What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU at Mile High is now the 2nd game for the Rams

Good or bad for CU that the Rams are playing an opener vs OSU ahead of the RMS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know I am a little late in the game, but looks like some buddies and I are going to attempt to get a parking pass to one of the lots. Does anyone know which lots are CU's? It would suck to get a lot in CSU territory. I tried to research it and struggled to find a map, or even where to buy them (if there's still some available).

CU just needs to have themselves ready to play. Don't watch the film, study it, you'll play faster that way. Just go out and execute come game day.

2-3 years off with a home-home is ok with me. I think people are going to have to get used to this game being on the schedule ever so often.

Yep. I hope the game never completely disappears. It is a rivalry, and spanking CSU's ass while reminding them who Daddy is, is always fun.

The downside - which I agree with everyone on - is the lose-lose scenario of it. In a perfect world, they'll use their new stadium and increased financial backing to the program to become the next G5 Boise St, perennially good at that level and frequently making stops in the rankings, such that we get more credit for beating them.

Random question after watching Andersen trot his kicker out for a long FG, which was missed and gave CSU good field position... what do we think is a reasonable range for our kickers?

Random question after watching Andersen trot his kicker out for a long FG, which was missed and gave CSU good field position... what do we think is a reasonable range for our kickers?
I think anything over 40 is silly in college tbh. I mean, if your kicker can hit it, great I guess.

But a 3rd and 4 that turns into a 4th and 4 and a 52 yard FG? WTF. Only thing worse would be punting but even then at least you likely kick it into the endzone and move them 10 yards back? Lol.

If you're looking at a 4th and long, fine. I get that being a tough decision. But having two downs to get 4 yards well in your opponent's territory should be pretty simple.

Graham, 45.
Stefanou, no idea

So, anyone want to change their opinion as to who csu playing a week ahead benefits? I think csu will have a ton of confidence now and will be pretty relaxed.

I think they can play it pretty straight with Stefanou. He's got a big leg and gets the ball up in a hurry. I'm worried about accuracy, not distance. If the accuracy is a rollercoaster ride, then I think the move is to go for it when it's under 10 yards to go on 4th down in most cases.

I think to start the season, you give them the opportunity from 45 or less. That means the ball is spotted on the 28 yard line at the furthest out so you can't punt. If it's 4th and short, I wouldn't mind going for it either.

The opponent is also a consideration in that equation. Against CSU, I'd feel comfortable with going for it anywhere on their side of the 50.

The opponent is also a consideration in that equation. Against CSU, I'd feel comfortable with going for it anywhere on their side of the 50.

Why put the defense in bad spots? Being reckless with field position does not help a defense trying to find its footing, both players and coaches.

Why put the defense in bad spots? Being reckless with field position does not help a defense trying to find its footing, both players and coaches.
You have to figure your chances of converting against CSU are better than they'd be against Southern cal, for instance. Lots of things factor into the decision to go for it on 4th down. Distance, your confidence in your kicker, your confidence in your punter, your confidence in your offense, confidence in defense, game clock...

Back