What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coaching carousel in full spin...

looks like ND's oc/rb coach Michael Haywood will be the replacement for Briles at Houston.

Southern Miss' top 2 names are South Carolina DC Tyrone Nix and Jimbo Fisher

I really hope Willingham gets another year, Lockar is a beast and they have their moments, but he NEEDS to fire his DC they blow too many leads.

Locker is a lot of fun too watch. Sort of a poor man's Tim Tebow.

Now that the dust has pretty much settled in B12 with aTm, BU and NU naming their coaches, I thought a couple of "domino" rumors might be of interest:

Leach to UCLA

Pinkel to Michigan.

I think both are probably longshots, but the chatter is there.

Now that the dust has pretty much settled in B12 with aTm, BU and NU naming their coaches, I thought a couple of "domino" rumors might be of interest:

Leach to UCLA

Pinkel to Michigan.

I think both are probably longshots, but the chatter is there.

there is much clamor in the UCLA alumni base for Leach, I have tried to reason the dozens of UCLA fans I know out of this, its hopeless. As for Pinkle to UM that seems like a bad Hire I like Brian Kelly for that job.

Leach at UCLA would be a bad hire. That O will never win consistently aginst the big boys, you have to give Leach credit though, he has found a gimmick that makes him look great at the mid tier bowl level.

Pinkel isn;t going anywhere IMO. It is interesting thought that Michigam is looking at him.

Dorrell out. Peterson, Mooch and Leach in that order, per LA Times. Tricky Ricky has too much baggage for UCLA apparently.

arky are going for tommy bowden and offering him 2m p/y according to espn ....

Dorrell out. Peterson, Mooch and Leach in that order, per LA Times. Tricky Ricky has too much baggage for UCLA apparently.

I don't have the link, but Peterson apparently said he has no interest in the ucla job during his Monday press conference. I'm wondering if ucla will open up the wallet a little more than they did for Dorrell. I would think that they'd obviously have to to land Mooch.

arky are going for tommy bowden and offering him 2m p/y according to espn ....

Thatis a move that makes sense to me. Tommy can't satisfy the Clemson folk and Arky would love him there...at least for a few years.

I don't have the link, but Peterson apparently said he has no interest in the ucla job during his Monday press conference. I'm wondering if ucla will open up the wallet a little more than they did for Dorrell. I would think that they'd obviously have to to land Mooch.

what a snub, I bet the UCLA fan base is shocked the guy would prefer to stay in Boise. I wonder if he has something different lined up.

he signed an extension at clemson this morning

Well, so much for that. thanks for the info Jens.

Just checked in on Arky fan and they are in near meltdown because Tubby and Tommy Bowden are no longer interested. Butch Davis seems a remote possibility too. Now thye are saying go to Venables or get this Malzahn, the godfather of the no huddle Springdale mafia that unseated Nutt. Yeah, I am sure THAT would be a good move. Arky may have this year's coaching search cluster**** on their hands.

Last edited:
Well, so much for that. thanks for the info Jens.

Just checked in on Arky fan and they are in near meltdown because Tubby and Tommy Bowden are no longer interested. Butch Davis seems a remote possibility too. Now thye are saying go to Venables or get this Malzahn, the godfather of the no huddle Springdale mafia that unseated Nutt. Yeah, I am sure THAT would be a good move. Arky may have this year's coaching search cluster**** on their hands.

Grobe to Arkansas

FAYETTEVILLE - Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe is going to be the next football coach at the University of Arkansas and is likely to be introduced on Thursday.

The board of the Razorback Foundation met briefly via conference call Wednesday evening and approved a salary supplement for Grobe, who just completed his seventh season at Wake Forest.

There is a strong likelihood that Grobe will be paid more than former coach Houston Nutt, but details of the salary package were not immediately available.

A coach's salary from state funds is limited so the Foundation must agree to guarantee any other money that is promised a coach.

