What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado vs Michigan 9/17

Ann Arbor is a whore! Go Buffs!

This defense will keep us in the game and the offense will continue to start fast. Looking forward to Saturday!!

Who do we got to cover Butt? I'd say put Chido on him but that might not be the best idea. What I do know is that dude can play. Every time I see Michigan high lights, there he is.

I hope it will be a great atmosphere but I've heard it's not what you would think when there are 115k people in a stadium, you would expect louder. I'm expecting a couple crowd silencing plays from the Buffs early and then our running game keeps 'em quiet. I think the Michigan D has been susceptible to the run so far in their 2 games.

I hope it will be a great atmosphere but I've heard it's not what you would think when there are 115k people in a stadium, you would expect louder. I'm expecting a couple crowd silencing plays from the Buffs early and then our running game keeps 'em quiet. I think the Michigan D has been susceptible to the run so far in their 2 games.
It's a really "flat" bowl so the sound doesn't reverberate.

I'm worried about our punting game and field position. Michigan blocked a couple of punts against UCF and will bring a lot of pressure. More than Kinney has seen so far. If we give them short fields very often, were in trouble.

It's plenty loud -- maybe not as bad as you would think, but still plenty loud. And, I suspect that it is a bit louder since they added the two big structures along the top of both sidelines.

What's more important than how loud it can be, is how incredibly silent and still 106,000 folk can be after getting bitch-slapped. ;)

Miracle at Michigan Ticket 2.jpg

Well I just did a quick perusal of one of Michigan's boards (that's some awesome late 90's message board technology they are leveraging btw) and I kind of hope Michigan's team takes the same attitude towards this game as most of Michigan's fans.

Michigan fans feeling pretty confident, "they only have 2- four star players", "think it will be similar to UCF"..... I can understand no respect based on the last 10 or so years, but... Umm... Surprises are a bitch.

A few moons and stars will have to line up perfectly for the Buffs to win, but it could happen. I think the Achilles Heel for CU will be the lack of a running game against a big time program. But I think we keep it pretty close. You never know.

CUs running game doesn't seem up to the task, especially in short yardage. They've been stuffed on more than one occasion the past two weeks, by pretty awful defenses. Liufau will have to be much sharper. Can't stare down receivers and must hit them in stride to have much of a chance at all. Too many of his throws have forced the receivers to adjust, if not totally stop, their routes.

I think our biggest chance is if we get some turnovers and breaks early and UofM has to play catch up against our defense all game. Could happen.

Our more likely undoing will be on offense. D has really helped our O look better than it was by giving unbelievable field position. UofM secondary is beastly with Jabril Peppers running around. Sefo is going to have much smaller windows and much less time. Many of his throws over the past two weeks are picks against this team.

Just like last year our running game has looked good against poor Dlines. It may be hard for us to get it going against UofM. The hope provided is that UofM LBs are new this year...they over-pursued UCF a few times and got burned.

What I at least hope for is to shock the fan base by threatening through the 4th. I would feel very satisfied with that.

I hope there are a lot of press clippings about how good Michigan is, and how the spread is to small. Make it hard for the coaches to get them up for the game.

I had the thought that Harbaugh might be voting for the Buffs in the polls so that he could point to something and tell his team they aren't playing a cupcake.

And an unexpected turnover or two would obviously really help. There haven't been many Buff games in the last 7-10 years that have potentially been this interesting. This program is turning a corner. Just not sure where we are in the turn. Feels like 1985-7, ish.

Special teams for cu, handle your business.

Don't play scared, it's the most quiet 100k stadium in the country.

Cu must run the football and michigan, for their first two games have not been great at stopping the run.

I don't expect a win, but I also don't expect THIS CU TEAM, to lay down like dogs.

The key to the game is kickoff coverage. Gonzalez isn't going to get touchbacks at near sea level, our kickoff coverage team cannot allow big returns.

Only thing I'm concerned about CU is special teams.
I'm concerned about Michigan making us completely one dimensional on offense. Lindsay has all the heart you could ask for, but that Michigan front 7 is maybe the best we'll see all season. Will Mac and Lindgren stick with the run if we struggle early or will we be chucking all over the place?

Back