What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU MBB Rankings/NET/KenPom/Bracketology Catch-All

I don't blame a lot of what has transpired on injuries, but they sure as heck were that bad
We had everyone for the losses at CSU, FSU, Washington State, home against Arizona. Only out Hammond for away Cal, Cody and LOB for away Utah, and out Cody and Hammond for away ASU. That's not that bad, we were never going to win the away Arizona game anyway.

Last edited:
I'm trying to figure out why this team hasn't performed the way I expected them to. Both K.J. and Hadley are playing better than they did last year. Unfortunately Tristan is about the same, even though I thought he actually played well in the Arizona game. Lampkin is better and more versatile on offense than Lovering but not quite as good on defense. LOB and Hammond are maybe slightly better?

Maybe it comes down to unrealistic expectations around Cody Williams? He's made incredible plays that make you understand why he is a lottery pick. But he doesn't force things, which is usually good but can turn into a negative when we need someone to make a play.

In the games we've lost the team just lacked the ability to take over the game. Maybe it's the lack of a defensive identity, whatever that means?

I'm trying to figure out why this team hasn't performed the way I expected them to. Both K.J. and Hadley are playing better than they did last year. Unfortunately Tristan is about the same, even though I thought he actually played well in the Arizona game. Lampkin is better and more versatile on offense than Lovering but not quite as good on defense. LOB and Hammond are maybe slightly better?

Maybe it comes down to unrealistic expectations around Cody Williams? He's made incredible plays that make you understand why he is a lottery pick. But he doesn't force things, which is usually good but can turn into a negative when we need someone to make a play.

In the games we've lost the team just lacked the ability to take over the game. Maybe it's the lack of a defensive identity, whatever that means?
I would love to see the Cody that took over in second half of the CSU game.

Eddie is a lot more skilled offensively than Lovering, but he also has a crazy high amount of live ball turnovers, and I think the gap between Lambkin and Lovering on defense is wider than the offensive gap. TDS has never been a defensive stalwart. That's a lousy front court defensively, and there also isn't a guy who I'd point to on the perimeter as a stopper. I don't think any of KJ, J'Vonne or Cody are negative defenders, but none are a stopper. Hammond is a slightly negative defender. I think LOB has not been very good defensively this year, especially relative to his previous years, I don't really have an explanation for it.

All in all, this is a pretty lousy defensive team, and although there is more offensive talent, and you can see that in the offensive efficiency numbers, we've gotten away from the Tadball winning formula of defense and rebounding. It's majorly dissapointing, because there really is a lot of offensive talent on this team.

Last in via Jerry Palm & CBS

He pretty much says need to win 6 of the last 7 to be still in the conversation

In what ****ing world are Nebraska and Northwestern in the tournament and we aren't???

Both share similar records and are well below us in NET.

Also, why do people bring up "resume"....The NET is literally the summation of your entire season and constitutes your "resume"

In what ****ing world are Nebraska and Northwestern in the tournament and we aren't???

Also, why do people bring up "resume"....The NET is literally the summation of your entire season and constitutes your "resume"
Just another year where the Big 10 will get in 2/3 of the conference and everyone will lose in the first round whilce the Pac will get in 3 teams with 2 of them getting to the sweet 16. The bias is unbelievable.

Fuskers with a whopping zero road wins. Makes our 2 look amazing.

Edit: I was mistaken. They have zero conference road wins. They did win at Kansas State.

Just another year where the Big 10 will get in 2/3 of the conference and everyone will lose in the first round whilce the Pac will get in 3 teams with 2 of them getting to the sweet 16. The bias is unbelievable.
The B1G has mastered the art of scheduling. ****ing Wisconsin, with the same record as CU, losers of five of their last six, coming off a loss to Iowa, moved UP two spots in the NET and sit at 20!

Our best chance is the tournament committee wanting the future #1 overall pick playing in the first 4 round.

Ratings > everything

Still hanging on in the latest CBS update. Last in as #11 seed for a First Four game

"Next Four" after "First Four" Out via ESPN

Halftime of Duke game they had a graphic showing Colorado as “Last Four Out.” 😔

Halftime of Duke game they had a graphic showing Colorado as “Last Four Out.” 😔
Graphic changes daily and isn't meaningful. How accurate do you think bracket predictions done in late February have been in past years? Probably about as reliable as NFL draft mocks done before the Combine.

Graphic changes daily and isn't meaningful. How accurate do you think bracket predictions done in late February have been in past years? Probably about as reliable as NFL draft mocks done before the Combine.
The only thing I worry is they are trying to build the narrative that Colorado should be out. That way they can let a couple of BIG 10 teams with lower NET in and it won't be a "surprise".

The only thing I worry is they are trying to build the narrative that Colorado should be out. That way they can let a couple of BIG 10 teams with lower NET in and it won't be a "surprise".
ESPN much more likely to push SEC, ACC and to a lesser extent the Big 12. So, yeah, I do worry about seeing a Miss State getting talked about as solidly in with a 10-seed while having the same NET and an equivalent resume as CU.

P.S. After posting this, I checked NET against ESPN bracketology again.

CU: 42 NET / Last 4 Out (4th)
MSU: 41 NET / 10 Seed
Ole Miss: 67 NET / Last Team In

Now I've changed my mind about wanting Ole Miss to pull the upset at MSU tonight. That just means they're both in because MSU would have to fall apart the rest of the year to be out... since apparently CU has to be rated more that 25 spots higher than an SEC team to be selected over it.

Last edited:
It's funny you mention that. The latest ESPN bracketology has Texas A&M 15-11 50 NET as last 4 bye and Ole Miss as last 4 in and CU as next 4 out.

It's the one hope CU has moving to the BIG 12. Our record will be worse. But we will stack up so many quality losses it will make for a great resume.

It's funny you mention that. The latest ESPN bracketology has Texas A&M 15-11 50 NET as last 4 bye and Ole Miss as last 4 in and CU as next 4 out.

It's the one hope CU has moving to the BIG 12. Our record will be worse. But we will stack up so many quality losses it will make for a great resume.
I don’t think lunardi has as much pull as you guys think

Back