What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hawk Backers, where you at????

I love you too man :lol:

Damn valdezj, it's my 42nd B-DAY, found out my mother has cancer in her lungs today and the buufs come up with this performance? I'm hurtin' bro, really hurtin".
Ouch. I'll keep you in my prayers. That's some horrible news. :sad1:

Talent doesn't equal wins jimmy. You know that. Bad coaching can ruin a team. But let's not tell ourselves that Hawks a bad recruiter. that's just not true.

I'm sorry, you know you can give me the four star from here, the 3 star from there, the HS All American here and so on. But what I see on the field doesn't really match up to great talent, so I find it hard for me to say that Hawk has recruited well.. Some kids will always be overhyped coming out of high school that not even great coaching can change that..

I watch a lot of the games around the country, and I just don't see the same kind of players at CU that I do at other places.

Its mind boggling that CSU has better looking receivers than we do and Hawk is in his fourth year.. I mean , I don't know how that's possible unless you really have no clue how to recruit.

I'm sorry, you know you can give me the four star from here, the 3 star from there, the HS All American here and so on. But what I see on the field doesn't really match up to great talent, so I find it hard for me to say that Hawk has recruited well.. Some kids will always be overhyped coming out of high school that not even great coaching can change that..

I watch a lot of the games around the country, and I just don't see the same kind of players at CU that I do at other places.

Its mind boggling that CSU has better looking receivers than we do and Hawk is in his fourth year.. I mean , I don't know how that's possible unless you really have no clue how to recruit.
I've never been much on how many stars the so called experts give out. And I've received plenty of flack for it.

Look, I'm drunk enough that I really don't want to read this entire thread. However, I will say I KNEW that syko and JimmyBuff would be all over this ****. Syko - I'm sorry about your mom though - prayers go out to you and your family.

Still though - get a grip. Look, I"m upset at the coaching staff right now. I put this loss entirely on them - our team looked really under-prepared for the game. From Cody taking forever at the line to snap the damn ball to our defense missing assignments (or at least from what I could tell and in my opinion), our team lacked preparation. What the **** were we practicing all these weeks for? This loss goes solely on them, but we do not get rid of Hawk after this season. You lose a lot if you do, and calling for someone's head is just immature.

Sure he did. CU beat OU in 2007 in Boulder.

Any team can upset a team on a rare occasion. That is not what makes a good coaching tenure. What does make for a good coach is the ones who can consistently beat teams that he should beat AND still sneak in those wins against the top 10s. This is usually CSU's problem. They can beat us once every 4 years or so, but then go on to lose about half the rest of their games.

When we lost to Montana St and then barely slip by another D2 team, the writing is on the wall of what to expect.

Bienemy for Head COACH!! J/k but would be nice to consider.

Don't joke about that. Be serious about it. I don't know why people think EB as HC is such a taboo topic. Sure he is green and young, but the guy has been around the block and knows the game.

Besides I would almost prefer someone who doesn't have some elaborate "system" that only his son knows. EB probably knows one way to play football, and that is smashmouth. No gay systems. Hell, maybe he will bring back the option.

I want to know why:

1 year ago CSU hires Fairchild, who takes over a struggling program.
1 year ago NU hires Pelini, who takes over a struggling program.
3 years ago CU hires Hawkins, who takes overa struggling program

Why have Pelini and Fairchild already had much more success in their first year than Hawkins has had going into year 4? Why did CSU and NU win a bowl game last year, while Hawkins has had 3 losing seasons?

Enough with the BS about it's only because Barnett had us in the dumps. We were in the dumps, but now we are WORSE. NU and CSU were doing poorly as well, and now look at those two squads.

This is ridiculous, and it appears that some Buff fans would rather blindly follow Hawkins than admit that they were possibly wrong about his skills.

The biggest problem I saw was the OL. That said, it left the DL on the field way too long. Not sure if the two freshmen on the defense was such a good idea?

Don't joke about that. Be serious about it. I don't know why people think EB as HC is such a taboo topic. Sure he is green and young, but the guy has been around the block and knows the game.

Besides I would almost prefer someone who doesn't have some elaborate "system" that only his son knows. EB probably knows one way to play football, and that is smashmouth. No gay systems. Hell, maybe he will bring back the option.

I here ya brutha! I knew was an idot last year at the KU game. I just saw no gameday coaching what so ever. Doesnt know how to turn opportunities into TDs. How many times have we seen the team go the red zone only to come up with a FG or worse a shank.

How many times do even amatuers and outsiders see the blatant mistakes Hack makes. How many times do he even have a hard time beating mediocre and smaller teams. Even f-in team look like a Natl Champ when they play Hacks' teams.

