What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado v Arizona - November 11, 12pm MT - P12N

His progress wasn’t stopped; I understand that the whistle was blown but it was a quick whistle and therefore a bad call. And that effectively ended the game. CU didn’t stop MLC from scoring, whether purposely or inadvertently. The official’s quick whistle did, and negated the fact that MLC did in fact cross the goal line. That was bad for CU as it turned out.

IMO this CU coaching staff never considered the option of parting like the Red Sea and just letting AZ score and then getting the ball back with a minute and a half left. I think that things were just moving too fast for them at the time.

In either theoretical case, either the officials recognizing MLCs actual TD, or a savvy CU staff purposely allowing MLC to score, we’re still now left with a speculative Allbuffy type of discussion as to whether or not CU would ACTUALLY have scored a TD in the remaining minute and a half to tie the game at 38-38 and go into OT, and no doubt that would birth at least 3 thread pages of possibly interesting but inconclusive yada yada yada speculation.

It doesn’t matter whether or not CU made a decision to attempt to stop the score because the officials negated the ACTUAL score with their bad call. In other words, what some folks here are calling for, i.e. for CU to “let AZ score” actually DID HAPPEN though it was through CU’s failure to stop MLC and not through a conscious decision. These folks got what they wanted regardless but then the officials screwed it up.

Moot, as I said earlier.

Had CU let Arizona score, would the referees have blown their whistle?

I don't even know why I'm responding to this drivel. Actually, I do know. And you probably do too.

We've been competitive in every game except Oregon. We are a couple dumb penalties and coaching mistakes away from being a bowl team right now. This program is close. I'm really anxious to see recruiting play out and the transfer portal.
We have. That said the games are close because we cant close the door. <—Thats the pattern. So in theory, action reaction, there would just be Different reason (diff dumb pennalty) where we end up losing or barely winning.

I dont think were close, just on our way. What really matters in this coming class is beef and depth for the OL. And we dont have the NIL dough to outbid the super league programs for those portal players. So we better recruit well and hope a couple of those guys can play early. Maybe playing in the Little 12 next year will be easier.

I don’t invalidate feelings/emotion of my children. Maybe you parent differently. Sure, I may disagree, but don’t made them feel bad for what they feel. That’s bad parenting IMO.
Kids’ feelings are based in hormones they can’t control. Their emotions are governed by their undeveloped brains. Validating these emotional hurricanes is an abdication of parental responsibility.

We have. That said the games are close because we cant close the door. <—Thats the pattern. So in theory, action reaction, there would just be Different reason (diff dumb pennalty) where we end up losing or barely winning.

I dont think were close, just on our way. What really matters in this coming class is beef and depth for the OL. And we dont have the NIL dough to outbid the super league programs for those portal players. So we better recruit well and hope a couple of those guys can play early. Maybe playing in the Little 12 next year will be easier.
With the exception of Oregon, Cu has lost by less than one TD on average with most of the teams being ranked. They are close. I mean Tyler Brown could be the difference.

Kids’ feelings are based in hormones they can’t control. Their emotions are governed by their undeveloped brains. Validating these emotional hurricanes is an abdication of parental responsibility.
Of course, we all understand the natural evolution of their emotion and the reasons. We experienced it. Let them be. Guide them. Love them every step. Validate them, don’t spend every moment trying to correct them. They will turn out who they are in the end. And love them along the way.

Had CU let Arizona score, would the referees have blown their whistle?

I don't even know why I'm responding to this drivel. Actually, I do know. And you probably do too.
Of course they wouldn’t have. So what? In my opinion CU would have ****ed up the last minute and a half and would have lost 38-31. Maybe you should write a nasty letter to the PAC 12 Officials Office.

Peace out, as they say. I bear you no ill will and I again apologize for any insensitive posts I’ve made to you in the past.

Last edited:
Of course they wouldn’t have. So what? In my opinion CU would have ****ed up the last minute and a half and would have lost 38-31. Maybe you should write a nasty letter to the PAC 12 Officials Office.

This is the post where you retreat from your original post - after defending it - arrogantly calling someone an idiot for questioning it - then realizing it's a lost cause.

giphy.gif

I just read this thread. Jesus Christ people.

