What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Football Spring Practices start February 22nd

The great Maximus has declared after 1 day in shorts that our DL likely better in 2017 than '16. And that Isaac Miller is a future NFL tackle. Why does be insist on doing this?
Because one time he will be right...and then he will be able to crow endlessly.

Why the hate for a guy that took the time to analyze the team and also put his opinion out there for people to talk about. No wonder we don't have him posting here.

Why the hate for a guy that took the time to analyze the team and also put his opinion out there for people to talk about. No wonder we don't have him posting here.

Aren't you the guy constantly bashing people giving their opinions?

Size wise, sure. But he is REALLY raw and would definitely benefit from a redshirt year (which would also get him acclimated to the academic side as well).
Yeah, he isn't going to be the difference between a decent DL and a really good DL anyway, so no need to rush him. Should be a really good player a year or two down the road.

Based on speed/athleticism along with player development of guys who didn't get many snaps last year, I think it's a possibility that the 2017 DL is deeper than the 2016 DL. And, with that, I think it could result in our DL being better when we get into the last part of the season (fresher & guys making a jump with additional game experience). I also think that anyone expecting to replace 3 DLs and not miss a beat in the opener is setting himself up for disappointment.
Yeah. This. The talent level is probably an improvement, but the level of play probably won't reflect that until later in the year... if we are lucky.

Franke really needs to step up this year, he brings an added athleticism that the others don't really have when it comes to pass rush but hasn't been able to put the weight on and be physical enough.
Franke is above 280 now. He'll be ready by fall.

To be clear, I thought Plati started with a nice premise and then went way over the top with those ratings.

Franke is above 280 now. He'll be ready by fall.
That's all good but it's the offseason, it is easy for most big guys to put on weight this time of year but a totally different thing to keep that weight through fall camp and the regular season.

That's all good but it's the offseason, it is easy for most big guys to put on weight this time of year but a totally different thing to keep that weight through fall camp and the regular season.

There's truth in this. It seems that Wilson's approach has been successful in this area, though. Haigler kept his weight on last season, which surprised me. I had thought like you and was expecting him to be 260 lbs by the end of the season, but that didn't happen.

really gets the juices flowing reading that.

If guys develop and take the next step on the OL, we could have a situation where our starting 5 is:

LT Miller
LG Irwin
C Lynott
RG Kough
RT Haigler

Miller may not be ready and Lynott may not be able to make the jump to center. But if it shakes out like this, it would be a very talented and athletic OL I would have a ton of confidence in.

If guys develop and take the next step on the OL, we could have a situation where our starting 5 is:

LT Miller
LG Irwin
C Lynott
RG Kough
RT Haigler

Miller may not be ready and Lynott may not be able to make the jump to center. But if it shakes out like this, it would be a very talented and athletic OL I would have a ton of confidence in.

I prefer
LT- Irwin
LG- Kough
C- Huckins
RG- Lynott
RT- Haigler

Only one change from last year.

Yep that's a big man. I'm hoping he plays right away. You wouldn't wanna block that mountain for 4 quarters lol.

LT Miller
LG Irwin
C Lynott
RG Kough
RT Haigler

this could be a very good combination for us.

I have posted before that I think Irwin is a natural guard. I could see this moving him up much higher in the draft next year.

Miller has intrigued me since we were recruiting him. He looks to me like a natural NFL LT, long, good feet, athletic. If he can overcome the bad luck he has had with health he has the potential to be a really good OT. Granted potential means you haven't done it yet but I like him there. A lot of people look at Lynott as a natural center. Playing last year at guard he should be able to slide over and be comfortable quickly.

Best case scenario, and no we aren't there yet but could be, is that we have 3 OL together who have NFL potential.

Back