What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread- MEN'S BBall hosting ASU (Thurs., 2/8/24; 6:00 PM MT; FS1) and #8 Arizona (Saturday, 8:00 PM MT; ESPN)

That team won't make it past the 3rd round.

They are soft and overrated- we're just softer and weaker, and poorly coached, to boot
You’re delusional and/or drunk. We all wanted to win that game and it’s painful but Arizona is a good team and kicked our ass. Give it a rest

We don't have the depth. Arizona's 4-8 is 1,000x better than ours. But it happens. Look at KU. They have zero depth. It's kind of shocking.

What's going on with Ruffin? He played a lot of minutes 12/31, 1/4, 1/6. But not much since then. I'm guessing he's not feeling very good?

We don't have the depth. Arizona's 4-8 is 1,000x better than ours. But it happens. Look at KU. They have zero depth. It's kind of shocking.

What's going on with Ruffin? He played a lot of minutes 12/31, 1/4, 1/6. But not much since then. I'm guessing he's not feeling very good?
Arizona's starting 5 was bought and paid for by getting the best players from 5 other teams, and then their next 5-7 guys are 4 and 5 star guys that would be good on any team. That 7'-2" Center would look good as a Buff and would beat out Eddie in a minute.
The Big12 is gonna murder us if we do not step up and get Transfers in here and not sure Tad inspires that.
Kim English would be a great Buff coach, and maybe he leverages the Prime effect

Talent aside, I can’t identify anything from this game that indicates we had a game plan of any sorts or made a single adjustment to either counter Az or get our shooters going on offense. Just the same “philosophy” we’ve had for 14 years. That’s not coaching.

Tad recruits long, skinny guys, with little ability to mix it up inside.

If a team has 2 big men, how do we respond?
Eddie. yes.
LOB. yes, but not as big as you'd want.
TdS. no. MIA too often.
Hadley. not really. A ton of heart, not enough size.
Cody and the 2 Ds. no, lack size.

As good as Cody is, I cringe when he is knocked to the floor - just so fragile seeming. they list him at 190, 185 wouldn't be a surprise, His brother plays at 211.

D + D have great desire, but similar body types - which I think are hard to add weight to. If they could each put on 25 pounds for next year, we may have a shot. Otherwise, it's portal time. (If tad is resistant to major portal use, would they trade him out? Is there anything that would cause them to dump Tad? I don';t think so. I hope not.)

Tad recruits long, skinny guys, with little ability to mix it up inside.

If a team has 2 big men, how do we respond?
Eddie. yes.
LOB. yes, but not as big as you'd want.
TdS. no. MIA too often.
Hadley. not really. A ton of heart, not enough size.
Cody and the 2 Ds. no, lack size.

As good as Cody is, I cringe when he is knocked to the floor - just so fragile seeming. they list him at 190, 185 wouldn't be a surprise, His brother plays at 211.

D + D have great desire, but similar body types - which I think are hard to add weight to. If they could each put on 25 pounds for next year, we may have a shot. Otherwise, it's portal time. (If tad is resistant to major portal use, would they trade him out? Is there anything that would cause them to dump Tad? I don';t think so. I hope not.)

Cody's a late bloomer. He'll get there, it'll just be in the NBA where he has world class resources to get him up to speed physically. It truly makes no sense for him to return. He'll be a very high pick, but he may take a little time to start living up to that. Year 2 in the NBA will look real good.

I hesitate to say this as to associate myself with the more irrational posters here, but I have lost any sense of inspiration from Tad. His character and ability to recruit high character guys is critical, not at the expense of toughness and tenacity though.

I dunno, maybe he just needs a little more swagger. His suit and tie combos are also starting to piss me off haha

We did not play well, but Arizona made a lot of shots tonight. Ballo goes 6-8 from the line. That was a national championship caliber team on the floor tonight.
That was as bad as I've ever seen a Tad Boyle coached team play defensively.

Word is Tad has zero trust in Ruffin and the Frosh bigs. Even admitted he needs to get over it. But he has trust in Hammond which I just don't get.

