What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado v Illinois - 2013 NCAA Tournament First Round Game Thread 3/22 2.40pm MT

Interesting comment on the refs. The Pac 12 refs enter any game with a committment to facilitating an event in which things spiral out of control until there is a culminating assault and major injury (and then usually call a foul against the player who's most unconscious). At that point they retreat to ticky-tack calls--until the final minute, where it again becomes a free-for-all.

We're anxious to escape Pac 12 officiating as well.

It's a little bit that we're the new guys. Pac-12 refs are the western guys who do P12, WCC, WAC & MWC so they're not as familiar with us as the Big 12 refs were. That can influence things like getting the 50/50 calls on the home court.

But this year I think the big deal is that P12 refs got embarrassed nationally by the shot clock call at the end of our game at Arizona. Tad piled on with his post-game comments. Since then, I don't think they've been in the mood to do us any favors.

I dont know if this is a valid worry or not but for the last couple games of the season it seems as if our half court offense has really stalled out. I hope that the guys dont let the moment get to their heads and slow down their thinking. I think we are going to have to execute our offense very well to beat a team from one of the best conferences in the nation. Defense doesnt worry me so much, but if Ski and Dinwiddie shoot a low percentage we could be in trouble.
It's been like that the whole season, bud.

It's a little bit that we're the new guys. Pac-12 refs are the western guys who do P12, WCC, WAC & MWC so they're not as familiar with us as the Big 12 refs were. That can influence things like getting the 50/50 calls on the home court.

But this year I think the big deal is that P12 refs got embarrassed nationally by the shot clock call at the end of our game at Arizona. Tad piled on with his post-game comments. Since then, I don't think they've been in the mood to do us any favors.
I don't disagree with anything you've said, but this ^^ is exactly why I have a problem with a lot of the refs in the P12. All this does is reinforce the belief that refs are crooked and/or incompetent. It shouldn't be about what has happened in the past, just call the effing game straight up and be consistent in how the entire game is being called.

I dont know if this is a valid worry or not but for the last couple games of the season it seems as if our half court offense has really stalled out. I hope that the guys dont let the moment get to their heads and slow down their thinking. I think we are going to have to execute our offense very well to beat a team from one of the best conferences in the nation. Defense doesnt worry me so much, but if Ski and Dinwiddie shoot a low percentage we could be in trouble.

Funny you mention this...our last 2 weeks of basketball we have had just horrendous half court basketball. A lot of standing around settling for long jumpers...When we try to drive the lane we have been missing/air balling layups or turning the ball over from being out of control. Dribbling/handles/driving are not the specialty of this team by any means. It sounds like you guys turn the ball over a fair amount...but unfortunately we often struggle on fast breaks after turnovers, consistently blowing many 2-1 3-2 opportunities. We also really struggle to get to the free throw line in a lot of games and don't exactly knock em dead when we do get there...The 3 point shot is as important to this team as any Illinois team I can remember....

I expect this to be a very close game that could go either way...but this Illinois team can surprise you on any given night, good or bad....

I don't know that we've been on the bad side of all calls. They've favored us from time-to-time. And while I think they got it wrong in Tuscon, I understand why they got it wrong (it wasn't an easy call).

There just seems to be a hesitance to make calls, followed by an insistence on making the most ticky-tacky of all calls that's just puzzling to me.

Funny you mention this...our last 2 weeks of basketball we have had just horrendous half court basketball. A lot of standing around settling for long jumpers...When we try to drive the lane we have been missing/air balling layups or turning the ball over from being out of control. Dribbling/handles/driving are not the specialty of this team by any means. It sounds like you guys turn the ball over a fair amount...but unfortunately we often struggle on fast breaks after turnovers, consistently blowing many 2-1 3-2 opportunities. We also really struggle to get to the free throw line in a lot of games and don't exactly knock em dead when we do get there...The 3 point shot is as important to this team as any Illinois team I can remember....

I expect this to be a very close game that could go either way...but this Illinois team can surprise you on any given night, good or bad....

What's the over on this game? I'm taking anything above 73...

