What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU vs CSU.....never too early

Good analysis but they definitely should not have beat Boise state.
You are correct. Should have said "almost came back vs Boise St.". I think that's when they turned the corner, as they were down 28-3 on the road (I tuned in to cheer on a blow out). They came back and had a chance until the very end, losing by 6. Boise State was glad the game was over.

You are correct. Should have said "almost came back vs Boise St.". I think that's when they turned the corner, as they were down 28-3 on the road (I tuned in to cheer on a blow out). They came back and had a chance until the very end, losing by 6. Boise State was glad the game was over.
Yeah they recovered 3 inside kicks in a row lol that was some of the luckiest **** I have seen in a football game in a long time.

I'm with Duff here.

CSU improved greatly throughout the season. 2016 in review (I watched every game):
After being completely embarrassed by us, they were able to turn it around.
They lost a game they should have won AT Minnesota. Minnesota was a good team.
They were caught off guard by a very good Wyoming team the next week.
They should have beaten Boise State.
They lost a nail biter at Air Force.
Nobody beat them like we did.
Their offense was humming by mid-season.

They will play Oregon State tough at home in the opener. Game could go either way. I am picking CSU.
They will not be "beat up and worn out" after one game against anyone. They will be fresh and pumped for their Super Bowl.

Their HC is a very good Offensive Coach.
Their DC is solid and has been for a long time.
Our D staff is going to be working thru some kinks.

A lot will be known early in this game. If Montez is composed, I think we score a lot of points. If he gets rattled early, which is easy to do, and throws some mistakes, or we have early turnovers, it could be a dog fight. I expect every phase to count, especially Special Teams.

The beat some good teams and played good teams tough in close losses. Except Colorado.
Colorado embarrassed them. They will have extra motivation. Will we?

Those expecting another dominating victory will almost certainly be disappointed.

So let's omit the fact that they gave up 61 points to Idaho too? That game was 41-7 in the third quarter. Come on man, this is a 7-6 MWC team. They simply don't have the personnel on defense to keep up with us.

Yeah CSU's season ended with a bigger thud than CU's season. 61 points to a team that will be FCS next year.

I'm just not buying it about csu, they should be better but I have no idea what the score will be. I also have multiple ram friends but not one of them is picking them to win. You can tell they are hoping but they are expecting a 1-3 start maybe 2-2. I break it down this way, tell me 1 position group where csu is better than cu, kicker? I'm not a Stevens fan I think Montez is better but QB could be a wash at best. Otherwise they just don't stack up

So let's omit the fact that they gave up 61 points to Idaho too? That game was 41-7 in the third quarter. Come on man, this is a 7-6 MWC team. They simply don't have the personnel on defense to keep up with us.

NEVER take anything from meaningless bowl games that match up teams with very different motivations. That was Idaho's superbowl (like CU is to CSU), their opportunity to prove they were G5.

CSU went there to drink beer.

That results in oddball results ALL THE TIME. Pay attention!

CSU doesn't lose to Idaho in the regular season.

I'm with Duff here.

CSU improved greatly throughout the season. 2016 in review (I watched every game):
After being completely embarrassed by us, they were able to turn it around.
They lost a game they should have won AT Minnesota. Minnesota was a good team.
They were caught off guard by a very good Wyoming team the next week.
They should have beaten Boise State.
They lost a nail biter at Air Force.
Nobody beat them like we did.
Their offense was humming by mid-season.

They will play Oregon State tough at home in the opener. Game could go either way. I am picking CSU.
They will not be "beat up and worn out" after one game against anyone. They will be fresh and pumped for their Super Bowl.

Their HC is a very good Offensive Coach.
Their DC is solid and has been for a long time.
Our D staff is going to be working thru some kinks.

A lot will be known early in this game. If Montez is composed, I think we score a lot of points. If he gets rattled early, which is easy to do, and throws some mistakes, or we have early turnovers, it could be a dog fight. I expect every phase to count, especially Special Teams.

The beat some good teams and played good teams tough in close losses. Except Colorado.
Colorado embarrassed them. They will have extra motivation. Will we?

Those expecting another dominating victory will almost certainly be disappointed.

The OSU game will take a physical toll on CSU. The beavers play some serious smash mouth football and Ryan Nall is the real deal. Combine the physicality of the opponent with the fact CSU will be on a short week of rest, the may not be as ready to play CU as they think they will be.