I hesitate to say this as to associate myself with the more irrational posters here, but I have lost any sense of inspiration from Tad. His character and ability to recruit high character guys is critical, not at the expense of toughness and tenacity though.

I dunno, maybe he just needs a little more swagger. His suit and tie combos are also starting to piss me off haha
The incoming recruiting class is 100% Tad style. No toughness, no edge, likely developmental and/or glue guys. Not a great class by any means which is worrisome.

Word is Tad has zero trust in Ruffin and the Frosh bigs. Even admitted he needs to get over it. But he has trust in Hammond which I just don't get.
How much Trust does the team have in Tad? There could be a fine line right now within the program.

Oh no doubt. I think we're seeing signs that he's taken this thing as far as he's going to.
That's the thing. He's delivered a consistent winner and CU has cemented itself as an NIT level program on an annual basis with most years on the Dance bubble, sometimes earning the bid and sometimes not. He's also set a much higher foundation for fan & in-state engagement. All with low resources, no natural recruiting grounds, and no blue blood type program cache.

He's also done it with high character players who haven't gotten into trouble and earned their degrees. There's a lot to celebrate. But it's a high floor, low ceiling program.

He's probably at the end of his run. Got to hope the next hire can maintain the foundation that's been built while raising the ceiling.

That's the thing. He's delivered a consistent winner and CU has cemented itself as an NIT level program on an annual basis with most years on the Dance bubble, sometimes earning the bid and sometimes not. He's also set a much higher foundation for fan & in-state engagement. All with low resources, no natural recruiting grounds, and no blue blood type program cache.

He's also done it with high character players who haven't gotten into trouble and earned their degrees. There's a lot to celebrate. But it's a high floor, low ceiling program.

He's probably at the end of his run. Got to hope the next hire can maintain the foundation that's been built while raising the ceiling.
That would require the school to give one tiny little **** that we have a mens basketball program.

I will never understand why we haven't made Rocky Mountain Way our thing.
I am screaming for this to happen at the start of the 4th Quarter

If the song is playing and you hear "Rocky Mountain High" and then everybody in loud unison say, COLORADO, it would be awesome

Or, we could have Chip slap some fake hands together like a soccer game

I love our teams and the players we've had over the years, with just a few exceptions. UA for example is a yearly rent-a-team and the majority of their fans are obese octogenarians who won't follow nor care about their graduates' careers. We need a lot of luck to compete against teams like we saw last night, yet somehow we've managed to have a winning record against UA at home. If we had the resources to rent a new team of whiney bitches yearly like UA we might have a better record and a new batch of fatter, whiter and older fans to fill in some of the empty seats, and perhaps displace some of the current fans. I'd hope we can keep our high character 3-4 year guys while raising the bar.

I love our teams and the players we've had over the years, with just a few exceptions. UA for example is a yearly rent-a-team and the majority of their fans are obese octogenarians who won't follow nor care about their graduates' careers. We need a lot of luck to compete against teams like we saw last night, yet somehow we've managed to have a winning record against UA at home. If we had the resources to rent a new team of whiney bitches yearly like UA we might have a better record and a new batch of fatter, whiter and older fans to fill in some of the empty seats, and perhaps displace some of the current fans. I'd hope we can keep our high character 3-4 year guys while raising the bar.
Yeah. I'd love to see us continuing to have a few top CO preps and top 100 recruits making up the majority of the roster and then see a few ringers - a Cody level guy who isn't going to be her more than a year or two plus a couple hired guns like that (Carlon Brown + level). Raise the bar while maintaining identity. I'm not as enthusiastic about having a mercenary program and, frankly, I don't think our pockets are deep enough to succeed with that model.

Naw. They're like Nebraska fans. Very little exciting happening down there outside of Arizona basketball.

You're giving them too much credit.

Naw. They're like Nebraska fans. Very little exciting happening down there outside of Arizona basketball.

You're giving them too much credit.
I was thinking their fans are mostly midwestern retirees who are looking for something else to do other than watch Fox News with the AC set to 65. Or nursing home excursion tours.

Back