What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

GAME THREAD: Sun Devils @ Buffs

What does this win mean? Is it a blip in what will be a season of inconsistency? Or is it the beginning of steady improvement throughout the year? How will our season progress from here? Did the light come on or just flicker?

What does this win mean? Is it a blip in what will be a season of inconsistency? Or is it the beginning of steady improvement throughout the year? How will our season progress from here? Did the light come on or just flicker?
I don't expect improvement to be steady or linear. It never works like that.

It was a confidence builder. It validated the message from coaches. It established something at home.

I think this team can win just about all its remaining home games.

The big thing right now, though, like with the Burks/Higgins team that went on the NIT run, is that it's unlikely that they figure out how to get it done on the road. That's a huge step in a team's development and I'll be surprised if it happens this season.

I don't expect improvement to be steady or linear. It never works like that.

It was a confidence builder. It validated the message from coaches. It established something at home.

I think this team can win just about all its remaining home games.

The big thing right now, though, like with the Burks/Higgins team that went on the NIT run, is that it's unlikely that they figure out how to get it done on the road. That's a huge step in a team's development and I'll be surprised if it happens this season.
Team is wayyyy too emotionally fragile for me to hope for that this season. When you see guys growing up and changing behavior WITHIN games (Bey!), it's just something a program like CU will have to deal with. They need something to feed off of right now. Don't have it internally. Yet.

You can tell the team is starting to understand the whole rebounding and defense message that Tad has tried to drill into them. The 2nd half last night, they were rebounding with energy and some serious want to.

A weekend sweep, and all bets are off IMO for the rest of the season. Anything could happen.

We will get a road win here or there, but I doubt it will be enough to win an at large bid to the dance though. Now could they get there through Vegas? Don't think that is out of the question.

You can tell the team is starting to understand the whole rebounding and defense message that Tad has tried to drill into them. The 2nd half last night, they were rebounding with energy and some serious want to.

A weekend sweep, and all bets are off IMO for the rest of the season. Anything could happen.

We will get a road win here or there, but I doubt it will be enough to win an at large bid to the dance though. Now could they get there through Vegas? Don't think that is out of the question.

I think the only thing last night allows us to do is play really loose Saturday and next week in LA. As far as at large bids to the dance or even an NIT run? Let's not get ahead of ourselves. We probably need to split the two games with Utah, sweep both weekends with the Washington schools, and dominate Stanford and Cal when they come here for that to be a consideration. We've already lost a few games to teams with fairly ugly RPIs (Oregon State, Iowa, and CSU Stand out in this regard). This is a year where it makes sense to consider a CBI invite if we get one-the more basketball these freshmen can play, the better.

Unfortunately, tomorrow is a really bad matchup for CU. Arizona just went +23 on the boards against Utah last night (Ayton and Ristic combined for the number of rebounds Utah had as a team). That size will be a killer. Then, it's off to SoCal. I'm just hoping that CU remains competitive in each of the next 3 games, and comes home ready to sweep the Washington schools.

I believe that recruits have an entrance they go thru on the top level of the CEC (not the bottom), where they can use their passes, which a fair amount of local high school kids are given. If they are on an official visit, they'd probably enter with the team hours before or with staff, thru the team entrance. I saw a great looking recruit myself, until I realized it was Alec Burks!
He's got eligibility left, sign him up! (just ignore that whole NBA thing).

I'm looking forward to politely asking Bobby Hurley how much he's cheating from behind the visitor's bench.

Update on this post: I yelled something at Hurley after him whining about a call about the fact that we were not in Cameron Indoor tonight, and I got a death stare from what I'm pretty sure was his daughter. Aside from the win, definite highlight of the night. (y)

Since we don't have ********** game thread yet, I'll put this here: I think that their result in SLC is perfect for us. Yoots made them work, kept them from resting guys, but didn't put them in frantic mode by handing them a loss.

The great thing about having Utah in the Pac-12 is that they combine with us to make for tough mountain roadies, something Big 8/12 teams didn't have to worry about.

Update on this post: I yelled something at Hurley after him whining about a call about the fact that we were not in Cameron Indoor tonight, and I got a death stare from what I'm pretty sure was his daughter. Aside from the win, definite highlight of the night. (y)

Was she hot?

Was she hot?

You decide: Googled Bobby Hurley daughter and this is definitely who gave me the death stare.

BpuVmq1IIAES2nP.jpg

Since we don't have ********** game thread yet, I'll put this here: I think that their result in SLC is perfect for us. Yoots made them work, kept them from resting guys, but didn't put them in frantic mode by handing them a loss.

The great thing about having Utah in the Pac-12 is that they combine with us to make for tough mountain roadies, something Big 8/12 teams didn't have to worry about.

Oof. Putting Chauncey in the "older guys" category with Cliff Meely. That doesn't feel all that great to those of us who arrived in Boulder before Chauncey did.
Hey, I started College a year after Meely finished. So cry me a river.

I haven't seen all the Buffs games this year, but that game was about as fun as they get. Rally back from being down almost all game and I don't think they ever gave up the lead once they had it, did they?

Man, Wright is fun to watch. That kid is going to be a stud here. That kind of guard play really elevates the rest of the team. Loved seeing everyone (including him) hit the boards, too.

Unfortunately, tomorrow is a really bad matchup for CU. Arizona just went +23 on the boards against Utah last night (Ayton and Ristic combined for the number of rebounds Utah had as a team). That size will be a killer. Then, it's off to SoCal. I'm just hoping that CU remains competitive in each of the next 3 games, and comes home ready to sweep the Washington schools.

Agree easier to rebound and score inside versus ASU. Arizona has at least one 7 footer on floor at all times, sometimes 2. How do we match up and stay out of foul trouble?But great win enjoy it.
The trials and tribulations will continue but if young guys learn from each experience, they will be something in a couple of years

Oof. Putting Chauncey in the "older guys" category with Cliff Meely. That doesn't feel all that great to those of us who arrived in Boulder before Chauncey did.

Same reaction. I didn't see Cliff Meely play so maybe I am just older and not old. Next thing Tad will say is the basketball games used to be played in Balch. Yes, they did and it's where I saw many games. I was young then and got player passes.

So I had already decided to get off the sauce for a while in the new year. While watching the Oregon game I decided to wait until we got two conference wins, thinking that would be about a month or more. Now I am wondering if I need to wait for three

Back