Walking home from the game, I was thinking "Well that hurt, but it's good to watch competitive football again."

And you want to know what else I was thinking? "Play calling looked a lot better. The runs seemed to open up the passing, and the O-Line looked substantially better."

And also, "Giving up several gashers on the ground sucked. But also, overall we looked better against the run. And overall, the defense looked improved these last few weeks."

So I dunno, but you guys seem to be having a much worse experience this season than me. Our outlook is great.

Walking home from the game, I was thinking "Well that hurt, but it's good to watch competitive football again."

And you want to know what else I was thinking? "Play calling looked a lot better. The runs seemed to open up the passing, and the O-Line looked substantially better."

And also, "Giving up several gashers on the ground sucked. But also, overall we looked better against the run. And overall, the defense looked improved these last few weeks."

So I dunno, but you guys seem to be having a much worse experience this season than me. Our outlook is great.

You hold a special place in my heart for hooking me up with really expensive tickets, but I think you've lost touch with reality. Just trying to be real with you. Because I care.

This is the post where you retreat from your original post - after defending it - arrogantly calling someone an idiot for questioning it - then realizing it's a lost cause.

giphy.gif
Dude. After saying I’m always wrong I do get to call you an idiot. It’s a fair trade. You’re grinding an axe.

You hold a special place in my heart for hooking me up with really expensive tickets, but I think you've lost touch with reality. Just trying to be real with you. Because I care.
We lost 11 games last year by an average of 33 points.

Any other coach comes in here - including Saban - we look at the results of these season and are excited that we're going to the wire with a ranked team. We're thinking "this is ****ing great!"

Prime establishes expectations and will never temper them. It's his character. After TCU, we went crazy with our expectations.

I also get frustrated with clock management. And some coaching decisions.

And we lost one game to coaching. And maybe two others. But man, we're in games this season, and we're bringing in better players.

This isn't horrible.

Sorry. I missed the post where you said you are always wrong. Peace.
HaHa. Hank, you said I was always wrong in GIANT CAPITAL LETTERS! Remember? Have an excellent evening. Let’s beat Wazzu …..!

That’s why I took exception to a post that suggested someone feels the same right now about the program as they did this time last year. There are some glaring issues in coaching, game management, playcalling and some positional talent, but we never trailed against the 21st ranked team until the Final score. We also took a top 15 team last week to the last possession. We made a comeback against USC to take it to the last possession, we’ve won games on the road, and we are finally at a point where we are competitive with just about everyone.

I’m guilty of it too, but 3-0 and all the hype legitimately got to this fanbases head and made most of us feel like we had flipped the switch overnight to where we going from 1-11 to 7-8+ wins in one season. The crash and 6 straight losses has been sobering

☝️This guy knows.

Dont drink as much Koolaid. Some of you didnt even go to CU when they were in their heyday (89-94). Rome was not built in a day. Were on our way. We have the bestest most popularze coach in the YouSA Be happy about that. Better things are yet to cum come.

My takeaway
Shurmur did a better job than Lewis would have done
Shedeur was and is not the same guy from the TCU game and he missed a lot of opportunities
When we score or get a turnover, can we just sprint over to our sidelines and celebrate there, instead of screwing around and getting penalties on the field.
Undisciplined as hell
I am optimistic, but Prime sets my expectations high, and thus I expect things to be done at the highest level, and game day management is pretty weak sauce
Sko Buffs

It’s frustrating because you can see that we are close to being pretty good. Just not good enough to overcome a dropped pass, a missed assignment, a penalty. So I agree that it’s fun to see competitive football for the first time in a number of seasons, but also easy to be discouraged because these games are winnable. Better days ahead!

His progress wasn’t stopped; I understand that the whistle was blown but it was a quick whistle and therefore a bad call. And that effectively ended the game. CU didn’t stop MLC from scoring, whether purposely or inadvertently. The official’s quick whistle did, and negated the fact that MLC did in fact cross the goal line. That was bad for CU as it turned out.

IMO this CU coaching staff never considered the option of parting like the Red Sea and just letting AZ score and then getting the ball back with a minute and a half left. I think that things were just moving too fast for them at the time.

