What's new

CU officially hires Mel Tucker as new Head Football Coach

hokiehead

Gobbler on the Mountain!
Club Member
Excellent. Just to be sure I looked that up, and guess what the first result was? (Only result).
Awesome.

When i was a CS student, there were nerds who played a game where the chilallenge was to find the shortest phrase that returned exactly one result in a google search. This would've won a few sessions.

Last edited:

Buffsrock85

****y Mantrum Expert
This is like waiting for the present as a kid where you already know what it is, but your parents think they’re sneaky because they pull it out at midnight and pretend it’s from Santa.

Last edited:

DBT

Club Member
Club Member
Good read: https://theshadowleague.com/mel-tucker-is-a-steal-for-colorado-university-football/

Mel Tucker Is A Steal For The University Of Colorado

Colorado just made the steal of the college football season by hiring Georgia DC Mel Tucker.
The only thing I didn’t like, a small thing, was “he temporarily gave up his NFL dream.” On the one hand, if its still a dream, then transform CU into a powerhouse and get an NFL gig. On the other, I don’t really want to be a stop over resume opportunity. I hope he comes here, builds a winning program and falls head over heels in love with Boulder and Colorado.

TSchekler

Club Member
Club Member
The only thing I didn’t like, a small thing, was “he temporarily gave up his NFL dream.” On the one hand, if its still a dream, then transform CU into a powerhouse and get an NFL gig. On the other, I don’t really want to be a stop over resume opportunity. I hope he comes here, builds a winning program and falls head over heels in love with Boulder and Colorado.
That would be ideal, but unlikely. As Duff has said many times, most jobs are stepping stone jobs.

Bliff Cranch

Should be in the Fall of Hame
Club Member
I don’t know who it is at CU but they’ve been there a long time and institutionalized this bizarre operating model. They make it very very hard to care about the place at times, and that’s the damn truth.

Ralfie

Just wish the writer hadn't hit the race issue so hard - I like sports because it lets me forget people who obsess over arbitrary categories. Good coach is a good coach, end of story. Numbers and conduct speak for themselves. That's all I'll say, let's get back to talking about football.

DBT

Club Member
Club Member
Just wish the writer hadn't hit the race issue so hard - I like sports because it lets me forget people who obsess over arbitrary categories. Good coach is a good coach, end of story. Numbers and conduct speak for themselves. That's all I'll say, let's get back to talking about football.
Well, my impression is that The Shadow League’s mission is to promote blacks in athletics. So their position makes sense and they make a lot of valid points.