What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU vs CSU.....never too early

CSU is a capable team this year.

CU has the potential to be a very good P5 team this year (somewhere in Top 25), but we don't know yet.

I'm confident but I have concerns. I also feel like if the Buffs roll this year then it's likely that the RMS is done being competitive through the end of the current contract because this is CSU's year when they've got the most talented & veteran team they'll have.

I have the Buffs winning by 10 or so, but giving up plenty of points.

But I am the one ruining the kool-aid in this thread and everything I say is worrying about mental health in a serious way.

(Congrats, you got me... keep being you)

See. We're not so far apart on the game.

Roger that on the "keep being you" advice.

For anyone who wants to believe in a 55-10 beat down and an undefeated season, I say "Hizzah!"

I have the Buffs winning by 10 or so, but giving up plenty of points.

But I am the one ruining the kool-aid in this thread and everything I say is worrying about mental health in a serious way.

(Congrats, you got me... keep being you)
How many points/ what do you think the over under should be?

Everytime I think that I have not a single thought in common with Duff, the season rolls around and I tend to be in total agreement. We spend the other 8 months debating if water is wet.

Uh.... what about CU? We lost our center and our entire DL?

If it is trouble for them, then it's trouble for us.
No doubt I have concerns about the d-line for CU but not even one for the o line. I think it will be the best unit on the team

You can say all you want about CsU getting better last year but their defense was awful and that was in MWC play.

I don't think much of their defense, but I think their offense is able to mitigate their defensive weaknesses at times. Obviously was not the case at all in last year's game.

the level of stupidity on Lamenation is over the top today-
1) they should go Independent
2) the Big 10 is coming for them
3) csu passing CU in season ticket sales and CU's finances are bad

#3 is easily explained:
We live in the fake news era... Facts are irrelevant.

The SB Nation article was interesting in showing CSUs upside but also its volatility in 2016. I read it as due to inexperienced but good talent in an easier conference.

In some ways I see CU as a similar team this year with tons of upside, but inexperience/depth challenges on D. This could mean more of a wild year for CU with some big wins but some unexplainable losses. Montez is similar- potential for big plays but also some unexplainable INTs. If say we beat UW but lose to Arizona, I could probably live with that.

Think we beat CSU in a sloppy shootout, but I feel good with any win as the game plays out strangely many years.

The Dean of Economics at CSU....and the man who signed my Diploma from there...shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

Steven Shulman, a CSU economics professor, said in a published analysis that “there is little or no evidence that a new football stadium will improve the performance of the team, attract out-of-state students, increase donations to the academic program or become financially self-sufficient.”

The body of evidence would have to be pretty small in any event. How many brand new stadiums are there? I know about Minnesota. Who else? Stanford? It's not like you could look at Stanford and ask why they aren't doing well on the academic side.

CSU's new stadium corrects a huge mistake that school made when it moved off campus 50 years ago. It's a good idea, especially if it's funded by private donations. The only downside is in the event they can't meet the debt service requirements and have to dip into the general fund. As much as we like to poke fun at them, that's a very remote possibility.

Since Rams are hell bent that since Leavitt is gone the entire team burns in fire this year (even though Leavitt didn't score the 44 points)....I think Ill just tell my Rams friends, "Yeah your right....1st year starter at QB (and apparently the locker room is split on Montez according to Ram people who knows a guy) not good, Yeah with Leavitt gone our D is horrible. I have no idea how we will win a game this year without Captain Pepsi."

The body of evidence would have to be pretty small in any event. How many brand new stadiums are there? I know about Minnesota. Who else? Stanford? It's not like you could look at Stanford and ask why they aren't doing well on the academic side.

CSU's new stadium corrects a huge mistake that school made when it moved off campus 50 years ago. It's a good idea, especially if it's funded by private donations. The only downside is in the event they can't meet the debt service requirements and have to dip into the general fund. As much as we like to poke fun at them, that's a very remote possibility.

I see traffic and parking in that area as a downside too, but I don't plan on attending any games there in the near future so ****em

Folks, I firmly believe that this Offense will be record setting!!! There are 4-5 NFL Quality Receivers (We are thinking about Red-shirting one of them???) on this team and an NFL Running Back, and 1-2 NFL Linemen. Montez and for that matter Lytle are very good, tall, strong dynamic QB's. IF, and this is the only IF, we can get a 100% Texas Tech, Chiaverini designed and called offense, then we could see as many as 60-70 points scored in this game. I actually think that CSU playing the week before is a huge advantage for CU because anything that OSU throws at them will be analyzed to make sure that it can be taken advantage by our offense. With Kicking and Special Teams improved, this team has only one potential weakness and that is overall defense. The Linebackers are good, the pass rush is good, there is a rock solid Corner and Safety in the back end. What I mean by overall defense is that the other teams could generate longer, time wasting drives that will keep our offense off the field. When this offense is on the field, I see things getting really amazing. I also think you will see wider line splits from the O-Line, just like the wide open Texas Tech teams. If it comes together, watch the hell out folks. My prediction is somewhere in the 48-24 or 56-27 range for the Buffs.

Back