What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

ESPN 30 for 30 "The Gospel according to Mac" Tonight at 7pm MT

Don't worry, I actually didn't get it.

but in any event, I fully expect Buff alums to passionately respond to any perceived slight against their legendary coach. Ten years ago, I would've done the same for perceived slights against Beamer; I might get back to that mode in another ten years.
How did you not get it?

Me and the Mrs watched it last night, I caught the end on the first run Tuesday night. The Mrs declined watching the CMA's (unheard of) to watch 30 f 30, we both thought is was really good and portrayed everyone positively (except the nubs). I talked to buffson today and he and his sig other, who is a GA Dawg and goes to the cocktail party every year, cried when they watched it and has a new appreciation for CU Football. I can tell you this, I have never been so ****ing proud of being a Buff today as I have in the last 10 years. I never liked the PK movement (too ecumenical) but I definitely have a new found admiration for Coach Mac.

That was my reaction also. All those years later? He had to know it would hurt her and it did.

That's how I felt about it. At a certain point, coming clean about infidelity seems kind of selfish to me. Like it's something you feel you need to get off your own chest in order to move forward with a clean conscience rather than something you do to make things better for the person you wronged. Other people, I know, see it differently but my feeling is that if you're in the situation then your act of betrayal is your own cross to bear and you don't dump it on the person you wronged in order to lighten your own load.

Too unhip to know of the fiery broom mishap of your school's head coach who has been there nearly 30 years?
I heard that story a very long time ago, but honestly, no -- had long forgotten how he got that thing on his neck and it didn't click when I read it. I figured @dply was making some pop culture reference.

Edit: just texted my brother, who lives in Blacksburg, has been a season ticket holder 10+ years, and once interviewed Frank Beamer for a middle school project (this would've been like 1986): "without looking it up, how did Beamer get that thing on his neck"
"I can't remember."

I heard that story a very long time ago, but honestly, no -- had long forgotten how he got that thing on his neck and it didn't click when I read it. I figured @dply was making some pop culture reference.

Edit: just texted my brother, who lives in Blacksburg, has been a season ticket holder 10+ years, and once interviewed Frank Beamer for a middle school project (this would've been like 1986): "without looking it up, how did Beamer get that thing on his neck"
"I can't remember."
And you and your brother call yourselves fans?

"I can't remember."

Apparently, I was also confused on how Beamer got that.

B90LJrtCcAIRstQ.png

That's how I felt about it. At a certain point, coming clean about infidelity seems kind of selfish to me. Like it's something you feel you need to get off your own chest in order to move forward with a clean conscience rather than something you do to make things better for the person you wronged. Other people, I know, see it differently but my feeling is that if you're in the situation then your act of betrayal is your own cross to bear and you don't dump it on the person you wronged in order to lighten your own load.

I see the other side of it though. It isn't about his cross to bear, it's about clearing his sin as he's been instructed too by God. He had to admit it.

Not saying it's right but that's my assumption of how he felt.

I see the other side of it though. It isn't about his cross to bear, it's about clearing his sin as he's been instructed too by God. He had to admit it.

I get it. I have trouble relating to it, though. Probably my catholic upbringing. That's what the confessional is for.

He does seem to be a man driven by what he thinks is right. Whether you agree with him or not he felt he had to speak on race relations, he had to be a father figure to these men, he had to love Sal, he had to retire, he had to tell about he affair.

It seems to very rarely be about what he wants but always about what he has to do. No conclusion there, just an observation

The AA big Book says we don't have a right to hurt someone else in cleaning up our side of the street.

He missed the mark as many religious people do but his heart IMHO was in the right place.

That confessing thing to save your ass gives you no right to hurt another human being but that's religion for you.

Mac calling out MikeMac for recruiting. Reading between the lines, I don't think Mac thinks MikeMac can do that.
Which I still find humorous based off 9 out of 11 commits we have are African American and are better than we have recruited in a while.

And also ironic that it took McCartney until year 7 to get to 10 Ws and to that point he had two 7 win seasons and a 6 Win Season. He should know it takes time to get where he did. He sounds like the fans that are impatient and want to have a new head coach AGAIN.

Which I still find humorous based off 9 out of 11 commits we have are African American and are better than we have recruited in a while.

And also ironic that it took McCartney until year 7 to get to 10 Ws and to that point he had two 7 win seasons and a 6 Win Season. He should know it takes time to get where he did. He sounds like the fans that are impatient and want to have a new head coach AGAIN.

He's right and the day mike mac is even half the coach mac was at cu let us know.

Please, not the "it takes time" mantra again. 5 years of it with hawk and now fans just want the required wins to go to a bowl game. I guess asking a coach in year 3 to beat an awful hawaii team and to stop blowing games in the 4th quarter is impatient. Lame

He's right and the day mike mac is even half the coach mac was at cu let us know.

Please, not the "it takes time" mantra again. 5 years of it with hawk and now fans just want the required wins to go to a bowl game. I guess asking a coach in year 3 to beat an awful hawaii team and to stop blowing games in the 4th quarter is impatient. Lame
Sooooo OG Mac went 1-10 in year three

You are preaching to the choir. I know. This sucks but McCartney was getting boat raced in an average Big 8 below Nebraska and Oklahoma. In his third year there was probably some other syko saying this guy ain't the right guy.

I am giving MacIntyre until next season. If we can't make a bowl game with that senior class, and are cellar dwellers mid-PAC 12 season then fire him to show you mean business and want the best candidate out there. Firing him now starts this cycle over again unless you see a Harbaugh or Meyer or Saban savior type that is going to come here.

The AA big Book says we don't have a right to hurt someone else in cleaning up our side of the street.

He missed the mark as many religious people do but his heart IMHO was in the right place.

That confessing thing to save your ass gives you no right to hurt another human being but that's religion for you.

Gary, you may remember, has strong feelings about infidelity.
Not related to infidelity and perhaps I overreacted, that is why I deleted my comment. My reaction was based more around Waldo using some cult handbook to criticize Mac's decision.

Remember Barnet saying as they walked off the fields saying "WE don't have anybody that even looks like them". It does take time I think, I think MM is closer now to competing then Mac was back then, after the same amount of time.

Remember Barnet saying as they walked off the fields saying "WE don't have anybody that even looks like them". It does take time I think, I think MM is closer now to competing then Mac was back then, after the same amount of time.
The record would indicate that's true...and the PAC12 is much tougher than the Big 8 back then.

Back