What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread - (RV) MEN'S bball on the road to face #10 Arizona (Thurs.,1/4/24, 7:30 PM MT; ESPN) & ASU (Sat., 6:00 PM MT; ESPNU)

Pretty sure Miami has a pulse using that reasoning as well. So 3-2 against teams with a pulse not being at full strength. Pretty sure our football team would take those odds in that 16yrs.
Please tell me you're not counting the Washington's as having a pulse.

And Miami was at full strength.

I'm not happy. Team lost focus and discipline the last 2/3 of the first half.

Coping by reminding myself that it's a long season, we're 11-4 (2-2) despite a bunch of key injuries, we're undefeated at home, still on pace for 22 wins before P12 tourney, and this team gets a lot better as guys get back & shake the rust off. My biggest concern is that we're very soft on the interior when Eddie's not in. Not sure what the answer is there other than Diop & Dak developing quickly.

Please tell me you're not counting the Washington's as having a pulse.

And Miami was at full strength.
Agreed, Miami was at full strength and we we're not and won by 27. Washington (they'll be a bubble team) has played a good schedule thus far and we won, along with Wazzu (although not as good as UW's). Again, I'm upset about the lost as we should've won. It's a long season man and we're 11-4 right now. Give it a break. We can discuss Tad's dismissal if we don't make the NCAA tournament this year (which is my expectation).

Agreed, Miami was at full strength and we we're not and won by 27. Washington (they'll be a bubble team) has played a good schedule thus far and we won, along with Wazzu (although not as good as UW's). Again, I'm upset about the lost as we should've won. It's a long season man and we're 11-4 right now. Give it a break. We can discuss Tad's dismissal if we don't make the NCAA tournament this year (which is my expectation).
Washington?
A bubble team?
9-6 (1-3) Washington?

You know we're in the basketball forum, correct?

Wahington?

Time for all the excuses and Tad apologists.

We go from: they're so young, you can't expect them to win these games to: they're building, they were almost there, wait til next year to: if only we didn't have so many injuries to: they're so young to: . . .

When is Tad going to win again?

Let me guess - next year
We lose TDS, Simpson, & Cody next year. And we change to a gauntlet conference. We’re not winning next year unless we win big this year and get a bunch of portal players.

1. Whenever the discussion of firing Boyle comes up on Allbuffs, someone will post a question of "who do you think CU could get that would be better?" Typically, that ends the discussion.

Has the football hiring of Deion Sanders in football changed this perspective?

2. I'm encouraged by the way hoops recruiting is trending. I don't think we should change coaches at this point.

3. Every team in college hoops deals with injuries. Every single fukking team. All of them. Injuries are not an excuse for losing.

1. Whenever the discussion of firing Boyle comes up on Allbuffs, someone will post a question of "who do you think CU could get that would be better?" Typically, that ends the discussion.

Has the football hiring of Deion Sanders in football changed this perspective?

2. I'm encouraged by the way hoops recruiting is trending. I don't think we should change coaches at this point.

3. Every team in college hoops deals with injuries. Every single fukking team. All of them. Injuries are not an excuse for losing.
There is no excuse for losing to ASU on the road (only down Cody and Hammond). Not if we think we’re as good as we do.

Washington?
A bubble team?
9-6 (1-3) Washington?

Wahington?
You claim to be a basketball fan? They're already one right now.

Done having this conversation. Go back to yelling at the clouds.

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

I don't know Zandi IRL but I perceive he goes to more CU hoops games than 99% of the posters on this board. He's a basketball fan, and arguably has paid his dues needed to bitch and moan about the teams' performance.

There is no excuse for losing to ASU on the road (only down Cody and Hammond). Not if we think we’re as good as we do.
This, I'm not so much in agreement with. Winning on the road is hard, especially in conference play.

I don't know Zandi IRL but I perceive he goes to more CU hoops games than 99% of the posters on this board. He's a basketball fan, and arguably has paid his dues needed to bitch and moan about the teams' performance.
Hes loyal. But also awful and miserable, and not in a funny way.

I see people online expressing frustration and asking why this team is so inconsistent if this year was supposed to be different. Well, Iet's not forget that a major reason (if not *the* reason) this team is supposed to be different is Cody Williams, and we haven't seen him play in a month.

I don't mean this as an excuse. We lost a winnable game last night, and that is always frustrating. I'm just saying let's wait for the full season to play out before we jump to any conclusions and call the year a disappointment. When it's all finished, I think it's likely we see 20+ wins, a Pac-12 tournament bye, and a NCAA tournament bid. If we don't, then I will agree the season was disappointing.

When the Gecko starts sounding like the most reasonable voice in the room, I start to question....

...."Who dosed the Kool Aid?!?!?!"

