What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado v Arizona - November 11, 12pm MT - P12N

Agree. Pass protection was much better. We still can't run. But there were a few plays, where early in the play I'm thinking it's easily 8 yards or more - and then we get 4. In other words, I don't think our RBs are getting as many yards as they should.
The connectivity between play call, QB ball handling, RB effort, and WR blocking is just not good
Shurmur did a good job making up for the line play, and putting Zilinkas as a Jumbo TE was an intelligent adjustments
They are not big enough, strong enough, or well-coached overall, but they had pride today.
RB's have both been underutilized, mismanaged, and have badly missed on chances to break runs
I love Dylan Edwards, but just not sure how you classify him as an every-down P5 back in his freshman year. He is special, he can make plays, he should get 8-10 touches a game if possible, but not the starter on a P5 team with other backs that are more mature and have more experience.

Frustrated, uggghhh

The connectivity between play call, QB ball handling, RB effort, and WR blocking is just not good
Shurmur did a good job making up for the line play, and putting Zilinkas as a Jumbo TE was an intelligent adjustments
They are not big enough, strong enough, or well-coached overall, but they had pride today.
RB's have both been underutilized, mismanaged, and have badly missed on chances to break runs
I love Dylan Edwards, but just not sure how you classify him as an every-down P5 back in his freshman year. He is special, he can make plays, he should get 8-10 touches a game if possible, but not the starter on a P5 team with other backs that are more mature and have more experience.

Frustrated, uggghhh

Dylan needs to get stronger, and I'm confident he will.

Stanford is a win. But where's the other win?

UCLA DL destroyed us
Oregon State dominated us on both OL and DL all day long.
USC wasn't in real threat of losing to us.

Where is the 6th win?
Well, today could have been. And let's see Wazzu.

I have perspective. I realize where this team was last year and where the team is now. I still believe the future is bright but that doesn't mean I'm required to ignore bad game management and undisciplined play.
Some might say its a rebuilding year…. 🤷‍♂️

There is a lot of finger pointing going on. The head man ran off almost all the previous team. He scored some huge talent in the portal. But not enough. Every week the game is close. But we almost never put the other team away.

Were an incomplete team that can not dictate the game to the opponent. We exploit a concentration of offensive skill then fall down when the game gets hard nosed. Oregon exposed that about us.

Its been fun to watch. The trajectory is positive. Dont drink as much koolaid next year.

Reactions: DBT
Some might say its a rebuilding year…. 🤷‍♂️

There is a lot of finger pointing going on. The head man ran off almost all the previous team. He scored some huge talent in the portal. But not enough. Every week the game is close. Were an incomplete team that can not dictate the game to the opponent. We exploit a concentration of offensive skill then fall down when the game gets hard nosed. Oregon showed us.
We've been competitive in every game except Oregon. We are a couple dumb penalties and coaching mistakes away from being a bowl team right now. This program is close. I'm really anxious to see recruiting play out and the transfer portal.

Since you don’t seem to understand why your logic is flawed, I will point it out to you.

MLC didn’t score. The play was dead when the refs blew the whistle. Had CU allowed Arizona to score, the refs would not have blown the whistle. And CU would have gotten the ball back with a chance to tie.

The term “moot” means having little or no practical relevance. Since CU’s decision to attempt to stop the score instead of getting the ball back may have affected the outcome of the game, that decision was far from “moot” - unlike most of the poorly-formed thoughts that you post on this board.
His progress wasn’t stopped; I understand that the whistle was blown but it was a quick whistle and therefore a bad call. And that effectively ended the game. CU didn’t stop MLC from scoring, whether purposely or inadvertently. The official’s quick whistle did, and negated the fact that MLC did in fact cross the goal line. That was bad for CU as it turned out.

IMO this CU coaching staff never considered the option of parting like the Red Sea and just letting AZ score and then getting the ball back with a minute and a half left. I think that things were just moving too fast for them at the time.

In either theoretical case, either the officials recognizing MLCs actual TD, or a savvy CU staff purposely allowing MLC to score, we’re still now left with a speculative Allbuffy type of discussion as to whether or not CU would ACTUALLY have scored a TD in the remaining minute and a half to tie the game at 38-38 and go into OT, and no doubt that would birth at least 3 thread pages of possibly interesting but inconclusive yada yada yada speculation.

It doesn’t matter whether or not CU made a decision to attempt to stop the score because the officials negated the ACTUAL score with their bad call. In other words, what some folks here are calling for, i.e. for CU to “let AZ score” actually DID HAPPEN though it was through CU’s failure to stop MLC and not through a conscious decision. These folks got what they wanted regardless but then the officials screwed it up.

Moot, as I said earlier. We can’t change history.

(And now you’ve caused me to break my self imposed one-post rule for this thread. You owe me $20.00)

Last edited:
Back