In either theoretical case, either the officials recognizing MLCs actual TD, or a savvy CU staff purposely allowing MLC to score, we’re still now left with a speculative Allbuffy type of discussion as to whether or not CU would ACTUALLY have scored a TD in the remaining minute and a half to tie the game at 38-38 and go into OT, and no doubt that would birth at least 3 thread pages of possibly interesting but inconclusive yada yada yada speculation.

It doesn’t matter whether or not CU made a decision to attempt to stop the score because the officials negated the ACTUAL score with their bad call. In other words, what some folks here are calling for, i.e. for CU to “let AZ score” actually DID HAPPEN though it was through CU’s failure to stop MLC and not through a conscious decision. These folks got what they wanted regardless but then the officials screwed it up.

Moot, as I said earlier. We can’t change history.

(And now you’ve caused me to break my self imposed one-post rule for this thread. You owe me $20.00)

PAHI's right. Regardless of what our defense wanted to do, MLC ended up in the end zone, and honestly, I don't know wtf the ref was doing on that whistle. It's crazy, because we were commenting earlier in the game about how long the officials were letting the play go on in piles like that.

That quick whistle was completely against what was going on in the rest of the game. Considering everyone knew what was going to happen if UA got the first down but didn't score, I have to think that the ref in question knew what he was doing when he chose to blow the whistle.

Last edited:
PAHI's right. Regardless of what our defense wanted to do, MLC ended up in the end zone, and honestly, I don't know wtf the ref was doing on that whistle. It's crazy, beefsteak we were commenting earlier in the game about how long the officials were letting the play go on in piles like that.

That quick whistle was completely against what was going on in the rest of the game. Considering everyone knew what was going to happen if UA got the first down but didn't score, I have to think that the ref in question knew what he was doing when he chose to blow the whistle.
It shouldn’t have been an issue when the whistle mattered IMO. Let him score.

It’s frustrating because you can see that we are close to being pretty good. Just not good enough to overcome a dropped pass, a missed assignment, a penalty. So I agree that it’s fun to see competitive football for the first time in a number of seasons, but also easy to be discouraged because these games are winnable. Better days ahead!
I was thinking about your point earlier tonight whilst UW played UU. Watching UW tonight: Dropped passes…. Wet ball…. Fumbles…. Bad calls…. Dropped the ball outside the endzone on a pick six 😂😂😂…. Blocked field goals….

Good teams that are deep overcome those problems. They overcome them and put the game away. Thats not us. Yet.

Honestly, it just hurts more this year because we do have hope. It was easier last year because you knew going in that we were going to get rolled, and the 1st quarter usually bore that out.

Today, just like a few other games this year, you could see a path to victory. It's harder when you can see how we might win, only to still lose.

I will say though, I can't wait to get the **** away from Pac-12 refs. It's so frustrating watching a game, wondering when the refs are going to insert themselves into the game for no reason.

Honestly, it just hurts more this year because we do have hope. It was easier last year because you knew going in that we were going to get rolled, and the 1st quarter usually bore that out.

Today, just like a few other games this year, you could see a path to victory. It's harder when you can see how we might win, only to still lose.

I will say though, I can't wait to get the **** away from Pac-12 refs. It's so frustrating watching a game, wondering when the refs are going to insert themselves into the game for no reason.
From the refs to the broadcasts is low rent. I want to take a tour of their headquarters before it closes and take a giant dump on George's keyboard

I was thinking about your point earlier tonight whilst UW played UU. Watching UW tonight: Dropped passes…. Wet ball…. Fumbles…. Bad calls…. Dropped the ball outside the endzone on a pick six 😂😂😂…. Blocked field goals….

Good teams that are deep overcome those problems. They overcome them and put the game away. Thats not us. Yet.
Yes! Watching other games today, also gives me some perspective. I see other coaches do stupid stuff. I see top 10 teams have OL that at times looks like a sieve. But like you say, they have enough talent, both on the field and on the coaching staffs, to overcome. I believe we’ll get there. It was a fool’s errand to think we’d get there this year.

Back