I'm looking forward to Friday's game if for no other reason to play a team NOT in the B1G. The saying, "Familiarity breeds contempt" is fitting in this case. While I respect the other B1G teams, I've had my fill of them.

Contempt for the B1G goes beyond B12 conference walls. About the most flattering comment I can say about the B1G is that the conference members aren't as obnoxious as the SEC or the Texas faction of the B12.

Would you guys please get Michigan and Ohio State under control?
Penn State - any buyers remorse?
kNebraska - can't spell aNUs without the "classiest" B1G school to lose AAU membership

These four cast a huge shadow over everyone else.

Colorado v Illinois - 2013 NCAA Tournament First Round Game Thread 3/22 2.40p...

You're joking. By that logic we've beaten the #16 team in the nation BAILER, the #3 team in the nation Arizona. #10 Oregon. #19 CSU.

Sorry to point this out, but that's not the same logic at all. We've played exactly one #1 seed, and got handed our worst loss of the season.

As an Illini fan I think our highs are much higher(Indiana, Gonzaga) and our lows are about the same(Northwestern, Purdue). I'd like to think if both of our teams played average ball we would come out on top more times than not.

Time will tell though.

As an Illini fan I think our highs are much higher(Indiana, Gonzaga) and our lows are about the same(Northwestern, Purdue). I'd like to think if both of our teams played average ball we would come out on top more times than not.

Time will tell though.

CU's only real bad loss was at Utah, although Utah plays everybody tough at home. The Oregon State loss was without Roberson and Wyoming was a completely different team early in the year. Injuries decimated that team. At the time we played them, they were getting top 25 votes.

CU's only real bad loss was at Utah, although Utah plays everybody tough at home. The Oregon State loss was without Roberson and Wyoming was a completely different team early in the year. Injuries decimated that team. At the time we played them, they were getting top 25 votes.

Highs might include sweeping Oregon, including a 23 point victory sans Roberson. I'd consider both ASU losses as low points (consider the lead we blew on the road).

But the Illini are right when they point out that we don't have any Gonzagas or Michigans on our resume.

Time will tell though.

As mentioned, the Oregon State loss is not as it seems as CU was sans Roberson. It's Dre's ball, there's nothing you can do about that.

I'd also include your 1 point win over Gardner-Webb, 2 point win over Auburn, Hawaii in OT, and battle with Western Carolina in the low category.

i'm an Illinois fan

i have no prediction on the game

i have no problem or ill will toward CU

so, here's a pic of a hot chick

hot-chick.jpg

i'm an Illinois fan

i have no prediction on the game

i have no problem or ill will toward CU

so, here's a pic of a hot chick

hot-chick.jpg
Nominated for best first post ever.

Note to all: this is how to represent your school on an opposition fan board. Damn good work.

Nominated for best first post ever.

Note to all: this is how to represent your school on an opposition fan board. Damn good work.

Too many reps for an enemy. It is only impressive if he took the picture himself, then shared.

And it looks to me to be a Minnesota girl.

What do you all think were the best two games CU played this year in conference and what were the worst (at relatively-full strength)? If you have the ESPN app on xBox you can watch replays of a lot of games. I'm just trying to get a sense of this team, and wanted to watch a good representation of your talent.

They just did blind resume on ESPN and Gaudio took Illinois due to their 3 pt % and the other guy took us because we had a better conf record. It also said our team 3 pt % was 23%. That doesn't seem possible

What do you all think were the best two games CU played this year in conference and what were the worst (at relatively-full strength)? If you have the ESPN app on xBox you can watch replays of a lot of games. I'm just trying to get a sense of this team, and wanted to watch a good representation of your talent.

We played well against Arizona at home and also when we blew out Oregon. In the Oregon game, we were missing Roberson and not at full strength though.

They just did blind resume on ESPN and Gaudio took Illinois due to their 3 pt % and the other guy took us because we had a better conf record. It also said our team 3 pt % was 23%. That doesn't seem possible

Have you seen SKI shoot 3's this year?? he's gotta be at like 7%

As I suspected that was wrong. We're at 34.3% from 3 as a team

Back