What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado RPI Watch

I'd tend to think that a win against OSU tomorrow not only seals up our bid (if it's not already) but it should also keep us clear of any danger of playing in the stupid "first" round.

I would say were about 80% in, even if we lost the next two games. I do think beating Oregon State would probably keep us going to Dayton. Just need to make sure we aren't one of those "last four in."

I would say were about 80% in, even if we lost the next two games. I do think beating Oregon State would probably keep us going to Dayton. Just need to make sure we aren't one of those "last four in."

This is pretty ridiculous. We are 20-9 with a win stolen by the refs on the road against a top 10 team. We lost at the buzzer to ASU in a game where the officiating was awful. We lost at the very end to Utah. We should be 21-8 ( u of a game ) and could be 23-6. Our RPI is in the top 30 and our SOS is in the top 20. We have several quality wins. I'll bet you anything come selection Sunday there are a lot of teams seeded higher than us that have a much worse RPI, weaker SOS and not as many quality wins....they will just have a win or two more than us. If we beat OSU, win our first Pac 12 game and then lose we should be about a 7 seed. But I'll bet you anything we get a 10 which is GARBAGE.

This is pretty ridiculous. We are 20-9 with a win stolen by the refs on the road against a top 10 team. We lost at the buzzer to ASU in a game where the officiating was awful. We lost at the very end to Utah. We should be 21-8 ( u of a game ) and could be 23-6. Our RPI is in the top 30 and our SOS is in the top 20. We have several quality wins. I'll bet you anything come selection Sunday there are a lot of teams seeded higher than us that have a much worse RPI, weaker SOS and not as many quality wins....they will just have a win or two more than us. If we beat OSU, win our first Pac 12 game and then lose we should be about a 7 seed. But I'll bet you anything we get a 10 which is GARBAGE.
The "if" game is pretty dangerous as it goes both ways (a foul could've been called in that first Oregon game for example), although I was pretty infuriated with the Arizona game myself.

I really think our seeding will be much higher than currently projected even if we don't win the Pac 12 Tourney
I don't think seeding is going to matter as much this year so not overly concerned here. As it is, 7-10 is somewhat of a flip of a coin, I'll bet this year 6-11 will be pretty similar. I would be more looking at matchups than seeds.

The "if" game is pretty dangerous as it goes both ways (a foul could've been called in that first Oregon game for example), although I was pretty infuriated with the Arizona game myself.

I still don't know where this phantom foul was at the end of the first Oregon game. Just because Singler whined about doesn't make the phantom foul exist. It was an excellent challenge by the Mayor.

I feel like the Zona game was stolen from us in Tucson.

Other than that, you are your record. Frustrating season with the "woulda coulda" stuff, but the team didn't find a way to win some games it should have. Overall, they've actually been much more consistent than we had any right to expect from a young team that had little depth.

I feel like the Zona game was stolen from us in Tucson.

Other than that, you are your record. Frustrating season with the "woulda coulda" stuff, but the team didn't find a way to win some games it should have. Overall, they've actually been much more consistent than we had any right to expect from a young team that had little depth.

Yep. We lost to ASU and Utah. That's just how it is. The Arizona game, however, was stolen. We won that and have every right to claim that was a win from now until eternity

We can say farewell to Wofford this season.

Wofford lost to Georgia Southern 60-44 today in the First Round of the SoCon Tournament in Asheville.

Wofford finishes the season 13-19 (7-11). Young team, but I expected a little more from them this year.

Wofford just got destroyed by GA Southern in the 1st round of the Southern tourney. That's a game they could have won. I'm really surprised that the young talent at Wofford never gelled this year. We scheduled them in the wrong season.

Big game of the day for our RPI is Murray State against E Kentucky (24-8) in the OVC semi-final. (7pm, ESPN3).

Wofford just got destroyed by GA Southern in the 1st round of the Southern tourney. That's a game they could have won. I'm really surprised that the young talent at Wofford never gelled this year. We scheduled them in the wrong season.

