What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hawk Backers, where you at????

I don't get the playcalling? I don't get the personnel decisions? I don't get the lack of preparedness? I just don't get it.

I have been real patient with hawk but how does your team come out flat against CSU at home. And to see those green clad idiots celebrating on our field was revolting.

He better beat WVU and toledo or this is going to get real ugly real fast

I openly questioned our "Power Running game" and our OL before this debacle. This is what I heard.

Well, unfortunately you were right. I just don't get it though. :sad2:

It's a stupid argument. He openly stated he wouldn't come to CU.

Right, but he is doing a great job for the tar holes, I hate to admit. They were abysmal in 2006, the year before he arrived. :huh:

Well, unfortunately you were right. I just don't get it though. :sad2:

Right, but he is doing a great job for the tar holes, I hate to admit. They were abysmal in 2006, the year before he arrived. :huh:
He went with the Heels because they have some great Boosters that were going to back him up. Along with the school. It seems like Hawkins is always fighting with the school about everything. I think this is what Neu was talking about when he left for UCLA. "the have and have nots". :sad1:

He went with the Heels because they have some great Boosters that were going to back him up. Along with the school. It seems like Hawkins is always fighting with the school about everything. I think this is what Neu was talking about when he left for UCLA. "the have and have nots". :sad1:
I believe we hired Hawk before Butch was hired by NC.....he is a much better recruiter than Hawk.

this is bull****...we looked like ****! All coaching...no question about it. Where were our stars, come on Hawk! Pathetic.

I believe we hired Hawk before Butch was hired by NC.....he is a much better recruiter than Hawk.

They talked to Butch but he wasn't ready to jump back into coaching at that time and he wasn't comfortable with the atmosphere at CU at that time..

The next coaching search will be more about football, than other stuff that we needed to improve (PR)

They talked to Butch but he wasn't ready to jump back into coaching at that time and he wasn't comfortable with the atmosphere at CU at that time..

The next coaching search will be more about football, than other stuff that we needed to improve (PR)

Hawk is done, his zen BS and words are OVER. This loss will be the complete downfall of this program, freaking csu at home!

Well, I guess the bandwagon to fire this POS Hack of a coach I joined last year has just grown exponentially. :huh:

I would expect a former CU player - given the fact that Hawkins was so far in left field when this hire was made.

Bohn is going to need to appease his alums / boosters with his next hire.

Sad but true about your point on Neu. And Davis went to a school that clearly is and always will be a b-ball school, yet it was still an easy call for him. :huh:

hawk reminds me of switzer when he coached the cowboys, he just stands there and it looks like they a piping in KOSI into the headphones. zen and calmness is one thing, emotionless and ineptitude is another. don't want to over react but what is left to do?

I am begining to think all of the coaches who leave Boise are in over there heads, none have had any success. Its time for EB as head coach, Cabral as D-coordinator, and Embree as O-cooridinator. At least we would be able to recruit, and the team would have some passion. Plus CU can't afford a big name coach and we can't risk taking the next big thing from the hot non-bcs flavor of the month. These coach who come from the pros just seem to be more prepared and organized.

hawk reminds me of switzer when he coached the cowboys, he just stands there and it looks like they a piping in KOSI into the headphones. zen and calmness is one thing, emotionless and ineptitude is another. don't want to over react but what is left to do?
Fans always like the fired up coaches on the sidelines.

But What would the team say if he's losing control on the sidelines? It'd be over pretty quickly.

One difference, Barry actually won games with the Cowboys and had a winning record..

Hawk looks clueless on the sideline. Its really pathetic.

I am begining to think all of the coaches who leave Boise are in over there heads, none have had any success. Its time for EB as head coach, Cabral as D-coordinator, and Embree as O-cooridinator. At least we would be able to recruit, and the team would have some passion. Plus CU can't afford a big name coach and we can't risk taking the next big thing from the hot non-bcs flavor of the month. These coach who come from the pros just seem to be more prepared and organized.
Houston Nutt hasn't had any success? :lol:

Embree, EB and Cabral? take the Buff sunglasses off for a second there bud. Not going to happen.

I think Cabral has earned a shot. We aren't going to spend the money to get a "big" name coach. So, lets go with someone with fire and who has gotten his job done for 2 decades.

WOW and we have to take this team on the road to TX with hawk under center, and the other hawk on the sidelines......

Fans always like the fired up coaches on the sidelines.

But What would the team say if he's losing control on the sidelines? It'd be over pretty quickly.

But I don't see him coaching, he says nothing, he does nothing. I can't understand why you defend this complete debacle? If you were diehard there has got to be a line, and I think we have crossed it. You have to admit it was one of the most horrible jobs of coaching for a coach who has been there as long as hawk has been here.

Buff Sunglasses? Barnett was a CU guy, understood the conference and the hurdles at the school, actually wanted to be here, and had some success. The difference is EB, Cabral, and Embree can all recruit.

Hawk love has run it's course, you can't keep convincing kids that you are on the way up if you never get up. After a peak two years ago the downward turn has come back, last years class was down, kids can't get in to school, and there aren't any great signs on the horizon that the classes are going to improve.

Hawk love has run it's course, you can't keep convincing kids that you are on the way up if you never get up. After a peak two years ago the downward turn has come back, last years class was down, kids can't get in to school, and there aren't any great signs on the horizon that the classes are going to improve.
:lol: Okay. :lol:

I was a backer....but I'm completely done now...HAWK NEEDS TO GO! 2 of the 3 most embarrassing losses in the past 10 years have come at the hands of Hawk & his poor coaching....

It's sad to say, but I'd trade Hawk & millions of dollars for Steve Fairchild.....as he's obviously done more for CSU in his 1 year than Hawk has ever done for the Buffs in 4

Back