For instance, former Razorback coach Houston Nutt received a state salary of $330,000, but his total package was about $1.5 million. Among other things, Nutt was guaranteed $600,000 for radio-TV and $250,000 for speaking engagements.

The foundation would not be asked to approve a specific compensation package unless Grobe had agreed to the deal. The process was evident on Monday night, when the board was supposed to meet to approve money for Clemson coach Tommy Bowden. The meeting was postponed twice and then canceled when Bowden agreed to a contract extension at Clemson.

At one point, it appeared the foundation would bump Bowden's salary so he could personally take care of a buyout at Clemson. The same process could be in play with Grobe, who reportedly has a buyout of $2 million.,

It is believed that Arkansas athletic director Jeff Long zeroed in on Bowden and Grobe as his top two choices in the days after Nutt resigned. People very interested in the search were told that Long would hire the best head coach available.

Grobe has a 45-39 record at Wake Forest, including an 11-3 Orange Bowl team last year and 8-4 team this year headed for the Meineke Bowl. Following last year, he signed an extension through 2016 for what was believed to be about $1.1 million per year.

what a snub, I bet the UCLA fan base is shocked the guy would prefer to stay in Boise. I wonder if he has something different lined up.

he stayed last year after the Fiesta Bowl. I think this guy actually likes and enjoys living in Boise and working for the school over other programs and more money. Imagine that.

he stayed last year after the Fiesta Bowl. I think this guy actually likes and enjoys living in Boise and working for the school over other programs and more money. Imagine that.

I wonder if that was a factor in Hawkins leaving for CU last year. I see Hawkins as a guy who loves a challange, and if he felt that CU was a great school getting unfairly hammered, and knew that Peterson was ready for a head coaching job anyway, so he knew he would be leaving Boise in good hands and took the challenge head on.

he made like $100k more last year at boise than what ucla paid dorrell too. ucla is notorious for underpaying head coaches and assistants, and they're in a real estate market where you have to make some good money or live 2 hours from campus.

Grobe to Arkansas

FAYETTEVILLE - Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe is going to be the next football coach at the University of Arkansas and is likely to be introduced on Thursday.

i like the hire for arky, but this kinda makes me wonder why michigan didnt go for grobe. he did a decent job and won the acc at a "small school" (sorry, wfu) ....

jumbo fisher was given a 3-year extension at fsu and promised bowden´s job when he retires.

i like the hire for arky, but this kinda makes me wonder why michigan didnt go for grobe. he did a decent job and won the acc at a "small school" (sorry, wfu) ....

jumbo fisher was given a 3-year extension at fsu and promised bowden´s job when he retires.

Grobe's son told me last night that his dad hadn't 100% accepted the offer at Arkansas and was meeting with Wake's AD in his home to hear their AD's last ditch effort. Looks like it worked, just got a text from his son that his dad is likely staying at Wake.

Grobe's son told me last night that his dad hadn't 100% accepted the offer at Arkansas and was meeting with Wake's AD in his home to hear their AD's last ditch effort. Looks like it worked, just got a text from his son that his dad is likely staying at Wake.

Bwhahahahaha. Arky is royally screwing this up.

Bwhahahahaha. Arky is royally screwing this up.

BIG TIME. They have (maybe had now) a pledge from a few of the Walton kids and Jerry Jones the money to pay the buyout and salary to get a high quality coach. I know there were some rumblings that when they were prepared to hire Tommy Bowden that several boosters/influential people that he was on the same level as Houston Nutt and they wanted a step up from Nutt.

Now they're going to end up with Malzahn or Ron English.

he made like $100k more last year at boise than what ucla paid dorrell too. ucla is notorious for underpaying head coaches and assistants, and they're in a real estate market where you have to make some good money or live 2 hours from campus.

I dont make Karl Dorrell money and I live 20 minutes from campus.

Just curious, who exactly are you? Do you have a line to every HC in the USA? Furthermore, if these nuggets are told to you in confidence do you really want to share them on a public board?

Myles Brand.

I was thinking more along the lines of Beano Cook....

cook_beano_c.jpg

Back