Big game of the day for our RPI is Murray State against E Kentucky (24-8) in the OVC semi-final. (7pm, ESPN3).

Want to see a weird ass conference tournament bracket format? Look at the OVC's. Total cluster**** of divisions, byes, etc.

Looks like Murray State will fend off a solid Eastern Kentucky squad to advance to the OVC Tournament finals against Belmont.

Murray State improves to 21-9. RPI up to 117

Last edited:
That was a big win for Murray State. Conference final will be against a very good Belmont team. Win that and they're in the tourney and might just have a Top 100 RPI depending on what some other teams do this week.

That was a big win for Murray State. Conference final will be against a very good Belmont team. Win that and they're in the tourney and might just have a Top 100 RPI depending on what some other teams do this week.

This was a very solid win for them tonight, EKU was in the low 60's before this I believe. It's possible they can get in the top 100 -- they moved up like 13 spots with this win, a win over Belmont (RPI 22) would provide another huge jump.

Dayton is 101.. Need them to get in (and USC and ASU to stay in)

ASU has worried me some since they swept us but their rpi is in the 60's i think. i think they have more question mark than us. barring some weird collapse i think we are in....now, we may get a death sentence seed....but we are playing imo.

ASU has worried me some since they swept us but their rpi is in the 60's i think. i think they have more question mark than us. barring some weird collapse i think we are in....now, we may get a death sentence seed....but we are playing imo.

Mick, ASU's RPI is down to 96 now after losing 3 straight. I still think they finish above 100, but they had better be careful. Regardless, it's hard for me to see a 20 (likely at least 21 by Selection Sunday) win team as a "bad loss" for us

Based on some SOS adjustments from today's games, the Buffs jumped Okie to go to #23 RPI.

Murray State can help us a lot tomorrow against #22 Belmont.

Saturday RPI games for CU:

Hartford (17-12) plays UMBC (7-22)
Dayton (17-12) at George Washington (12-16)
Kansas (26-4) at Baylor (17-13)
New Mexico (26-4) at Air Force (16-12)
Fresno State (10-18) at UNLV (23-7)
Murray State (21-9) at Belmont (25-6)
Nevada (12-17) at CSU (23-7)
N Arizona (11-19) at Montana (22-6)

UCLA (22-8) at Washington (17-13)
Oregon (23-7) at Utah (12-17)
ASU (20-10) at Zona (23-6)
USC (14-16) at Wazzu (12-18)

Colorado (20-9) hosts Oregon State (13-17)

Saturday RPI games for CU:

Hartford (17-12) plays UMBC (7-22)
Dayton (17-12) at George Washington (12-16)
Kansas (26-4) at Baylor (17-13)
New Mexico (26-4) at Air Force (16-12)
Fresno State (10-18) at UNLV (23-7)
Murray State (21-9) at Belmont (25-6)
Nevada (12-17) at CSU (23-7)
N Arizona (11-19) at Montana (22-6)

UCLA (22-8) at Washington (17-13)
Oregon (23-7) at Utah (12-17)
ASU (20-10) at Zona (23-6)
USC (14-16) at Wazzu (12-18)

Colorado (20-9) hosts Oregon State (13-17)

Huge game tomorrow for CU. There seems to be this idea out there that CU is locked into 5th and not much matters. Utterly false. CU HAS to win, or could fall as low as 7. Not to mention, we're trying to boost our seeding for the Dance here. This is a big game. They're ALL big when it's March. Hope the Keg is rocking and the players recognize what's at stake.

Hartford is the 3 seed in the America East Tournament (Albany, NY). Should roll tomorrow. Hartford RPI 172. They are a darkhorse to win this tournament, but Stony Brook, Albany and Vermont will be tough.

Dayton just simply has to win at Georege Washington. Dayton RPI 101. George Washington mediocre at best. Let's lock the Flyers in as a top 100 win.