The OSU game will take a physical toll on CSU. The beavers play some serious smash mouth football and Ryan Nall is the real deal. Combine the physicality of the opponent with the fact CSU will be on a short week of rest, the may not be as ready to play CU as they think they will be.
OSU's offense is going to be different and interesting this year. They brought in an OC who does Air Raid/ Run-N-Shoot and the new QB came from that kind of system at JUCO. I can't imagine that Anderson would move away from Nall toting the rock, so I'm expecting a hybrid between the Air Raid passing concepts and power running. I'm eager to see it in a few weeks.

OSU's offense is going to be different and interesting this year. They brought in an OC who does Air Raid/ Run-N-Shoot and the new QB came from that kind of system at JUCO. I can't imagine that Anderson would move away from Nall toting the rock, so I'm expecting a hybrid between the Air Raid passing concepts and power running. I'm eager to see it in a few weeks.

Sounds a lot like our offense, but with a big bruiser at tailback.

CSU has little idea what CU's offense will look like. I think they will be susceptible to QB runs, plays that will look entirely different than what CU ran last season. They will probably also not be ready for the 2 back set with Bisharat and Lindsay, especially if Bisharat shows he can pass protect. CSU isn't going to be able to game plan for CU for the next month like they usually do. OSU will ram it down their throat if they do.

Sure, CU could lose, weird **** happens in college football, especially in a team's first game. I'm still expecting a win.

I predict CSU will be 1-3 after the first 4 and we'll handle them comfortably. CSU will still get into a bowl game and will have a descent shot at winning the MW. The MW is a long way from any P5 conference, however.

I predict CSU will be 1-3 after the first 4 and we'll handle them comfortably. CSU will still get into a bowl game and will have a descent shot at winning the MW. The MW is a long way from any P5 conference, however.

At 1-3 goat fans are going to be in full on meltdown.

Now I'm excited to see it too!

At 1-3 goat fans are going to simply disappear like they usually do after losing to CU and facing another year that they can't pretend to be big time.

fify

They always start each season with a bunch of optimism and big talk about how they are going to beat the Buffs and be invited to join the B12 (or more laughable the B1G.) As soon as the scoreboard takes away that optimism they fade into the background for another year.

They could do very well in the MWC this year. They have a veteran team and the league is down. It won't matter though because outside of their core of dedicated fans nobody will be paying attention.

Because of the new stadium they might have 25k there instead of <20k but most of their "fans" will be long gone to other things.

Oregon State transfer beats out two incumbents for starting quarterback position
From CBS Sports … Darell Garretson and Marcus McMaryion each saw significant time under center for Oregon State last season, but the newcomer beat both of them out after just a week of fall camp.
Jake Luton, a junior college transfer from Ventura Community College and former signal-caller for Idaho, earned the starting nod from Beavers coach Gary Andersen, according to Angie Machado of 247Sports.
“Jake will start,” Andersen said. “Jake will be the No. 1 quarterback. The other two guys will continue to battle and fight.”
Luton, a 6-foot-7, 234-pounder with a big arm who can run when needed, redshirted at Idaho in 2014 before seeing limited action in 2015 behind Matt Linehan. He completed 49-of-78 passes for 383 yards and one touchdown for the Vandals, and he also rushed for 73 yards and five touchdowns in eight games. A three-star junior college prospect at Ventura, Luton set a school record with 3,551 passing yards and 40 touchdowns in 11 games a year ago.
He was the third-ranked pro-style junior college quarterback last year and will have two years of eligibility in Corvallis, Oregon.

from CU AT THE GAME

I have no idea what will actually happen.

But I expect that CU fields better athletes than CSU. I expect MacIntyre and the coaching staff is competent without Leavitt. Chiaverini and Mac are good motivators. The Buffaloes will come into Mile High motivated to make a statement.

I expect CSU's offense is capable of scoring points and making the game competitive. Gallup will get his catches. CSU's offense is to be respected. Last season's beat down had to have provided some serious motivation for revenge.

Whether or not CU's defense is ready to stop the rams had yet to be seen. If CSU wants this game more than CU does, then it could very well be a 4th Qtr shoot out.

CSU's short week doesn't play to their advantage. The 7 to 10 points Vegas is spotting the Buffs makes sense to me.

Wow... not sure if anyone posted it yet, but I'm squarely in the "nervous" camp after reading the CSU preview over at SBNation:

https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...o-state-football-2017-preview-schedule-roster

That profile definitely projects to a big year for CSU, but I still have reservations about their defense.

I still think intangibles play a larger role in this game.

Does CSu come in with an Idaho :)sneaky:) sized chip on their shoulder after last year?
Does CU come out of the gate looking green?
Does CSU suffer an emotional hangover after a huge emotional game in their new stadium against Oregon St?

That's why I'm nervous. Any one or more of these scenarios could come true. CSU should be one of the top 5 G5 programs next year.

Back