What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread - MEN'S Bball scheduled to visit Oregon (Tues., 1/25/21, 8:00 PM MT), Washington (Thurs., 9:00 PM MT) and WSU (Sunday, 8:00 PM MT)

I noticed neither of you were posting when we beat this exact same Washington team comfortably 2 weeks ago. Did Tad learn how to beat the zone then, and completely forgot 2 weeks later?

Did you listen to the TV broadcast? Washington apparently changed its strategy, and clearly had far more energy, in the way it played its zone defense. We had no clue how to attack it. What’s your explanation?

extremely frustrating game that we should have won…really missed da Silva’s length tonight

that was not an NBA prospect caliber last shot by Jabari — I’m 50/50 on of he should return or not

I was frustrated with Hammond earlier in the 2nd but he was crucial down the stretch and almost had an O rebound at the end to give us another chance

Buffs gave up 15 ORebs. Not going to win many games doing that, especially on the road.

Gave up 17 TO's to Wash's 16.

I would have wanted a 3 attempt for the win at the end. This team can fight. Can't afford to have so many careless TOs. That's all there is to it.

Would sadly prefer a deep NIT run for the bounce effect

I get that, but I was really hoping for Evan to get one more chance.

As a whole, this team should be better next year, especially if Jabari comes back, but I think there's going to be a huge leadership hole without Evan.

Tad Boyle to the Colorado Buffaloes Radio Network following the loss to Washington: "Pathetic. Upsetting. Absolutely pathetic by the Colorado Buffaloes. This is all totally on us. Our team's not consistent enough. And we're not tough enough. We got bullied, we got punked."

Apparently Tad also disagrees wit most of you.

We were so ****ing bad tonight. Absolute embarrassment to beat Oregon and then **** ourselves like this

Washington is not a bad team. They have a ton of size, athleticism, and experience. They can't shoot but they've been on a roll lately.

Add in losing Lovering and Da Silva being out and this was a tough matchup. Da Silva being out hurt a lot since he was so effective at the high post in the previous game.

I think we need to go 7-2 down the stretch to get to 20 wins and get in the tournament. One of those wins likely needs to be the game at home against Arizona since there aren't many quality games left to move the needle.

at WSU (quality)
vs UO (quality)
vs OSU
vs UU
vs Cal
at Stan (quality)
vs ASU
vs UA (quality)
at UU

I think if we drop any of the games not marked (quality) we are toast.

Brown, the P12 leading scorer, started his career as a JC walk-on. No telling him "no".

Buffs gave up 15 ORebs. Not going to win many games doing that, especially on the road.

Gave up 17 TO's to Wash's 16.
Exactly and that isn't new with this team. It's been happening quite a bit. I'll take the blame, I turned it off down by 7 I believe. I should've turned it off a few minutes earlier damnit. :D

I can't stay up to watch 11:00 p.m. games, but there was always a pretty good chance that the Buffs were going to lay a stinker after what happened in Oregon. Young teams often do this.

I started to bet on the Buffs (+6), but thought I'd check the media. Buffzone says De Silva likely out with Covid. I know 5 people who got Omicron variety and all said it made them feel really ****ty - altho not quite like they were going to die. The majority of our games have been close, so I'll just bet less.

So....we are without Lovering, Parquet, and Da Silva tonight vs Wazzu. Going to be a tough one.
Tad on KOA says Parquet will play, but not sure how much, how effectively. "Tweeked his foot against Wash"
For a guy who hasn't played, I thought Will (#30) looked okay. Anything is possible and I already bet my $10.

Go Buffs!

Back