What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado v Illinois - 2013 NCAA Tournament First Round Game Thread 3/22 2.40pm MT

Illinois as a team is at 32.5% from 3 as a team, so statistically we are actually better. They've also attempted 317 more 3's.

Paul and Richardson attempted a combined 460 3's. We as a team attempted 498

What do you all think were the best two games CU played this year in conference and what were the worst (at relatively-full strength)? If you have the ESPN app on xBox you can watch replays of a lot of games. I'm just trying to get a sense of this team, and wanted to watch a good representation of your talent.

Best:

* Arizona at home
* Oregon at home

Worst:

* Utah on the road
* ASU at home

I'd also include UCLA at home in the worst too. I know we only lost by 2, but that game was a ****show on our part. Lack of interest from the team and the crowd really killed us.

Illinois as a team is at 32.5% from 3 as a team, so statistically we are actually better. They've also attempted 317 more 3's.

Paul and Richardson attempted a combined 460 3's. We as a team attempted 498

Illinois shoots a ****load, and don't make them at a high clip. 242nd in % 3's made

Well after years of silence..... I have returned...... Two programs near and dear to my heart are playing each other so I thought I would chime in on this game. The Illini are a dangerous team....... if an opponent is not that physical with them then the Illini will prevail. This is whey they were under .500 in Big 10 play. Play in the Big 10 is a tad bit different than in most conferences.... very physical. Aggressive and physical defensive teams give the Illini fits. If the Buffs are not aggressive & physical with them then the Buffs will lose. The reason the Illini are dangerous is that the Buffs are not a Big 10 team... the Illini in non-conference play fared well against more finesse teams & they had the knack to win close games and find ways to win. In all honesty the Buffs and Miami are two teams the Illini match up well with... but they still have to play the games and we all know anything can happen and one kid who gets hot can take over a game... that is why I love March Madness! I wish this particular game could end in a tie! Go Buffs and Go Illini!

Best:

* Arizona at home
* Oregon at home

Worst:

* Utah on the road
* ASU at home

I'd also include UCLA at home in the worst too. I know we only lost by 2, but that game was a ****show on our part. Lack of interest from the team and the crowd really killed us.

This, but I'd exchange ASU at home for Cal on the road or Kansas on the road. The only thing about KU was Dinwiddie got hurt in the first couple of minutes. We were playing Stalzer and Talton in the Phog. That did not go well.

Arizona on the road was also a great performance.. for the first 35 minutes.

Last edited:
Seth Greenberg talking up CU and Spencer Dinwiddie and even Askia. He picked Dinwiddie to be the guy to become a household name from the East region

Colorado v Illinois - 2013 NCAA Tournament First Round Game Thread 3/22 2.40pm

Illinois:
Shots attempted: 1832
True Shooting %: 0.521

Colorado:
Shots attempted: 1592
True Shooting %: 0.520

Best:

* Arizona at home
* Oregon at home

Worst:

* Utah on the road
* ASU at home

I would probably add in the game @Wyoming in the worst there as well, but then again, Wyoming was a MUCH better team back then.

Well after years of silence..... I have returned...... Two programs near and dear to my heart are playing each other so I thought I would chime in on this game. The Illini are a dangerous team....... if an opponent is not that physical with them then the Illini will prevail. This is whey they were under .500 in Big 10 play. Play in the Big 10 is a tad bit different than in most conferences.... very physical. Aggressive and physical defensive teams give the Illini fits. If the Buffs are not aggressive & physical with them then the Buffs will lose. The reason the Illini are dangerous is that the Buffs are not a Big 10 team... the Illini in non-conference play fared well against more finesse teams & they had the knack to win close games and find ways to win. In all honesty the Buffs and Miami are two teams the Illini match up well with... but they still have to play the games and we all know anything can happen and one kid who gets hot can take over a game... that is why I love March Madness! I wish this particular game could end in a tie! Go Buffs and Go Illini!

He lives!!! :wow: :lol:

Personally I think it's a good matchup for the Buffs, because of a couple things: 1) Illinois doesn't have a real post presence - some of the Illini that have posted here have mentioned that their big guys tend to play more away from the basket. That should open things up for Dre to go wild on the boards, and hopefully a lot of putbacks. And 2) their offensive threats are all guards, the tallest being 6'4". Two of their three guards are going to be matched up against somebody 6'6" or taller. That should mess with their shot quite a bit as long as we don't lose them and leave them completely open. And Johnson and Dinwiddie should both have guys guarding them that are at least a couple inches shorter than them, with no physical presence in the middle. I look for them to drive to the hoop all day. As long as they're able to avoid getting their pockets picked in the process, I think Illinois is going to have serious problems stopping them from either driving or posting up down low...

good god.. 460 3pt attempts between 2 guys?!

Yeah that's an insane number. Somewhere around 15 a game. I can't imagine how many things I (or Tad) would break if Spencer and Ski were jacking up that many 3's.

