What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread - (RV) Men's bball on the road vs. #20/21 CSU (Wed., 11/29/23, 7:00 PM) & hosting Pepperdine (Sunday, 3:00 PM MT)

I keep wondering how we scored 26 in the first half and 57! in the 2nd. Well aand 2 guys (CW, KJ of course) scored 41 of those 57, it was them dropping a couple of 3's and especially driving to the basket 1-1, with some better ball movement maybe. I am curious what halftime adjustments were made or if CW,KJ just took it upon themselves. If we can duplicate anything close offensively to that we'll be fine, particularly if TDS figures it out., he does have too much talent to be so ineffective sometimes. And I feel like the matchup for Lambert hurt in the first half, he'll still be valuable when we play some of the bigger PAC12 centers.

I keep wondering how we scored 26 in the first half and 57! in the 2nd. Well aand 2 guys (CW, KJ of course) scored 41 of those 57, it was them dropping a couple of 3's and especially driving to the basket 1-1, with some better ball movement maybe. I am curious what halftime adjustments were made or if CW,KJ just took it upon themselves. If we can duplicate anything close offensively to that we'll be fine, particularly if TDS figures it out., he does have too much talent to be so ineffective sometimes. And I feel like the matchup for Lambert hurt in the first half, he'll still be valuable when we play some of the bigger PAC12 centers.
Lampkin played a very disappointing game. Scott was quiet but had a great game for them. It seems like CSU always has a thick bodied short big that has no vertical game but just does a lot of good dirty work. I'm interested to see how they do against Washington tonight.

Preview for the Pepperdine game - https://cubuffs.com/news/2023/12/2/mens-basketball-buffaloes-host-waves-sunday

"

Buffaloes Host Waves Sunday​

December 02, 2023 | Men's Basketball

By: Troy Andre, Associate Director/Athletic Communications
THE BUFFALOES: Colorado is 5-2 after falling in its first true road contest of the season, 88-83, to No. 20 (AP)/No. 21 (Coaches) ranked Colorado State on Nov. 29.

The Buffaloes return home where they are a perfect 4-0 this season and have put up some impressive numbers. Colorado is averaging 90.3 points while shooting 56.8 percent overall from the field an 48.1 percent from 3-point range. The Buffaloes are dishing out an average of 22.8 assists per game at home and hold a plus-10.3 rebounding margin on their home court.

Colorado owns a scoring margin of plus-23.5 points while holding opponents to 38.2 percent from the field.

ABOUT THE WAVES: Pepperdine is 4-5 overall, snapping a four-game skid with a 77-62 home win over Idaho State on Nov. 28. The Waves will be playing in just their second true road game of the year, the other a 79-78 setback at UC Davis on Nov. 9.

Pepperdine averages 75.1 points per game while shooting 46.7 from the field. The Waves are the West Coast Conference's top 3-point shooting team at 38.5 percent. Defensively, Pepperdine allows 72.1 points while opponents are shooting 48.8 percent from the floor.

Junior wing Michael Ajayi averages 18.7 points and 10.9 rebounds and enters the weekend as the nation's top rebounder by number (98) and eighth by average. Ajayi also has six double-doubles, which leads NCAA Division I through Nov. 30. Houston Mallette averages 18.4 points and leads the Waves with 24 3-point field goals. Malik Moore averages 10.0 points and 2.6 assists per game.

THE SERIES: This will be the eighth meeting between Colorado and Pepperdine with the Waves holding a 4-3 series lead. Pepperdine has won the last two, including the last meeting in Boulder, 78-72, on Dec. 4, 2006. Colorado's last win over Pepperdine was a 65-61 decision at the CU Events Center in the 1999 NIT.
"

We should absolutely DOMINATE these dudes on the boards today. If we're not angry and come out and bully them to the tune of a 20-25 point win, we should be concerned.

I know they suck but we look fantastic so far.

****ing love that Cody already has 11 on 5/8 shooting, not getting him involved early against CSU is the main reason we lost. Pretty obvious Tad has made it a priority this game to get the ball in his hands.

At some point you need to go with the guy who wants the ball. I think Da silva is a great role player. He's great at what he does. But with 2 minutes to go in a tight game he's looking for the pass. I think you want someone who's looking to score.

Referees have absolutely made this half about them. First half had nice flow for both teams. 2nd half = ticky tack fouls all over the place.

Sooooo…

How bad is Joe Hurlburt if 2 true freshman and a walk on have leapfrogged you at your position.

If nothing else, it opens up another scholly next year.
He gone.
Drew Goodman just said (multiple times) that Hurlburt is a walk-on. I don't believe that's the case.

We did what we were supposed to do. The one gripe I have is that we gave up a few more offensive rebounds that we’d like.

My heart tells me that if we lead by 24 at half time we should win by close to 50. My brain knows that isn’t the case.

Beginning to see glimpses of why Dak did not want to red shirt., upside seems apparent. (And why Hurlbert will need to go portal somewhere he can play).
Dak could be the steal of the entire 2023 class. And I’m not just talking CU’s class.

CSU is a good team(top 20). CSU was favored. We played CSU in their building, CSU got a little home-cooking from the refs. We came out flat. We lost on the road (like most teams do in even match-ups in college basketball).

This happens every year to almost every team in the NCAA, yet the shock and handwrining never changes on here.

It is like no one gambles on college hoops.
Even?!

CU has a massive talent advantage over CSU.

Back