What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU at Mile High is now the 2nd game for the Rams

Good or bad for CU that the Rams are playing an opener vs OSU ahead of the RMS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That SB Nation article gave them a 52% chance of winning our game. Anybody buy that they should be favored?
Noticed that as well. Article states their win probability is above 50% in all but 2 games. THAT AIN'T HAPPENIN'.

SBNation credibility officially shot.

Those returning starter/production metrics give CSU the game based almost entirely on Nick Stevens returning as a 2 year starter while we lose our record breaking QB. That's seriously it lol. They don't follow either team all that closely.

Our offense might be better this year but let us not forget our defense completely stifled their O. We won't get nearly as many possessions. We will win but maybe not score 44 which won't be a horrible thing

Our offense might be better this year but let us not forget our defense completely stifled their O. We won't get nearly as many possessions. We will win but maybe not score 44 which won't be a horrible thing

We may not score 44? Have you seen CSU's defense? If we don't score at least 45 we are in deep trouble.

That defense is going to be atrocious

We may not score 44? Have you seen CSU's defense? If we don't score at least 45 we are in deep trouble.

That defense is going to be atrocious

The point isn't our offense vs their defense. It is the opposite actually. CU's defense simply may not be able to get CSU's offense off the field fast enough to give us enough possessions to score that many points.

The point isn't our offense vs their defense. It is the opposite actually. CU's defense simply may not be able to get CSU's offense off the field fast enough to give us enough possessions to score that many points.

Reminder that Idaho scored 61 points on CSU. Yea I'm not buying it, they are going to be starting true freshmen in their secondary. We should score on every possession

You don't subscribe to the coaching bromide that teams make their biggest improvements of the season from game one to game two?
I would worry more about that if they weren't playing Oregon State in their first game.

Normally CSU spends their entire off-season pointing for the Buffs, we are their red letter game. This year they have an opener against a physical P5 team that also happens to be their grand opening for their new stadium.

If they aren't focused on the Beaver's they are likely to get the stuff beat out of them, even if they are focused that could very well happen. By the time we get them they will already be beat up physically and their hopes for a dream season will be over. Even with the turnover from graduation we should be much stronger than they are on the LOS.

Beat them up early and there is no reason we shouldn't win by a wide margin.

First games always bring the unexpected, especially playing an in-state rivalry. I always go into this game not knowing what to expect. I think we can assume the offense will be pretty efficient. CU has a new D-coordinator and we have no idea if he is more in-line with Leavitt or more in-line with Baer.

It shouldn't be close, but we've seen this play out before.

Pretty sure Duff was being sarcastic you idots. It's our first game, don't be surprised if we're not firing on all cylinders and don't win by 5 scores like some are expecting.

I'm with Mtn. If CSU was coming off of their first game against some DII school with an easy win, then I would be more worried. As many have pointed out, CSU will be sky high to take on a "beatable" P5 opponent in their brand new stadium. If they lose (probable), they will be both physically and emotionally drained after such a game and on a short week no less, and having to get back up against a motivated and good Colorado team.

I think they may even be at a slight disadvantage coming into the game against the Buffs as opposed to if they had played CU first.

The Buffs could come out and absolutely dominate CSU physically after another year in the weight room with Wilson. That offensive line had no chance last year against us.

The Buffs could come out and absolutely dominate CSU physically after another year in the weight room with Wilson. That offensive line had no chance last year against us.

Uhhh you do realize we lost our entire starting DL right?

The tought of the meltdown some might have if we "only" win by 10ish points in week one is funny.

I think it is a huge advantage for CSU to have a game before we do. I absolutely think there is typically large improvement from Week 1 to Week 2. I think this advantage alone is going to make this a close game. Add that to the motivation of this being their most important game of the year and the ass whipping they received the year prior and we are looking at anyone's game.

Back