[h=3]From Eamon Brennan's East Preview on ESPN.COM
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...caa-tournament-east-region-college-basketball

Possible Cinderella[/h]Here are two: Bucknell and Colorado. The Bison are more obvious, a No. 11 seed from the Patriot League with a potential pro center in Muscala, what feels like annual experience in the NCAA tournament and a totally doable first matchup with Butler. Colorado is less obvious, if only because a Pac-12 team usually can't be classified as a Cinderella. But if you're looking for a double-digit seed that can go deep, getting on board the Spencer Dinwiddie train might not be such a bad idea.

I'll chime in here. Illinois likes to play a pack line man d. First priority is to not give up the drive. Also we do have physical presence on interior d, not so much on the offensive side tho. If you can shoot us out of protecting the paint it becomes easier to drive, ie what Indiana Michigan and Wisconsin did to us. Our big men can get themselves into foul trouble but we play 4-5 guys interchangeably at pf and center so we don't have much drop off. You will get boards tho because our interior rotation leaves something to be desired from time to time

Personally I think it's a good matchup for the Buffs, because of a couple things: 1) Illinois doesn't have a real post presence - some of the Illini that have posted here have mentioned that their big guys tend to play more away from the basket. That should open things up for Dre to go wild on the boards, and hopefully a lot of putbacks. And 2) their offensive threats are all guards, the tallest being 6'4". Two of their three guards are going to be matched up against somebody 6'6" or taller. That should mess with their shot quite a bit as long as we don't lose them and leave them completely open. And Johnson and Dinwiddie should both have guys guarding them that are at least a couple inches shorter than them, with no physical presence in the middle. I look for them to drive to the hoop all day. As long as they're able to avoid getting their pockets picked in the process, I think Illinois is going to have serious problems stopping them from either driving or posting up down low...

Nominated for best first post ever.

Note to all: this is how to represent your school on an opposition fan board. Damn good work.

Thank you, sir.

I like steak
I like boobs
I like wimmins (and AllBuffs ladies, I am a passionate and tender lover - so PM or call me!)

and now I like AllBuffs posters due to your kind welcome.

Let's hope for a great game on Friday. Good luck to our programs regardless of the result. Looks like both programs are on the upswing.

Enjoy the tournament and Go March Madness.

Do you like the Rebel 'tards you're dealing with? Doubt much has changed in a year. Good lord they were lame last year.

I find them uninteresting and banal. You should feel lucky to be matched with the Illini. They appear capable of basic sentence structure and it seems they have no self-esteem issues.

I find them uninteresting and banal. You should feel lucky to be matched with the Illini. They appear capable of basic sentence structure and it seems they have no self-esteem issues.

I'm disappointed thus far. There's certainly worse, but just an overall "meh" though.

Long time! How are things?!?!?

Eh. About the same. Matt dumped the site on som... er, offered a group of users the opportunity to look after the site. I was one of the sucker... er, lucky chosen individuals... :lol: The Buffs actually don't suck at hoops anymore. Football still sucks. You know, life rolls on...

What's happening with you these days?

Best:

* Arizona at home
* Oregon at home

Worst:

* Utah on the road
* ASU at home

I think you could also consider:

Best - Stanford (home or road)
Worst - Cal (road) or Washington (road)

Well i am not to worried about our guards size vs the Buffs guards height. Hell two best point guards in the world are under 6'4'' and one was an Illini as was former Buffalo all time great Billups. Most great point guards are under 6'4'' such as Lillard and Burke of the past two seasons. Paul is strong enough to hold his own despite being 6'4''. I think it will be a good game. We have done very well outside of conference against good teams and are 7-2 in games decided by 5 or less. I think we are favored for a reason but that doesnt mean either team cant win. I just am wondering if Colorado beat any teams ranked in the top ten all season home or away? Or any teams ranked above the 5 line in the NCAA? WE had one common opponent we both beat USC. Us by 30 in Maui and you by 6 one your home court. I like our chances.

Last edited:
Well i am not to worried about our guards size vs the Buffs guards height. Hell two best point guards in the world are under 6'4'' and was an Illini as was former Buffalo all time great Billups. Most great point guards are such as Lillard and Burke of the past two seasons. Paul is strong enough to hold his own despite being 6'4''. I think it will be a good game. We have done very well outside of conference against good teams and are 7-2 in games decided by 5 or less. I think we are favored for a reason but that doesnt mean either team cant win. I just am wondering if Colorado beat any teams ranked in the top ten all season home or away? Or any teams ranked above the 5 line in the NCAA?

can someone translate the first half of this?

What's happening with you these days?

All is good with me. I still follow the Buffs... just have not been posting. I have been a lurker though on Allbuffs.com!
You guys have done a great job on the site - I love the upgrade that Stoudt got! He looks damn good!

Watching Buffs football has been heartbreaking to say the least.... I hope they can turn it around.
Basketball improvement has been great to see... lets keep that up and hope some of it rubs off on the football team!

Since I have broken my silence I might have to post more often!

You guys still fark on here?

Back