In the spirit of bringing back legends to right the ship, a la KJuco and Nubs,
PLEASE or PLEASE, Coach Mac come back to CU!! Even if only for 5 yrs!

I see Darrell Scott potentially transferring after the season. He's got mad talent and our offense has absolutely no direction.

I want to know why:

1 year ago CSU hires Fairchild, who takes over a struggling program.
1 year ago NU hires Pelini, who takes over a struggling program.
3 years ago CU hires Hawkins, who takes overa struggling program

Why have Pelini and Fairchild already had much more success in their first year than Hawkins has had going into year 4? Why did CSU and NU win a bowl game last year, while Hawkins has had 3 losing seasons?

Enough with the BS about it's only because Barnett had us in the dumps. We were in the dumps, but now we are WORSE. NU and CSU were doing poorly as well, and now look at those two squads.

This is ridiculous, and it appears that some Buff fans would rather blindly follow Hawkins than admit that they were possibly wrong about his skills.

There are numerous examples of other schools doing better in year than CU can in 4. Look at Tenn and Wash! Utah and BSU didnt miss a beat when their HCs left. We need Kragthorpe, or Bronco from BYU, or phuck, even give Cabral a chance to bring back REAL smashmouth football from the 80s and 90s since he was here and saw it ran for himself.

I could barely sleep last night. I am totally distraught. I have been a big time defender of Dan Hawkins. He let me and every CU fan, especially us that supported him, down. Luckily, I am not the AD because if I was, I'd fire his ass right now. Of the three DI coaches in the state, he is a distant third. He is a joke. Hey Dan, THIS IS DIVISION 1 FOOTALL BRUTHA! Asshole.

The main problem for me here is that if what we saw last night is the true level of this team, it´ll make me have to rethink what to make of 2008 as well. Up until last night I was willing to give the coaching staff some leeway for what happened last season because I believe (or maybe believed?) that 2008 was mainly down to injuries, especially on the OL ... but the injured players are back now and it´s time for Hawkins to get some results. No excuses.

I hope last night was the wake up call they needed, but the trend isn´t looking good.

I'm off the Hawk bandwagon. Pitiful display last night. I don't know if I have been more ashamed in my CU career then I was last night watching the CSU fans dance on OUR 50 yard line

I'm with you DBT.

I've never seen you so ticked as in chat last night, and rightfully so.

Dan needs to be axed.

I'm not a huge Hawk supporter. But this was game of talented underclassmen (CU) verse experienced upperclassmen. (people that have had way more time in the weight room and with the playbook) The fact we had a walk on center playing against a couple of seniors might explain why the running game sucked. But yeah, we should have played Scott some more. Also, our recievers just suck. But next year, with a redshirt Ussery, and Darden, even Kasa, this team will be good. Our O-line is stll young as Hell too. I only expect this team to get way better a la Weis in Notre Dame. Remember how bad that talented O-line sucked last year.

I'm not a huge Hawk supporter. But this was game of talented underclassmen (CU) verse experienced upperclassmen. (people that have had way more time in the weight room and with the playbook) The fact we had a walk on center playing against a couple of seniors might explain why the running game sucked. But yeah, we should have played Scott some more. Also, our recievers just suck. But next year, with a redshirt Ussery, and Darden, even Kasa, this team will be good. Our O-line is stll young as Hell too. I only expect this team to get way better a la Weis in Notre Dame. Remember how bad that talented O-line sucked last year.

Part of me agrees with what you are saying, but the coaching decisions and lack of urgency makes me wonder if we will ever see Hawk pull it together..

I hear you. But basically I think these are excuses.

It doesn't explain the flat effort in preparing for a bitter rival with a little-brother in-state program.

It doesn't explain the poor schemes.

It doesn't explain why CU's top playmakers weren't given the ball.

It doesn't explain getting significantly outcoached by the other team.

I hear you. But basically I think these are excuses.

It doesn't explain the flat effort in preparing for a bitter rival with a little-brother in-state program.

It doesn't explain the poor schemes.

It doesn't explain why CU's top playmakers weren't given the ball.

It doesn't explain getting significantly outcoached by the other team.

Agreed.. That's why its so hard to give the coaches a pass on this.. Its time for Hawk to overachieve right now with the players he mostly has recruited here.

Being unable to adjust your personnel is on the coach, being unable to get plays called is on the coach, having the team come out with no energy is on the coach, being unable to run a hurry up offense when down by two touchdowns in the 4th quarter is on the coach, repeatedly getting beaten the same way down field is on the coach. Getting beaten solidly in the first game 2 of the last 3 years is on the coach, not having your most talented players on the field is on the coach. Too many excuses not enough results IS ON THE COACH.

Back