Baylor's last ditch effort to sneak in the Dance

Golden opportunity for AFA to finish strong. New Mexico has had their vulnerable moments on the road.

Huge game for Murray State. Big Dance auto-bid on the line, not to mention, a win may put them in the top 100 (Currently 117, Belmont 22). Just huge for CU's resume if they can win.

UCLA at Washington is huge. Keep in mind, folks, that we better take care of business against Oregon State. If we lost, and Washington beat UCLA, we'd both finish 10-8 and UW would have the tiebreaker over this. There is a LOT for CU to be playing for tomorrow.

Oregon's stock is starting to plummet. A loss at Utah might be the wake up call the media needs that Oregon simply isn't very good lately. Oregon's RPI is 49....

ASU is another one that can pass us in seeding. If they won at Arizona and CU lost, we'd be 10-8 and ASU would get the tiebreaker over us. That said, we need ASU to stay top 100 (although a loss at Arizona wouldn't drop them much at all)

USC is another one we need to stay in the top 100 (currently 95th). This has big implications on who CU plays in the first game in Vegas.

Last edited:
Mick, ASU's RPI is down to 96 now after losing 3 straight. I still think they finish above 100, but they had better be careful. Regardless, it's hard for me to see a 20 (likely at least 21 by Selection Sunday) win team as a "bad loss" for us

i'm a bit out of the loop, too much work and girl issues of late. meh. thought i remembered sparky was around 60. sparky's 3 straight leaves them behind us in the standings...so i'm less worried about that. we're in imo.

anyway, my standard line is that 20 wins don't mean crap anymore. strictly cosmetic. not a bad loss to ASU, however infuriating the home one. but, for a time, in a 4 team league having Herbie Sendek's bunch ahead of us with a sweep was worrisome, potentially.

Last edited:
Huge game tomorrow for CU. There seems to be this idea out there that CU is locked into 5th and not much matters. Utterly false. CU HAS to win, or could fall as low as 7. Not to mention, we're trying to boost our seeding for the Dance here. This is a big game. They're ALL big when it's March. Hope the Keg is rocking and the players recognize what's at stake.
If we had lost on Thursday, this could've been a do-or-die game, but I think were solidly in. I said earlier 80% and that was before hearing Roberson should be back for the P12 Tourney. This is a big game since it's March like you said but I'm not too concerned either way. We should win against Oregon State at home.

If we had lost on Thursday, this could've been a do-or-die game, but I think were solidly in. I said earlier 80% and that was before hearing Roberson should be back for the P12 Tourney. This is a big game since it's March like you said but I'm not too concerned either way. We should win against Oregon State at home.

This is why I am worried.

Of course we should win. But, Oregon State does have talent you can't take for granted. The main worry here is a loss coupled with a Washington and/or UCLA win would drop us to 6th or 7th. (If we're all 10-8, we lose the tiebreakers with those two). After a big win, it would be easy to be caught sleepwalking today. Must take care of business.

i'm a bit out of the loop, too much work and girl issues of late. meh. thought i remembered sparky was around 60. sparky's 3 straight leaves them behind us in the standings...so i'm less worried about that. we're in imo.

anyway, my standard line is that 20 wins don't mean crap anymore. strictly cosmetic. not a bad loss to ASU, however infuriating the home one. but, for a time, in a 4 team league having Herbie Sendek's bunch ahead of us with a sweep was worrisome, potentially.

cu and asu win we finish 4th

Minnesota got destroyed by Purdue. Minnesota is definitely in, despite their 8-10 B1G record. However....their loss today dropped them behind CU in the RPI.

Buffs are now 23rd

Minnesota got destroyed by Purdue. Minnesota is definitely in, despite their 8-10 B1G record. However....their loss today dropped them behind CU in the RPI.

Buffs are now 23rd
Guess beating Indiana will do that, should almost be a rule you can't get into the Tourney with an under 500 record in league play short of winning the league tourney.

Back