What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU at Mile High is now the 2nd game for the Rams

Good or bad for CU that the Rams are playing an opener vs OSU ahead of the RMS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Looks barely acceptable for a brand-new D1 locker-room. However, I don't know if it stacks up well to the rest of the MWC.

Buffs new locker-room, for comparison

yhzKE5S.jpg

Better photo for comparison sake

DE5MEShUMAAEzBH.jpg

So many of them feel like at worst they finish 10-2 this year...
We went horseback riding in Steamboat Springs last week. About 12 of us standing around waiting for them to determine what horse they are going to put us on and she sees my shirt and says "Hey, CU guy, this one is for you - he's the wildest one we got!" Knowing full well they aren't supplying me with a bucking bronco, I play along. Fast forward to the ride, and I ask if she is a Cowboy or a Ram as it must be one of the two. It took her a second to get the Wyoming reference but then acknowledged she was a Ram going in to her senior year.

Now it gets interesting. I ask if the Rams are going to put up more of a fight this year. "We should!" was the response. I state "Well, we should know a whole lot about how good the Rams will be after that first game against OSU. They aren't going to be an easy out for CSU."

Dead stone cold silence and finally switched topics. Basically, she had no idea the Rams had a game before CU. Typical.

We went horseback riding in Steamboat Springs last week. About 12 of us standing around waiting for them to determine what horse they are going to put us on and she sees my shirt and says "Hey, CU guy, this one is for you - he's the wildest one we got!" Knowing full well they aren't supplying me with a bucking bronco, I play along. Fast forward to the ride, and I ask if she is a Cowboy or a Ram as it must be one of the two. It took her a second to get the Wyoming reference but then acknowledged she was a Ram going in to her senior year.

Now it gets interesting. I ask if the Rams are going to put up more of a fight this year. "We should!" was the response. I state "Well, we should know a whole lot about how good the Rams will be after that first game against OSU. They aren't going to be an easy out for CSU."

Dead stone cold silence and finally switched topics. Basically, she had no idea the Rams had a game before CU. Typical.
I was just in a wedding this weekend with a bunch of my CSU friends and their general opinion is that because they play a P5 opponent, at their brand new stadium, as the first game of the college season, they are the center of the college football world. The other general opinion they have about CU is that we were only good last year because we had a QB who had been starting for so long...

I was just in a wedding this weekend with a bunch of my CSU friends and their general opinion is that because they play a P5 opponent, at their brand new stadium, as the first game of the college season, they are the center of the college football world. The other general opinion they have about CU is that we were only good last year because we had a QB who had been starting for so long...
I'm proud to say I don't really claim any CSU grads as friends. They might drive me insane if I did.

A former co-worker's husband was a CSU alum. We bet last year loser buys the other a beer. I asked twice when we were going to get together mostly because in this case the guy is actually an interesting and successful professional in my field and it would have been good to connect anyway. Total silence.

I mean, having a 4 year starter at QB certainly helped.... but I'm excited to see the offense led by a more athletic and dynamic Montez go up against that defense.

because sefo was the one that only gave up 7pts...

I'm proud to say I don't really claim any CSU grads as friends. They might drive me insane if I did.

A former co-worker's husband was a CSU alum. We bet last year loser buys the other a beer. I asked twice when we were going to get together mostly because in this case the guy is actually an interesting and successful professional in my field and it would have been good to connect anyway. Total silence.
Yeah, I grew up as the minority Buff fan in my group of friends, which I've been lucky enough to maintain the same, good friendships throughout the years. Really good group of guys and I actually spent a decent amount of time up there partying with them throughout college, but they are definitely the typical CSU fan.

I mean, having a 4 year starter at QB certainly helped.... but I'm excited to see the offense led by a more athletic and dynamic Montez go up against that defense.
What S2S said below... The point was that, while Sefo's leadership and experience were a big part of the success in 2016, nobody who has been paying attention to this program the last 4 years would argue that he was the catalyst... Or maybe they would, and in that case, I would fully disagree. Also, I think it shows that they mostly didn't pay attention to CU football past the RMS, otherwise, they would know that we have a pretty good QB starting this year.
because sefo was the one that only gave up 7pts...
+1

Let them talk their ****, who gives a ****? Just show up game day and kick their ass, call it a day.

