What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Sure, Colin. The Big Ten doesn't even have a commissioner at the moment.
Kevin Warren is actually still on the job and doesn’t start with the Bears until May, with the expectation that he can fill in his successor on everything before leaving.

Where does a school like Stanford end up? Its amazing how much things have changed. Maybe they just shrug and stop having formalized athletics.

Where does a school like Stanford end up? Its amazing how much things have changed. Maybe they just shrug and stop having formalized athletics.
Yeah, Stanford and Cal seem to be in really difficult situations right now.

Difficult only because their academic administration can't fathom their football program playing Oklahoma State, Kansas, Texas Tech, TCU, etc
On Gilligan's Island, Thurston Howell and his wife had a disdain for Gilligan and the Captain. But there they were, all on the island together. I'm outing myself as being old, I know.....

Last edited:
stanford fields more sports than most schools. they have the very finest of dedicated facilities for pretty much all of them. their endowment and support for sports is huge. they are likely not getting left out and if they do, they will go independent and still schedule well.

Gilligan's Island is moving to the 7.30 Wednesday night slot.
Honey Bees Vintage GIF

stanford fields more sports than most schools. they have the very finest of dedicated facilities for pretty much all of them. their endowment and support for sports is huge. they are likely not getting left out and if they do, they will go independent and still schedule well.
Their support for sports is definitely not huge. They have a lot of money, but their football stadium looks like a Dorrell era spring game most weeks.

Their support for sports is definitely not huge. They have a lot of money, but their football stadium looks like a Dorrell era spring game most weeks.
they have literally everything money can buy in terms of support. shaw was one of the highest paid coaches in the country. they are held back by their admissions standards more than anything else. if by support you mean "butts in seats when they are losing" then you would be correct.

they have literally everything money can buy in terms of support. shaw was one of the highest paid coaches in the country. they are held back by their admissions standards more than anything else. if by support you mean "butts in seats when they are losing" then you would be correct.
They have some very wealthy boosters and alums but on the whole, the student body and alums don’t really give a s**t about Stanford football and football is driving all of this.

Maybe a better way to look at it is if they have all the money they need today and they still can’t get anyone to care about Stanford football then what do they really gain by moving to the BIG? It would be a UCLA situation but worse - the dozens of non-football programs they field would get way more expensive to operate and still no one is going to care about football. It would be just about getting out of a dying conference I suspect rather than actually wanting to be in the BIG.

Fan support for Stanford athletics has always been pathetic, regardless of whether they’re winning or not. I’ll never forget going out there in 2011 to see Andrew Luck absolutely eviscerate us. CU probably had 5,000 fans in attendance and made it seem like a neutral site game. Of course, we didn’t have much to cheer for after about ten minutes of game time. Their tailgating scene is top notch. Too bad it’s lost on the wine sipping crowd.

And yeah, in terms of financial support, Stanford is fine. If they get left behind, they’ll cobble together a conference with them, Cal, OSU and WSU and then add in a few others and will be very happy.

We went to see them when CU played there and Christian McCaffery was a senior I think. CU won in a pretty pathetic game but more importantly I don’t think it was even half full. It is unfortunate because the weather is generally perfect and tailgating around the redwoods was a pretty unique experience
That was the game Lindsay absolutely stoned Solomon Thomas, future NFL dlineman, who came free up the middle on a pass play.

It was beautiful.

I've posted this data before in this thread, but over the past few seasons, Oregon has been the ratings juggernaut of the conference (even over USC):

Washington does well, but not as well as Oregon. Those numbers aren't verified by "SicEmGoBearsCoverUpThemRapesAndMurders365.com", so take it with a grain of salt.

In looking for my post containing that information, I stumbled upon that "Fanbase Size Estimate" that the media consultant put together, and it's clear why the B12 would love to get their hands on the Four Corner schools:

View attachment 59384

if that data is to be believed, ASU has a bigger fanbase than any B12 school, and all 4 schools would rank in the top half of a new "Big16"
Hmm, didn't realize they showed CFB games at strip bars.

I doubt Nebraska would walk away from the big 10 money but they’re not really competitive in the big 10. And they might find the big 12 and easier conference for them to compete in. Would be crazy to walk away from the money but maybe they’d go to the big 12?

Or….. as bad it would be, does it make sense to bring CSU along so we have a travel partner? I cringe at the idea of making them relevant at all but we need a rival!!!
they sort of have a rival in Iowa. Theyll not leave the B1G bc money. But like USC and UCLA will learn that 10 years on from now in a big conference its hard to stand out. Call me crazy but over the last decade its still about Michigan and Ohio State. Bigger numbers might make easier for them.

I love the hate for CSU. Its clear they need to make the P12 bc that gives us a rival 😂

If we went back to the Big 12, we're likely paired with Oklahoma State as a rival. We've got a hell of a lot more history with them than we did with Utah when we joined the Pac 12, and Mike Gundy's a douche.
ISU KU KSU. How hard is it for you to understand?

Back