What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU vs CSU.....never too early

I don't give a rat's nasty ass if we win by a damn point, find a way. Play mistake free and it'll happen.

OSU's offense is going to be different and interesting this year. They brought in an OC who does Air Raid/ Run-N-Shoot and the new QB came from that kind of system at JUCO. I can't imagine that Anderson would move away from Nall toting the rock, so I'm expecting a hybrid between the Air Raid passing concepts and power running. I'm eager to see it in a few weeks.

How did CSU do against CU's version last year?

Sounds a lot like our offense, but with a big bruiser at tailback.

Preview of next season with Bischart for the Buffs.

Maybe so. Beavs have been referencing CU a lot as the model for its rebuild.

I get the feeling that CU's breakout season might have bought Andersen at least another year in Corvallis.

Wow... not sure if anyone posted it yet, but I'm squarely in the "nervous" camp after reading the CSU preview over at SBNation:

https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...o-state-football-2017-preview-schedule-roster

That profile definitely projects to a big year for CSU, but I still have reservations about their defense.

Wow - they have them with a probability to beat us at 52% coming off a year in which we beat them by 37 points? And their win probability only has them losing 2 games - not sure I see that in them yet. We did lose a lot on D but last year, the difference in the 2 programs was pretty severe.

Ugh - I hate this game.

Wow... not sure if anyone posted it yet, but I'm squarely in the "nervous" camp after reading the CSU preview over at SBNation:

https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...o-state-football-2017-preview-schedule-roster

That profile definitely projects to a big year for CSU, but I still have reservations about their defense.
I get less and less nervous every single day and this review makes me significantly less nervous. Why? Simple, the guy didn't mention anything, anywhere about CSU's offensive line, except that they return an all conference center. No mention anywhere that they will have three new starters...and the only comments about CSU's d line was that CSU didn't put pressure on the QB last year but returns their starters. I am a firm believer that winning football games starts at the line of scrimmage and what we see from CSU are lots of returning skill position guys with experience. One or two with explosiveness and nobody to block for them....The more everyone ignores CSU's lines the more I am convinced they are in for a rough start to the season (as their line's grow and learn).

Well said....exactly what I want to tell my Rammie friends..."how are you going to be explosive this year?" don't say Nick Stevens or Gallup either.....

I skimmed this thread, so apologies if it was brought up...but Montez will explode for two or more 40 yard runs in this game, feels like his legs are being overlooked.

This will open up the rest of the field.

Why is everyone starting to get nervous? We got this. I don't see csu beating our Buffs for a long, long time. csu is in for a drought against CU effective last Sept.

Hard to get the ball to your all world receiver when the QB is falling backwards from getting hit. CSU will have to throw a lot of quick stuff for 2 and 3 yards. Eventually our DB's will jump a couple of those routes and take them to the house. They aren't going to be able to run the ball that well. I foresee Edwards just eating up 2 blockers all day and our LB's will handle their running game

For your own sakes, I hope most of you posting in this thread are right.

You are a true guardian angel.

Irony.

giphy.gif

CSU is going to be good and they have a game to work out any issues. This will be a difficult game for CU. While we shouldn't, we could easily lose this game.

I get less and less nervous every single day and this review makes me significantly less nervous. Why? Simple, the guy didn't mention anything, anywhere about CSU's offensive line, except that they return an all conference center. No mention anywhere that they will have three new starters...and the only comments about CSU's d line was that CSU didn't put pressure on the QB last year but returns their starters. I am a firm believer that winning football games starts at the line of scrimmage and what we see from CSU are lots of returning skill position guys with experience. One or two with explosiveness and nobody to block for them....The more everyone ignores CSU's lines the more I am convinced they are in for a rough start to the season (as their line's grow and learn).
Uh.... what about CU? We lost our center and our entire DL?

If it is trouble for them, then it's trouble for us.

Last year I was about 99% sure we were not just going to win, but win convincingly, although I didn't think blowout. This year, it's as low as 75%. I still think we win convincingly, but we lost some talent a good DC. As well all know, CSU loves this game. I don't think Phil and the other upper classmen will let team down, but... ...it's completely fair to be cautious imo.

A 2 score win is pissing in the kool-aid? Good to know.

Do you hope I'm right? Are you worried about my meltdown?

I have the Buffs winning by 10 or so, but giving up plenty of points.

But I am the one ruining the kool-aid in this thread and everything I say is worrying about mental health in a serious way.

(Congrats, you got me... keep being you)

Back