What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread- MEN'S BBall hosting ASU (Thurs., 2/8/24; 6:00 PM MT; FS1) and #8 Arizona (Saturday, 8:00 PM MT; ESPN)

Buffs entering the court for the 2nd Half like they’re either shell shocked or got their a$$es royally chewed.

If a team has lost composure (maybe not adjusting to a change in the opponent's defense or an offensive play), has poor body language/ passive play, and/or stopped following game plan I am in favor of a timeout.

If they're playing the game but missing shots, seeing tough makes from the opponent, and/or momentum has swung to the opponent then I don't think timeouts are beneficial & the coach should let the team play through it.

Save the timeouts for when they have impact - like in my 1st paragraph, to set a play or defense in crunch time, and sometimes just because it's gone too long without a stoppage and you need to get someone a blow.

I have gotten the impression that you like it when coaches micromanage to the point of calling a TO if the opponent makes a play that gets their crowd engaged or if there's something like an 0-6 run.
I’m not taking a side here, but I would like to see Tad slap some people around more during timeouts.

Italics not working on my phone at the moment.

If a team has lost composure (maybe not adjusting to a change in the opponent's defense or an offensive play), has poor body language/ passive play, and/or stopped following game plan I am in favor of a timeout.

If they're playing the game but missing shots, seeing tough makes from the opponent, and/or momentum has swung to the opponent then I don't think timeouts are beneficial & the coach should let the team play through it.

Save the timeouts for when they have impact - like in my 1st paragraph, to set a play or defense in crunch time, and sometimes just because it's gone too long without a stoppage and you need to get someone a blow.

I have gotten the impression that you like it when coaches micromanage to the point of calling a TO if the opponent makes a play that gets their crowd engaged or if there's something like an 0-6 run.
When the opponent is going on a run, it's sometimes good to call a timeout just to get an offensive play set up that is likely to be successful. A problem with Tad is that he has traditionally not been good at drawing up that type of play. So I understand why he may not use the timeouts in those situations that might be an opportunity to stem the tide. But I do think it's a fault.

For those of you who can't watch and are following from this thread, you'll be pleasantly surprised that our Buffs are up 44-35 at half.

We're actually playing very well. Shooting over 50%, holding them to 40%, and killing them on the glass. Turnovers have kept ASU in range and were the reason ASU went on a run to close a 13 point lead down to 4 (in like a 2 minute stretch) before CU got its act back together and extended back to 9.

I think 5-6 possessions both ways is enough - so yes, a 6-0 run could / should trigger one.

It's also team based. On a team with true actual on court leadership (see: Kin, Evan) - you can go longer. With this team? **** no.

How many times this uear have we watched a 6-9 pt lead turned into a 5, 6,8 pt deficit, and then played then entire rest of the game trying desperately to make little runs to gwt within 2-3, only to let it bleed back up?

What if, and I'm just spitballing here, we didn't let those 10-14 pt runs happen, and didn't have to play from behind for 2/3 of the game?

Its like Tad has a martyr syndrome or something. He HATES having large leads in games

Buffs entering the court for the 2nd Half like they’re either shell shocked or got their a$$es royally chewed.
Whatever it was, let's keep doing that at halftime. I'd be in favor of a +7 in the first 1:20 of every 2nd half. 😂

Still up 14 at the tv timeout. Both teams got sloppy as hell. I think they were both glad to see that tv timeout and get a breather.
Then the officials decide to let it become football. Interesting.

Lead back down to 12. So sloppy. Better than soft. Stupid fouls giving them extra points

It's like this team wants everyone single game to come down to the last 2 minutes

Why THE **** is KJ not being the primary ball handler?

What the **** is tad doing? Did he have a seizure when he yelled at the team during half time?

This is the stupidest stretch of basketball we have run in many many games

The Buffs look soft when a team gets up in their sh!t. Big problem. We’re the team pissin and moanin tonight.

Why THE **** is KJ not being the primary ball handler?

What the **** is tad doing? Did he have a seizure when he yelled at the team during half time?

This is the stupidest stretch of basketball we have run in many many games
It’s not good but you need to seriously ease back a bit. Hemorrhage incoming.

We should be up 20+ in this God damn game, not hoping and praying that AsU doesn't finish the comeback

Back