What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU MBB Rankings/NET/KenPom/Bracketology Catch-All

That'd make us 21-10.

We really should win at least one of the UCLA/USC road games as well (which would leave us top 4 easy), and then make the semi's of our tourney and we're in at 23-10. I can live with that. So no biggie, just got to go 8-3 from here on.
This feeling that we drop both games in LA won’t go away. Trap.

This feeling that we drop both games in LA won’t go away. Trap.
Yeah, we've blown our margin for error by dropping some winnable road games (ASU, Cal, WSU, Utah, CSU) we were close in all of them until the end. Just one of those would have been nice. My confidence level that (a) we don't blow anymore games where we are favored, (b) beat Arizona at home, (c) pick up a game in LA is low.

This is still a really fun team but it would be a bummer to miss the tournament given the talent level and expectations.

Yeah, we've blown our margin for error by dropping some winnable road games (ASU, Cal, WSU, Utah, CSU) we were close in all of them until the end. Just one of those would have been nice. My confidence level that (a) we don't blow anymore games where we are favored, (b) beat Arizona at home, (c) pick up a game in LA is low.

This is still a really fun team but it would be a bummer to miss the tournament given the talent level and expectations.
Mostly agree, although CSU and Utah losses were more frenetic comeback attempts that made the final score closer than game really was.

#31 NET
#27 KenPom

Q1: 1-4
Q2: 5-2
Q3: 3-1
Q4: 7-0

H: 13-0
N: 2-1
R: 1-6

The only thing that is questionable for a Dance ticket is that our Buffs don't have a good record away from home or against teams that will be in the top 3/4 of seeds. That needs to be answered in this final month.

For the doomers, I suggest you go look at the current net ratings and see all the rest of the bubble teams and their quad 1 records. The entire bubble with one or two exceptions (Seton Hall has 4) has a dearth of quad 1 wins. Beating Arizona tomorrow with all the rest of the metrics, along with injury considerations we should have from the committee for some of our very bad this year, puts us in a very strong position.

For the doomers, I suggest you go look at the current net ratings and see all the rest of the bubble teams and their quad 1 records. The entire bubble with one or two exceptions (Seton Hall has 4) has a dearth of quad 1 wins. Beating Arizona tomorrow with all the rest of the metrics, along with injury considerations we should have from the committee for some of our very bad this year, puts us in a very strong position.
Bro. We aren't beating zona with this soft team. They beat us by 50

Bro. We aren't beating zona with this soft team. They beat us by 50
We Are Doomed Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Hadley is maybe our second most important player behind KJ? IMO he is a very tough matchup for opponents, especially since they need to put their better defenders on Cody or TDS. Love that he's shooting 45% from 3 and really picking his spots.

Not necessarily holding my breath but would love for TDS to have a big game tomorrow.

Last random thought, I agree that Tad should give Diop and Dak more leeway and room to make mistakes. I don't want any bad habits to develop now and stunt their growth.

Hadley is maybe our second most important player behind KJ? IMO he is a very tough matchup for opponents, especially since they need to put their better defenders on Cody or TDS. Love that he's shooting 45% from 3 and really picking his spots.

Not necessarily holding my breath but would love for TDS to have a big game tomorrow.

Last random thought, I agree that Tad should give Diop and Dak more leeway and room to make mistakes. I don't want any bad habits to develop now and stunt their growth.
Hadley is a matchup nightmare for most teams. Opponents with a ton of height like Zona & Utah are hard for him. But, damn, when the other team tries to match him with a wing type player he bullies the hell out of them.

A couple of those bubble teams working on adding quad 1 wins. Florida is laying the beat down on Auburn, Gonzaga up 10 at Kentucky at the half. Michigan State beat Illinois.

Miami in a dog fight with North Carolina, that would be a good one for our resume.

Richmond is in first place in the A-10.

A couple of those bubble teams working on adding quad 1 wins. Florida is laying the beat down on Auburn, Gonzaga up 10 at Kentucky at the half. Michigan State beat Illinois.

Miami in a dog fight with North Carolina, that would be a good one for our resume.

Richmond is in first place in the A-10.

Wake, who is a right there with us in the bubble range barely avoided a quad 3 loss at home, beating NC State. Miami had a bad 2nd half and ended up losing. FSU also has a chance at a big win tonight against UVA although that currently wouldn't be a quad 1 win.

Gonzaga-UK going down to the wire

Wake, who is a right there with us in the bubble range barely avoided a quad 3 loss at home, beating NC State. Miami had a bad 2nd half and ended up losing. FSU also has a chance at a big win tonight against UVA although that currently wouldn't be a quad 1 win.

Gonzaga-UK going down to the wire
We’d beat UK at a neutral site. They’re schizophrenic and poorly coached, but what else is new? That program should be top 5 every year with the support they get.

If tonight isn't a must win for us, it's awfully close. We really need a win like this.

The stakes just went up with bubble teams Florida and Gonzaga getting big wins today, Nevada witih a quad 1 win last night, and Wake at the very least didn't hurt themselves by winning a game at home that they should have won.

We’d beat UK at a neutral site. They’re schizophrenic and poorly coached, but what else is new? That program should be top 5 every year with the support they get.

They have consistenly underachieved under Cal and I'll be surprised if he's still their coach next year. I just read that they have now lost 3 straight at Rupp for the first time ever.

They have consistenly underachieved under Cal and I'll be surprised if he's still their coach next year. I just read that they have now lost 3 straight at Rupp for the first time ever.
If that happens and Tad retires, I know who's at the top of my board.

I still genuinely don't see the committee leaving out a CU team in the top 30 in NET and KenPom, with the potential first overall pick on their roster. 🤷

I still genuinely don't see the committee leaving out a CU team in the top 30 in NET and KenPom, with the potential first overall pick on their roster. 🤷
If they lose all their remaining road games and lose the first round game of the Pac12 tourney, I could see this team with a mid to low 30s NET ranking being left out.

Dropped from #31 to #39 NET with the loss.

7 games + conference tourney left. Need to go on a run.

Didn't think we'd drop that much losing to such a highly ranked team but I guess the fact that it was at home plus the margin of defeat. NET rankings can be weird though, I was just glancing at a few teams and some movement makes sense while others do not:

Texas A&M - climbed 9 spots after an impressive home win over Tennessee
Wake - Dropped 3 spots after a narrow home win over a mediocre NC State team
South Carolina - Dropped 2 spots after a home win over a bad Vandy team
Miss St - Climbed 9 spots after a road win over a bad Missouri team

Back