What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Video - 2016 Web/TV Series "The Rise"

I didn't think CU Video could do things any better. But when the team looks like it is legitimately better, it is quite powerful. Once this team takes it to the next level, CU Video will too. Can't wait.

Ready to roast some duck tomorrow.

is The Rise only playing on Pac12 Mountain or is it on the main channel as well? I've been recording it on Mountain and watching CU Video product in less than HD feels blasphemous.

if those are the options then you're totally right. youtube on my 4k tv

...and television networks go down yet another notch on the "**** we need anymore" index.

I wish they would post the 4k version up on the Vimeo page, but I will settle for the 1080p on Youtube.

Obviously the footage is amazing, but the fact that they were able to come up with this edit of it just a few days after the Michigan game is super impressive to me as an editor. A few things they might have tweaked here or there, but when you consider how little time they had to refine things it's amazing how close it is to some of the stuff like "Forever" or "Seasons" that they worked on for months.

You could definitely see that it became slightly rushed to hit the deadline towards the end...but it's still amazing work. The shots and everything are great, really enjoy them, but to me what makes this series so good is the inclusiveness you get with it. This series is putting us there. We're part of the team.
Unfortunately I live 650 miles from paradise, so these videos and this series is really important to me staying in touch with the team. To watch this team develop over the last couple years into what we see today...well, it's just allsome.
HCMM has built something here. His passion is more than apparent. This team, well this team believes in that man. I believe in this team. We're coming back...and we're coming back strong. We have paid dearly as fans, alumni, current students...this year, it's all coming back. The rise is real gentlemen. And I couldn't be more proud to be a buff.

Get myself in trouble here - but I find that the 3 week break was a problem. We got almost nothing in between the games, and even the games themselves were highly abbreviated. I also appreciate the promotional aspect of all this. I love that in fact, but I was also hoping to get a little more insight into challenges the team faced. The injuries at UM were particularly absent, other then clips in the montage.

Get myself in trouble here - but I find that the 3 week break was a problem. We got almost nothing in between the games, and even the games themselves were highly abbreviated. I also appreciate the promotional aspect of all this. I love that in fact, but I was also hoping to get a little more insight into challenges the team faced. The injuries at UM were particularly absent, other then clips in the montage.

Think the biggest issue was the team didn't really face any adversity what so ever until the Michigan game and by the time they all got home and got the footage uploaded they had 3 days to edit it all together.

I agree I would have liked to have seen more post Michigan. I am hoping that when we beat the ducks we get an episode sooner.

I agree. I think they need to spend more time on the daily, off the field stuff and less on in-game highlights. Show some clips of practice, post-practice coaching talk, coaches meeting room stuff, etc.

Remembering the loss of Diego and McCartney for the season and Sefo getting hurt also kind of killed my boner while watching. A full strength squad heading into conference play would make me feel much better about things.

Not enough Julmisse

giphy.gif

**** yeah.

CU Video does a great job.

I've never really even thought of it before I watched this today, but is carrying the US flag and CO flag a reward for hard work, etc? I noticed that the guys were holding them in the locker room, which made me think maybe there are set criteria for who gets to do it each week. Or am I overthinking this?

/Listens to Chev

"**** YEAH!!!!"

/Runs through wall

/Listens to HCMM

/Respectfully reassembles wall

I think Chev and MM compliment each other well, and it's obvious that MM commands the room when he speaks to them.

And, considering the starts we've had thus far this season, I don't think that the team tunes out during or turns off after MM speaks.

BTW - "I'm not calling the dogs off!" at halftime of the CSU game. Loved it.

These videos are Allsome. They get me fired up and excited can only imagine what it does for our boys.
I am really diggn HCMM..I am so wanting it to work for him here. Not much coach Leavitt on the video?
Let's just say, Leavitt is not a huge fan of the cameras.

Think the biggest issue was the team didn't really face any adversity what so ever until the Michigan game and by the time they all got home and got the footage uploaded they had 3 days to edit it all together.

I agree I would have liked to have seen more post Michigan. I am hoping that when we beat the ducks we get an episode sooner.

My assumption was that they were going to address the second half and dealing with adversity in the next episode. If they ended on the loss it would have been a downer of an episode because there wasn't time to really show how they dealt with it in its entirety. This way they have a whole episode to show the second half, the team dealing with it and (fingers crossed) the follow up win (O or OS game) to end the next episode on a high note too

My assumption was that they were going to address the second half and dealing with adversity in the next episode. If they ended on the loss it would have been a downer of an episode because there wasn't time to really show how they dealt with it in its entirety. This way they have a whole episode to show the second half, the team dealing with it and (fingers crossed) the follow up win (O or OS game) to end the next episode on a high note too

They definitely ended the episode with the loss, they showed the post game in the locker room. My guess is they will address how the team responded in practice this week in the next episode (assuming they do respond this week)

The next episode narrative they are hoping for (expecting, probably) that the adversity in the 2nd half is answered by win at Oregon and vs Oregon State to put the Buffs at 4-1 (2-0) heading into USC.

They definitely ended the episode with the loss, they showed the post game in the locker room. My guess is they will address how the team responded in practice this week in the next episode (assuming they do respond this week)
I could be wrong but I don't think that's accurate. We saw HCMM talking to the team in the meeting room back at CU. They skipped the majority of the second half. They skipped any post game. They skipped the trip home. THey just jumped from Sefo limping to a speech back home some days later. That's part of what made me think they would address it more in depth later.

Lots of assumptions in that though and I'm clearly not a movie director.

I could be wrong but I don't think that's accurate. We saw HCMM talking to the team in the meeting room back at CU. They skipped the majority of the second half. They skipped any post game. They skipped the trip home. THey just jumped from Sefo limping to a speech back home some days later. That's part of what made me think they would address it more in depth later.

Lots of assumptions in that though and I'm clearly not a movie director.

at 18:09 HCMM and Harbaugh are walking off the field at the end of the game.
at 18:13 is the postgame talk in the locker room at the big house
at 19:45 HCMM addresses that this game doesn't change their goal of being Pac-12 Champs
at 20:00 HCMM talks about conflict (assuming he is discussing the UM game)

Not a whole lot of info obviously but they did address the end of that game.

Back