What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado v Arizona - November 11, 12pm MT - P12N

Of course, we all understand the natural evolution of their emotion and the reasons. We experienced it. Let them be. Guide them. Love them every step. Validate them, don’t spend every moment trying to correct them. They will turn out who they are in the end. And love them along the way.
The job of the parent is to guide their child to recognize that the kid’s tantrums aren’t okay. Saying “**** CU” because of a football losing streak is just spoiled children being petulent.

The job of the parent is to guide their child to recognize that the kid’s tantrums aren’t okay. Saying “**** CU” because of a football losing streak is just spoiled children being petulent.
You parent the way you want. You are not always right, amazing and as foreign as that may seem to you. My kids are happy and healthy. That’s all I want.. I hope yours are as well.

PAHI's right. Regardless of what our defense wanted to do, MLC ended up in the end zone, and honestly, I don't know wtf the ref was doing on that whistle. It's crazy, because we were commenting earlier in the game about how long the officials were letting the play go on in piles like that.

That quick whistle was completely against what was going on in the rest of the game. Considering everyone knew what was going to happen if UA got the first down but didn't score, I have to think that the ref in question knew what he was doing when he chose to blow the whistle.

Et tu, Brute?

"I wish they scored. We would have been better off if they scored. We could have let them score. But we chose to do something against our own best interest. And then the refs screwed it all up!"

The refs made the wrong call. That doesn't excuse the stupid coaching.

Just got home. ****.
****ing frustrating.

1st half we had receivers running wide open SS was holding on to the ball to long. At least three long/ possible TDs.
Have to commit to run the damn ball, it's aloud to run 2 or even 3 plays in a row.....WTF? clock management jeez.

People are still getting upset about the team this year?! We've watched nearly all of our games go from blow outs to being competitive in the 4th quarter.

Y'all really get that spoiled by the 3-0 start?

The issues have been creeping up since literally the Nebraska game.
Remember the huge Sugar High after the win over TCU? At the time it seemed like most of the country (and Buff fans) still thought TCU was elite even though it had graduated a lot of good players.

Last edited:
I just read this thread. Jesus Christ people.

Walking home from the game, I was thinking "Well that hurt, but it's good to watch competitive football again."

And you want to know what else I was thinking? "Play calling looked a lot better. The runs seemed to open up the passing, and the O-Line looked substantially better."

And also, "Giving up several gashers on the ground sucked. But also, overall we looked better against the run. And overall, the defense looked improved these last few weeks."

So I dunno, but you guys seem to be having a much worse experience this season than me. Our outlook is great.
My exact thoughts. I’ve just read through this thread and am sort of taken aback by all the negativity. I’m as frustrated as anyone but we are in the right track.

People are still getting upset about the team this year?! We've watched nearly all of our games go from blow outs to being competitive in the 4th quarter.

Y'all really get that spoiled by the 3-0 start?

The issues have been creeping up since literally the Nebraska game.
It’s a good point. I don’t see last year as the relevant comparator.

Remember the huge Sugar High after the win over TCU? At the time most of the country (and Buff fans) still thought TCU was elite even though it had graduated a lot of good players.
I don't think anyone thought they were elite but I definitely thought they were better than what they've put out.

My biggest gripe is our inability to put any pressure on the QB. I don’t think we laid a hand on him the entire game. At least before he got the ball off.

Remember the huge Sugar High after the win over TCU? At the time it seemed like most of the country (and Buff fans) still thought TCU was elite even though it had graduated a lot of good players.
I tried to tell people all off season that CU was going to beat TCU...not because CU was great, but because TCU was going to be like a 7ish win team this year.

Hell, I probably posted that exact take on this board.

I think that time out was well used. The play clock was running out and they were not going to get the snap off in time. And not moving Mata back 5 more yards seemed like a good trade to me.
Perhaps, but the FG team should have been ready to go as soon as 3rd down was complete. The fact they let the play clock wind down enough to become an issue was nothing less than horrible game management. Its not like it was 3rd and 1 and a decision needed to be made. No matter which way you slice it, Prime/OC forced CU into calling a timeout that was NOT well used. Yes, it had to be used, just unnecessarily, and that falls on the coaches.

You parent the way you want. You are not always right, amazing and as foreign as that may seem to you. My kids are happy and healthy. That’s all I want.. I hope yours are as well.
I am definitely correct. Many of our society’s current problems are due to people enabling their children.

Perhaps, but the FG team should have been ready to go as soon as 3rd down was complete. The fact they let the play clock wind down enough to become an issue was nothing less than horrible game management. Its not like it was 3rd and 1 and a decision needed to be made. No matter which way you slice it, Prime/OC forced CU into calling a timeout that was NOT well used. Yes, it had to be used, just unnecessarily, and that falls on the coaches.
If I’m remembering correctly, the 3rd down play had a nasty head shot on 2, during the tackle (not sure why it wasn’t targeting). That led to a lot of back and forth with players on the field while the 40 sec clock ran. So I agree with what you are saying, but the circumstances kind of put the FG team in a bad spot and I think the TO was well used there.

I am definitely correct. Many of our society’s current problems are due to people enabling their children.
You are always right. Expanding how I raise my kids to “society’s current peoblems” is a big leap IMO. Did you really want I go there without evidence about. me or my children. I hope it.

My kids are fine, happy and healthy as I said… and they pay a **** ton of taxes. I hope similar for yours.

You are always right. Expanding how I raise my kids to “society’s current peoblems” is a big leap IMO. Did you really want I go there without evidence about. me or my children. I hope it.

My kids are fine, happy and healthy as I said… and they pay a **** ton of taxes. I hope similar for yours.
speaking of logic leaps… I have never once said that I am “always right.” I am correct by identifying enabling parental styling as a source of many modern social problems.

who cares family guy GIF

speaking of logic leaps… I have never once said that I am “always right.” I am correct by identifying enabling parental styling as a source of many modern social problems.
You are correct. You never said such. But actions and context says such. We all see it. Some call it.

There is a difference between enabling behavior and invalidating emotions (my original point ).

Best to your children. They are all precious.

You are correct. You never said such. But actions and context says such. We all see it. Some call it.

There is a difference between enabling behavior and invalidating emotions (my original point ).

Best to your children. They are all precious.
Who? You and the White KKKnights of AllBuffs? 🤣🤣🤣

When you don’t correct childish sentiments, you enable petulant behavior.

Who? You and the White KKKnights of AllBuffs? 🤣🤣🤣

When you don’t correct childish sentiments, you enable petulant behavior.
Uh oh. The race card. I ignored it last time. It’s vile on your part. Uncalled for. Putrid. But it says a lot. It’s below the line. I’ll debate and fight hard gr my position, but the race thing is just not where this convo should go. You are better than that. We both know it.

The context is invalidating emotions of our kids, not petulant behaviors. Let’s stay on topic.

Please don’t do the KKK thing, Manhattan.

Wazzu game is a must win game for perception alone.

If we go 4-8 the haters will be out in full force and recruits will have second thoughts even Prime won’t be able to overcome

Back