Agreed. Let them have their day with the locker room & new stadium, too. I'm hoping it will be solid as it would be great to have a fun road game experience an hour away from Boulder.

I'm cutting CSU more slack as I age. As a dad with a couple of kids nearing college age, I would like them to have multiple quality in-state options. We just haven't had that in Colorado like they do in California, the Midwest, East, etc.

Agreed. Let them have their day with the locker room & new stadium, too. I'm hoping it will be solid as it would be great to have a fun road game experience an hour away from Boulder.

I'm cutting CSU more slack as I age. As a dad with a couple of kids nearing college age, I would like them to have multiple quality in-state options. We just haven't had that in Colorado like they do in California, the Midwest, East, etc.
Understandable, I've mellowed with age. Game day though, I'm not very nice lol.

I'd say it's an advantage for CSU except for the fact that it's a short week coming off a physical game. We saw what that did to our Buffs last year with the turnaround from the Utah to the Washington game.
To this point, according to tv scheduling and how we refer to the season, CSU has two games in week one lol.

h/t SDxBuff on the Scout board for finding this gem.

Below is your CSU season outlook from their message board: http://chat.coloradostate.sportswar.com/mid/8973736/board/ramnationathletics/

1 Month Til Destiny

Now that we have just about a month til the season kicks off, lets have, in as much as we can with all idiot cu poseurs--I mean posters on this board, a serious discussion as to the what we can realistically expect for this FB season.

Based on the number of starters we have coming back on both sides of the ball as well as the number of back-ups who contributed significantly, I and by extension, we should expect nothing less than 9 wins. For me, less than that would be an abject failure. We have too many things going for us including experience, talent, the bad taste of underwhelming (truth be told nobody wanted to play in that God-awful bowl game in the 1st place) bowl loss, and, oh by the way the best stadium in the conference opening up.

I'm not one, usually, to call for a coach's head, but if Bobo can't get it done--9+ wins--this season, he needs to be gone. The defense will need to step up this season to be sure, but our offense, regardless if NS or (my choice) CH is at qb should honestly be putting up 42+ ppg. I will be astonished if our running game doesn't average 250 ypg with all the talent we have in the backfield. If we work this right, we could have, 4--count 'em 4--1000 yd rushers! We should run at least 7 teams on the schedule off the field by half-time. Our running game, I believe is going to be that good. I'm looking for the passing game to be just adequate, not flashy, not sexy, but adequate. Take care of the ball, move the sticks, and don't throw int's. We have everything in place to be a legit top 20 team in terms of offensive stats.

Defensively, I'm looking for some slight improvement. Having Deonte back at LB should provide good emotional and well as technically proficient leadership which should lead to improved overall play. We need to get to opposing qb's on every passing play however. We need to fill opposing qb's with dread that somebody will be in his face every time he throws the ball. Our seconday gets torched because we do not put enough consistent pressure on the qb. That needs to end on the first defensive snap against OSU. As a defensive unit, we need to dictate to opposing offenses that they will face unrelenting pressure on every F*&%ing play. Marty English--read this carefully and repeatedly--STOP treating opposing qb's like they are Tom Effing Brady!!! We are facing nobody with legit NFL talent this season and that includes the kid form Alabama. Make them make plays. I am prepared to give up a big play or two in order to make several big plays on the defensive side of the ball. Marty, quit being a pansy and grow some balls and channel your inner Dick Lebeau/Buddy Ryan. It starts with you, Marty! Man-up and get these kids after them! We should play every team like we played SDSU last season on every play. If you cant do that then go back to coaching high school ball. No Excuses!

