What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coaching Carousel...

Jim Calhoun thrilled that UConn will now be exclusively a bball school again...

I was about to ask if the football coach really matters at UConn. I guess their fanbase is far more likely to have in depth details of the 2014 basketball recruiting class than their starting QB.

Thanks to Greg Brown's departure, Mike Stoops has pulled Duane Akina back to Zona. For Texas' future recruiting classes: NUTPUNCH!

Thanks to Greg Brown's departure, Mike Stoops has pulled Duane Akina back to Zona. For Texas' future recruiting classes: NUTPUNCH!

good for Akina. he couldn't have been too happy when Mack pulled in Muschamp, he was Co-DC at the time and then got bumped back to DB coach.

That is a big-time hire for Arizona. Guy can coach DBs and recruit with the best of them. He is also a native of Hawaii, so I imagine we will go head-to-head with him quite a bit.

UT fans are pretty upset at Akina leaving, Muschamp leaving and Grimes saying, thanks, but no thanks. They all seem OK with Greg Davis leaving, now that they the Scientologist on their side...you know the e-meter offense and all...

I'm pretty sure the $ec kept some "traditional" rivalries in place, regardless of the divisional assignment. For instance, Bama and the Rocky Tops were allowed to kept their game on the 3rd Sat in October.

Something the Big 12 should have learned something from. Now that its the big Texass league the truth is out.

I was about to ask if the football coach really matters at UConn. I guess their fanbase is far more likely to have in depth details of the 2014 basketball recruiting class than their starting QB.

UConn is pretty serious I think. Keep in mind this school was a lower division 1AA in 2000 and made the fastest transition from 1aa to 1a. They were also fastest to join a major conference going from independent to the Big East in 2 years.

Tulsa hired Denver Johnson as its OL Coach.

He's a good guy. His wife is nice, too. Glad to see him land on his feet.

Looks like Michigan picked up the Ravens DC to be their DC. This could have something to do with Jones' decision to remain a Wolverine. Seems like a step down from a coaching standpoint, but good for them I guess.

Looks like Michigan picked up the Ravens DC to be their DC. This could have something to do with Jones' decision to remain a Wolverine. Seems like a step down from a coaching standpoint, but good for them I guess.

And Boulder's-own Chuck Pagano now gets promoted to DC for the Ravens!

I think Denver should get credit for Solder being a 1st team All-American and award finalist

I think Denver should get credit for Solder being a 1st team All-American and award finalist

One year under Kent Riddle at TE and ST.
Two years with Jeff Grimes when he made the switch from TE to OT.
Two years with Denver Johnson.

Grimes got him going, Denver finished the job. I'll call it even.

Vikings new offensive coordinator is Bill Musgrave...

I'm sure Bloblaw will be excited to know that Musgrave is a product of the same HS that produced great minds such as D3H and myself.... :woot:

Gary Crowton moves from LSU to Maryland as OC
Steve Kragthorpe hired as new LSU OC to replace him.

LSU got the better of that deal.

They're my pre-season pick to win the national championship. Brutal schedule, but ridiculous team.

LSU got the better of that deal.

They're my pre-season pick to win the national championship. Brutal schedule, but ridiculous team.

If Alabama can get anything out of their QB position next season, they have the edge over LSU due to getting LSU at home. Both teams are stacked.

Andy Ludwig has left the Offensive Coordinator job at Cal to accept the same position at San Diego State.

Andy Ludwig has left the Offensive Coordinator job at Cal to accept the same position at San Diego State.

:wow: SDSU must have a big budget for their coordinators. Hoke had some pretty impressive guys in those jobs too...

Back