What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread - (RV) Men's bball on the road vs. #20/21 CSU (Wed., 11/29/23, 7:00 PM) & hosting Pepperdine (Sunday, 3:00 PM MT)

Lower body injury

LINK
Thanks -

If he is expected to miss a large portion of the season I wonder if Tad would look to take off Courtney Anderson's redshirt? Buff are real thin at the guard spot already and obviously Cody is going to get a lot of minutes in the backcourt.

Media after yesterday's win:

Article - https://cubuffs.com/news/2023/12/3/mens-basketball-buffs-roll-past-pepperdine

"

Buffs Roll Past Pepperdine​

December 03, 2023 | Men's Basketball, Neill Woelk

By: Neill Woelk, Contributing Editor
BOULDER — Colorado built a big early lead Sunday and never let up as the Buffaloes rebounded from a loss to Colorado State to post a 91-66 win over Pepperdine at the CU Events Center.

Tad Boyle's Buffs improved to 6-2 overall — 5-0 at home — while the Waves dropped to 4-6.

Colorado put four players in double figures, with Tristan da Silva leading the Buffs with 22 points on 5-for-5 shooting. CU freshman Cody Williams had his second straight 20-point performance, finishing with 21 on 9-for-13 shooting, KJ Simpson tallied 15 points and four assists and Julian Hammond III added 10 points and four assists.

CU never trailed, jumping out to a 17-9 lead less than four minutes in, then using an 11-0 run to push the cushion into double digits. A J'Vonne Hadley bucket at the 8:02 mark pushed Colorado's lead to 38-18 and the Waves never cut the deficit below 20 again.

The Buffs dominated the stat sheet, shooting 57 percent (31-for-54) from the floor, including 7-for-13 from long range. CU held the Waves to just under 38 percent from the floor (24-for-64) and the Buffs had a 41-29 edge on the boards.

Colorado also finished with a 48-22 edge in the paint and the Buffs finished with 22 assists.

Houston Mallette led Pepperdine with 15 points while the Waves' leading scorer, Michael Ajayi, had just 13 points on 4-for-18 shooting.

"I challenged a couple of our guys I met with after the Colorado State game," Boyle said. "We had a team a couple years ago that didn't lose back-to-back games until late January, maybe February … I think this team can be that kind of team in terms of their resolve and learning from the things that we don't do well and taking that into the next game. I thought we bounced back emotionally, we bounced back with the way we played and had some really efficient offensive performances tonight and some really good defensive performances."

TURNING POINT: Colorado used an 11-0 run early in the first half to build a double-digit lead and the Waves never threatened again.

WHAT IT MEANS: The Buffs continue to play well at home on both ends of the floor. Now they have to figure out a way to take that consistency on the road.

KEY STATISTICS: Colorado shot 57 percent (31-for-54) from the floor, including 7-for-13 from long range … CU held the Waves to just under 38 percent from the floor (24-for-64) … The Buffs had a 41-29 edge on the boards and also finished with a 48-22 edge in the paint while recording 22 assists.

NEXT UP: The Buffs head to Brooklyn next Sunday for a noon matchup with the Miami Hurricanes (ESPN2) in the NABC Brooklyn Showcase at the Barclays Center. Miami, a Final Four team last April, was ranked No. 8 in the nation heading into this week's play but could see that ranking drop slightly after a loss at Kentucky.
"
________________________________________________________________________________

Box score - https://cubuffs.com/sports/mens-basketball/stats/2023-24/pepperdine/boxscore/16556

I mean, in basketball, you can make the argument that CSU is a better program all-time compared to CU
Are You Sure Come On GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Back