For the schedule, if we don't go 3-1 in non-conf play, heads need to roll. Only Alabama, and I think we can give them a game, should beat us. The talent gap there is just too wide, but that doesn't mean we just roll over and cash the check. A competitive game in Tuscaloosa on national TV will give us a platform for P5's to look at us as serious, if not obvious, new partners. For the record, as much as l like the Pac-12, I think our best fit is in the Big 10. Our academics and culture are a better fit in that conference, plus playing Nebraska, Iowa, and Wisconsin most years just feels more right than Washington, Oregon, or UCLA. Despite what they say, the Big 12 will implode and the remnants will just be another MWC or AAC. Back to the schedule...I see us potentially yacking two games, BSU (it's a mental thing at this point) and AFA (just because). 9-3 and a much better bowl. It's more than doable, it's a necessity.

Concerning the RMS, I'm sure there will be a lot of smack-talk from the fluffers fans, but make no mistake, we should win this game by 40+. Mike McIntyre is Mike Price with better hair. He will, provided he keeps his job, be able to put together a good team every 4 yrs when his seniors can put it together. Their success last year was A FRAUD! The Pac 12 was down as a conference. Consider that the best team didn't even play for the conf title. Those idiots can say they went to a better bowl, blah blah blah. At least we scored more than 8 points in ours and we could have given a sh*t to be there as well. Indoors against Ok St, I think we put up more of a battle. Oh, and here's some free advice for McIntyre...forget what the athletic dept policy is, ALWAYS CALL THE COPS! I guess it's not ok to smoke anywhere in boulder, but OK to let one of your asst coaches beat up his gf. McIntyre, you are one classy guy. You're a fraud, your team is a fraud, your school is a fraud. WE ARE THE STATE SCHOOL! The days of us playing second fiddle to your incompetent (I'm looking at you Betsy Hoffman), scandal ridden, fraud perpetrating moronic institution are fast coming to an end. When, not if, when we get our P5 invite, whatcha gonna say then? As for the little brother thing, remember Stevie Ray (RIP-a musical genius of the highest order) was always better than Jimmie. No NCAA violations, no scandals, and no coaches who cover up for domestic abusers or hate on "terrible kickers". Keep fiddling while Rome burns. CSU 59 cu 13 (on your way to your usual 3-9 or 4-8 season). FIGHT ON YOU STALWART RAM TEAM, FIGHT! FIGHT!! FIGHT!!!

h/t SDxBuff on the Scout board for finding this gem.

Below is your CSU season outlook from their message board: http://chat.coloradostate.sportswar.com/mid/8973736/board/ramnationathletics/

1 Month Til Destiny

Now that we have just about a month til the season kicks off, lets have, in as much as we can with all idiot cu poseurs--I mean posters on this board, a serious discussion as to the what we can realistically expect for this FB season.

Based on the number of starters we have coming back on both sides of the ball as well as the number of back-ups who contributed significantly, I and by extension, we should expect nothing less than 9 wins. For me, less than that would be an abject failure. We have too many things going for us including experience, talent, the bad taste of underwhelming (truth be told nobody wanted to play in that God-awful bowl game in the 1st place) bowl loss, and, oh by the way the best stadium in the conference opening up.

I'm not one, usually, to call for a coach's head, but if Bobo can't get it done--9+ wins--this season, he needs to be gone. The defense will need to step up this season to be sure, but our offense, regardless if NS or (my choice) CH is at qb should honestly be putting up 42+ ppg. I will be astonished if our running game doesn't average 250 ypg with all the talent we have in the backfield. If we work this right, we could have, 4--count 'em 4--1000 yd rushers! We should run at least 7 teams on the schedule off the field by half-time. Our running game, I believe is going to be that good. I'm looking for the passing game to be just adequate, not flashy, not sexy, but adequate. Take care of the ball, move the sticks, and don't throw int's. We have everything in place to be a legit top 20 team in terms of offensive stats.

