What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Dec 18-19 Conference Championships and other games

tOSU is in.

If ND wins then A&M gets in as the 4th team

If Clemson wins then it comes down to ND and A&M and I think ND gets the nod. But if ND gets blown out by like 4 touchdowns+ then A&M likely gets in over ND.

But in the end I think a big thing hurting A&M is if they get in it will be as the 4 seed, which means a rematch with Alabama and everyone saw how that game went.
Good analysis. I think it shakes out that way as well.

5-7 (3-7 if you take out a perpetual underperforming Texas) is still well below .500. And most importantly how often have they won their league?

No question their coaching is good but they are performing in line with their recruiting, and we may not want to hear it but Iowa State is recruiting better than Colorado and has been for some time. No they aren't top 20 but they aren't in the 60's either.

I am not in any way saying that coaching doesn't matter. I have given examples of programs that underperform their talent because of coaching. There are also programs that win more games than their talent level would indicate.

Fact is though that if you want to win your conference more than once every decade or two, if you want to be one of the programs that is regularly going to the top bowls and being mentioned for the playoff you aren't going to do it on average or below talent, doesn't matter how well coached they are.

Ultimately if you want to be on top you have to have talent that can get you there.

Wisconsin, Iowa, etc. may not be top 20 recruiting programs but they aren't taking many kids who don't have multiple offers from winning P5 programs. They may not beat Ohio State for a lot of recruits but they are beating Michigan and Penn State and each other for enough.

How many of our recruits this year had offers from P5 programs that are consistently in bowl games. I'm not talking about beating Kansas and Oregon State and Arizona for a recruit. I am talking about beating Oregon, Washington, etc for a guy they really wanted (not a backup plan offer.)

Good post. I'm willing to give this staff BOTD given what we saw on the field and their circumstances (late coaching change, pandemic) this year. Moving forward, this class won't be good enough.

goodfellas GIF

I don't get why Clemson has stopped throwing the ball downfield. Presumably ND adjusted and is doing a better job I'm coverage

Back