What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

HCMM hangs up on radio show

Travis asked Mac, "did you have any interest from other programs?" Mac said, "No Comment." Travis said, "so that means yes?" Mac said, "No, it means no comment. Really didn't want to get into this. Bye"

So yes Clay Travis was badgering and trying to put words into Mac's mouth.

Dude is a schmuck. Plati is still an idiot though.
A little out of the loop..who's Clay Travis? Not familiar with

So, here is the quote from Plati's message:

"The interview was nothing how it was presented to us."

the guy ran a scam and P got pissed - nobody but CU fans give a damn about it
I don't care and I'm a huge fan.
He can hang up on every damn reporter if he wins and keeps running a clean program. When he was losing every game, he couldn't do this, but now I love it.

For those saying MM shouldn't have gone on his show, he went on Clay's show about a month ago.

It was a rather innocuous question and should be expected for a coach who just had one of the best 1-year turnarounds ever at a P5 program, and Mac should've had a better reaction than hanging up. Not a good look.

Good for MM. Called Travis on his BS. It was obvious he wasn't going to ask any questions about CU Football, so why bother. Plati gonna Plati, whatever.

Yeah, I'll trust Plati over some slapdick radio feeb.

So, the gist of this thread is that Plati is getting blamed because our HC hung up on a known douche bag radio personality when lied about the interview to get MM on?

Hilarious.

MM probably knew what a dbag this guy was and hung up when he smelled the turd. Hell, Plati might have even been sitting next to MM for all we know and suggested he hang up.

So, the gist of this thread is that Plati is getting blamed because our HC hung up on a known douche bag radio personality when lied about the interview to get MM on?

Hilarious.

MM probably knew what a dbag this guy was and hung up when he smelled the turd. Hell, Plati might have even been sitting next to MM for all we know and suggested he hang up.

No. Plati is only getting blamed for how Plati handled the fallout from something we didn't see as a big deal with continuing actions that have thrown gasoline on a small flame.

Why send that tweet? Just let it go, Dave. Honestly I think the guy has anger issues.

Clay Travis (who has a huge audience in SEC land) was trying to get CU's permission to post Plati's email and voicemail. Thankfully, it doesn't seem like that's going to happen. But one of the things Plati allegedly said was something to the effect of, "No one from Colorado or the Pac 12 will ever be on your show again!"

Clay Helton was on Clay Travis' show this morning.

Clay Travis (who has a huge audience in SEC land) was trying to get CU's permission to post Plati's email and voicemail. Thankfully, it doesn't seem like that's going to happen. But one of the things Plati allegedly said was something to the effect of, "No one from Colorado or the Pac 12 will ever be on your show again!"

Plati thinks he has way more power than he does. So annoying

If Clay was asked by Plati pre-interview to stay away from those specific questions and completely ignored that request, that is very unprofessional. However, based on his reactionary conversation with his producer after MM hung up, I don't know if that's really the case. He seemed extremely surprised when MM hung up and said, "I hadn't even gotten to asking about his DC leaving for Oregon", as if it was a given that he was going to talk about that.

In all honesty, does anyone truly believe his question was that egregious? He asked the unanimous National COY if he had received any calls or offers about other jobs. What did Mac and Plati think the interview was going to be about? The matchup in the Alamo Bowl? Nobody outside of CU and OSU fans care about that game, let alone Clay Travis and his SEC country followers. IMO, Mac should have handled it better than he did, but something tells me Plati basically forced him to hang up when Clay kept pushing. I think this is on Plati.

Has it occurred to any of you that when he goes on these rants and responses as he did under Marolt, Tharp, Bohn, and now George that his bosses seem to be ok with it?

I'll remind the audience that he was dinged a few years back for misuse of state property (cell phone) or something small. That was as good a chance as any to terminate an unpopular and widely disliked employee. Instead they promoted him in 2005 to Associate Ath Dir supervising Football, Mens Golf, and Skiing. He's not going anywhere.

Last edited:
Love listening to Mac. So well spoken. Cool he's taking our Boys to see Star Wars Friday.

img_0005-jpg.21858

Sorry for posting in more than one thread....but belongs here.

That whole interview was terrible. What a hack.

Seriously. Imagine if Pitt's HC Pat Narduzzi was on for an interview. Sure, as a national audience we're all interested in Matt Canada getting hired away to LSU as OC and we'd want to hear a scouting report for the Clemson and Penn State bowl games. We're interested in whether Narduzzi was offered other coaching jobs. But... if he goes on there expecting to talk about the wins over Clemson & Penn State, the upcoming Pinstripe Bowl and gaining the signature of Max Browne as his new QB... damn right he has every right to end the interview if none of that is talked about. And no one should blame him. It would be disrespectful to him and his program.

Back