Defensively, I'm looking for some slight improvement. Having Deonte back at LB should provide good emotional and well as technically proficient leadership which should lead to improved overall play. We need to get to opposing qb's on every passing play however. We need to fill opposing qb's with dread that somebody will be in his face every time he throws the ball. Our seconday gets torched because we do not put enough consistent pressure on the qb. That needs to end on the first defensive snap against OSU. As a defensive unit, we need to dictate to opposing offenses that they will face unrelenting pressure on every F*&%ing play. Marty English--read this carefully and repeatedly--STOP treating opposing qb's like they are Tom Effing Brady!!! We are facing nobody with legit NFL talent this season and that includes the kid form Alabama. Make them make plays. I am prepared to give up a big play or two in order to make several big plays on the defensive side of the ball. Marty, quit being a pansy and grow some balls and channel your inner Dick Lebeau/Buddy Ryan. It starts with you, Marty! Man-up and get these kids after them! We should play every team like we played SDSU last season on every play. If you cant do that then go back to coaching high school ball. No Excuses!

For the schedule, if we don't go 3-1 in non-conf play, heads need to roll. Only Alabama, and I think we can give them a game, should beat us. The talent gap there is just too wide, but that doesn't mean we just roll over and cash the check. A competitive game in Tuscaloosa on national TV will give us a platform for P5's to look at us as serious, if not obvious, new partners. For the record, as much as l like the Pac-12, I think our best fit is in the Big 10. Our academics and culture are a better fit in that conference, plus playing Nebraska, Iowa, and Wisconsin most years just feels more right than Washington, Oregon, or UCLA. Despite what they say, the Big 12 will implode and the remnants will just be another MWC or AAC. Back to the schedule...I see us potentially yacking two games, BSU (it's a mental thing at this point) and AFA (just because). 9-3 and a much better bowl. It's more than doable, it's a necessity.

Concerning the RMS, I'm sure there will be a lot of smack-talk from the fluffers fans, but make no mistake, we should win this game by 40+. Mike McIntyre is Mike Price with better hair. He will, provided he keeps his job, be able to put together a good team every 4 yrs when his seniors can put it together. Their success last year was A FRAUD! The Pac 12 was down as a conference. Consider that the best team didn't even play for the conf title. Those idiots can say they went to a better bowl, blah blah blah. At least we scored more than 8 points in ours and we could have given a sh*t to be there as well. Indoors against Ok St, I think we put up more of a battle. Oh, and here's some free advice for McIntyre...forget what the athletic dept policy is, ALWAYS CALL THE COPS! I guess it's not ok to smoke anywhere in boulder, but OK to let one of your asst coaches beat up his gf. McIntyre, you are one classy guy. You're a fraud, your team is a fraud, your school is a fraud. WE ARE THE STATE SCHOOL! The days of us playing second fiddle to your incompetent (I'm looking at you Betsy Hoffman), scandal ridden, fraud perpetrating moronic institution are fast coming to an end. When, not if, when we get our P5 invite, whatcha gonna say then? As for the little brother thing, remember Stevie Ray (RIP-a musical genius of the highest order) was always better than Jimmie. No NCAA violations, no scandals, and no coaches who cover up for domestic abusers or hate on "terrible kickers". Keep fiddling while Rome burns. CSU 59 cu 13 (on your way to your usual 3-9 or 4-8 season). FIGHT ON YOU STALWART RAM TEAM, FIGHT! FIGHT!! FIGHT!!!
Wow. . . . Just wow. And when the start 1-3 or 0-4?? Will he jump off a bridge?

I would remind rammy fans to go watch last years game to gauge the "fraud" level of Colorado. That was the most lopsided loss in nearly 50 years. Colorado completely dominated.

I don't even care about his weak RMS **** talking, that did nothing to actually backup his assertion that last year was a fraud for CU. The line that has me most shook is, "For the schedule, if we don't go 3-1 in non-conf play, heads need to roll. Only Alabama, and I think we can give them a game, should beat us."

Like how does CSU fan even talk themselves into being remotely competitive against the best team in the country?

Back