Winning on the road is tough, sure. But I still think our team is better than theirs, on the road, without Cody and Hammond. Especially with KJ and TDS playing.

I'm guessing losing to Arizona by 50 didn't help their confidence much. But we need more players to mature quickly (and I'm not sure how realistic that is). Injuries exist, they happen every year, to every team. I hope we're ready the next time it happens.

And no, I don't think the season is a disappointment. Far from it. I AM disappointed with the loss to ASU. But those losses happen sometimes when you play in a P5 conference.

Exactly 1 bracketology has Washington in it - lunardi, with the in the 2nd four out (3rd on that list) - so effectively 7th out. No one else even mentions them.

Hell, half of them have us out, or as a play in

Winning on the road is tough, sure. But I still think our team is better than theirs, on the road, without Cody and Hammond. Especially with KJ and TDS playing.

I'm guessing losing to Arizona by 50 didn't help their confidence much. But we need more players to mature quickly (and I'm not sure how realistic that is). Injuries exist, they happen every year, to every team. I hope we're ready the next time it happens.

And no, I don't think the season is a disappointment. Far from it. I AM disappointed with the loss to ASU. But those losses happen sometimes when you play in a P5 conference.
Tad has proven to be one of the very worst coaches in the country on the road ATS. But he apparently has a lifetime contract at CU.

I see people online expressing frustration and asking why this team is so inconsistent if this year was supposed to be different. Well, Iet's not forget that a major reason (if not *the* reason) this team is supposed to be different is Cody Williams, and we haven't seen him play in a month.

I don't mean this as an excuse. We lost a winnable game last night, and that is always frustrating. I'm just saying let's wait for the full season to play out before we jump to any conclusions and call the year a disappointment. When it's all finished, I think it's likely we see 20+ wins, a Pac-12 tournament bye, and a NCAA tournament bid. If we don't, then I will agree the season was disappointing.
This team was supposed to very very good without Cody- that's what everyone was saying last year before he committed. Sr TDS, KJ in his 3rd year, all the complimentary pieces to go with.

Cody was supposed to take us from really good to great.

I'm waiting for really good to happen.

Really good teams don't lose to the crap that was AZ st, hone or road.

Washington?
A bubble team?
9-6 (1-3) Washington?

Wahington?

Washington is very much a bubble team, but I think on the low end of that bubble ranking. Like most bubble teams, they have a lot of work to do. Currently 54 in Kenpom, 65 in NET.

They have a similar resume to Gonzaga, Butler, Iowa, Syracuse, and Florida. All have no Quad 1 wins, a few Quad 2 wins, and no Quad 3-4 losses. The game to getting in the tournament is to avoid ugly losses in non-conference and hope for a few quad 1 wins.

So compare Washington to Florida (who is about a 12 seed on most sites). Washington is 0-5 in Quad 1 and Florida is 03. if Washington swapped out two of their Quad 1 games for Quad 4, which is what Florida did, and sat a 9-6, would you rank them the same?

Washington is very much a bubble team, but I think on the low end of that bubble ranking. Like most bubble teams, they have a lot of work to do. Currently 54 in Kenpom, 65 in NET.

They have a similar resume to Gonzaga, Butler, Iowa, Syracuse, and Florida. All have no Quad 1 wins, a few Quad 2 wins, and no Quad 3-4 losses. The game to getting in the tournament is to avoid ugly losses in non-conference and hope for a few quad 1 wins.

So compare Washington to Florida (who is about a 12 seed on most sites). Washington is 0-5 in Quad 1 and Florida is 03. if Washington swapped out two of their Quad 1 games for Quad 4, which is what Florida did, and sat a 9-6, would you rank them the same?
Without having seen Florida play, and having seen Washington play - if their metrics are similar, I would suggest that neither should be a tournament team.

If you have no Q1 wins 1/3 of the way into the season, you either scheduled like a wuss, or can't beat anyone to make you worthy of the tournament.

Without having seen Florida play, and having seen Washington play - if their metrics are similar, I would suggest that neither should be a tournament team.

If you have no Q1 wins 1/3 of the way into the season, you either scheduled like a wuss, or can't beat anyone to make you worthy of the tournament.

Just so you understand fully, this is a mid season snapshot, Quad 1 wins can become quad 2 wins later in the season, just as quad 2 can become a quad 1. The quality of a team versus the competition is fluid and teams can improve or get worse as the season goes on.

This team was supposed to very very good without Cody- that's what everyone was saying last year before he committed. Sr TDS, KJ in his 3rd year, all the complimentary pieces to go with.

Cody was supposed to take us from really good to great.

I'm waiting for really good to happen.

Really good teams don't lose to the crap that was AZ st, hone or road.

Fair enough. I am optimistic that when this season is over, it will have been a successful one. We will see.

Back