What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I am trying to be patient with Sefo

No microscope needed. He had flaws, could definitely play better, but he is the best qb we have had since Klatt.

Hansen was a far better QB, IMO - but he got stuck with the absolute **** staff. Hansen on this team and we have 4 wins, maybe 5 right now.

I really like Sefo, but it's come to the point that I expect turnovers and not being able finish drives at the end of the game. He's missed open receivers for touchdowns multiple times now this year.

The defense is bad, but actually not the worst in the conference by far.You are giving the most important offensive player on a 2-7 team a complete pass. That confuses me.

I don't think he deserves a complete pass. He needs to get better. I just don't understand how Gehrke is going to fix anything or be an upgrade. I don't think anyone on our roster is an upgrade.

If we can get an upgrade at QB, I'm all for it. I'm just not in favor of benching Sefo just to bench him in making a statement. It's just my opinion, but I think an average defense, and we have 2-3 more wins

Guess I feel coaching and qb changes are what fans often push for, and rarely does it end up with a lot more wins for the program

Hansen was 10 times better than sefo. However our current options are a giant douche or a turd sandwhich. Seems like Mack Brown has been recruiting our QBs lately.

As a senior, Hansen threw 20 tds and 11 ints. He completed 56% of his passes for almost 2900 yards. That was in 13 games.

Stat wise sefo is going to crush those numbers as a sophomore.

I don't get the Hansen love.

As a senior, Hansen threw 20 tds and 11 ints. He completed 56% of his passes for almost 2900 yards. That was in 13 games.

Stat wise sefo is going to crush those numbers as a sophomore.

I don't get the Hansen love.

Yeah, Hansen wasn't as good as people would like to remember.

Yeah, Hansen wasn't as good as people would like to remember.

I didn't think he was ever the same after the ruptured spleen his junior year. He seemed a lot more tentative his senior year, imo.

Fans always love the other QB.

Because of Hawk and Cody Hansen was always the other QB and a fan favorite.

I would still rather have Sefo.

I really liked Hansen in college but I think he was completely misused. He should have been in a shanahan roll out type offense. He reminded me of Jake Plummer a bit.

Totally different offenses. I would take Tyler's arm and legs over Sefo 10 out of 10 times. In this offense, Tyler produces at a high level. Sefo has more courage, and is probably a better competitor.

You don't throw your captain starting QB under the bus and risk dividing your locker-room to appease a few knee-jerk reaction fans.

I agree with your earlier point that they evaluate these kids in practice and make the choice, but an established pattern is not a knee-jerk reaction, and the staff would make the change to try to win, not to appease us. And anyway, what inside knowledge of the locker room do you have, that Gehrke wouldn't have the support of the team?

Totally different offenses. I would take Tyler's arm and legs over Sefo 10 out of 10 times. In this offense, Tyler produces at a high level. Sefo has more courage, and is probably a better competitor.

Are you talking leapfrog or football?

I agree with your earlier point that they evaluate these kids in practice and make the choice, but an established pattern is not a knee-jerk reaction, and the staff would make the change to try to win, not to appease us. And anyway, what inside knowledge of the locker room do you have, that Gehrke wouldn't have the support of the team?

I claim no inside knowledge. But one QB is a team captain and the other is the backup QB.

Am I the only one who thinks Sefo is getting pressured and forced out of the pocket a lot and that he is just not real good at throwing under pressure and/or on the run? He just seems a bit flustered and quick to, sort of, go into scrambling mode or just throw without really giving the play a chance.

Am I the only one who thinks Sefo is getting pressured and forced out of the pocket a lot and that he is just not real good at throwing under pressure and/or on the run? He just seems a bit flustered and quick to, sort of, go into scrambling mode or just throw without really giving the play a chance.

Sefo doesn't perform well under pressure. He is unable to take a situation that has broken down and make something positive happen. It's maddening, and incredibly frustrating to see game after game be right there for the taking, only to be given away.

Sefo is playing like a QB who is getting hit way to much.

He throws like a guy who's ribs hurt, not a surprise considering that he has been beaten up every game from every direction.

He also plays like a guy expecting to get hit. He doesn't take the time to read his progressions instead locking in on his receiver and forcing the ball that way.

Most plays he abandons the pocket early, usually with reason but also even when he doesn't have pressure.

I am hoping that the pressure hasn't created habits he won't be able to break.

He badly needs the off-season with a chance to reset his brain clock and watch a bunch of film then work on the techniques he needs to use to be more effective.

Throws like his ribs are hurt or throws like someone with average arm strength?

Is that a ringing endorsement or what! :smile2:
Well, I have no idea how his arm strength ranks or rates. I'm not sure what the measure of arm strength is. But I've seen him make the throws he needs to make. Are you supposed to put a radar gun on him or something? His pass to DD for the touchdown was on the money. Probably a 35 yard throw. Did that require a ton of arm strength? I worry more about his brain strength.

Last edited:
Looks like he already hits his ceiling.

This game was still hopeful if he didn't have that stupid pick. And for the last drive, I don't know how to say, that would be a nice drive if we are up by 7. Not down.

His throwing to left works 1 out of 10 times. He constantly miss wide open guys.

He is a superb leader but probably a below average QB. That doesn't work in Pac 12
Afraid it looks that way. I don't see any progress. He continues to make at least one mind-boggling throw for a pick, missing open guys etc. He's a good QB, but we need him to get past these idiotic errors.

Sefo will be tossing ints forever. He will have his moments, but we're not ever going to have a Sefo throwing 8 ints in a season. He's going to turn the ball over. Maybe it'll be minimized, but it will remain a problem.

Throws like his ribs are hurt or throws like someone with average arm strength?

Both

He has never been confused with John Elway in the arm strength department. He doesn't have a gun on the best of days but his arm is adequete. When healthy and given time he can make the throws he needs to.

He also throws like someone who has sore ribs. He short arms throws now that he didn't early in the year, he doesn't rotate his body into throws as often. Sometimes you can see him wince or grimace after a throw, complete or not.

He has a lot you can question. His toughness isn't one of those things. He may be to tough for his own good sometimes but he keeps getting up and taking the next snap.

Well, I have no idea how his arm strength ranks or rates. I'm not sure what the measure of arm strength is. But I've seen him make the throws he needs to make. Are you supposed to put a radar gun on him or something? His pass to DD for the touchdown was on the money. Probably a 35 yard throw. Did that require a ton of arm strength? I worry more about his brain strength.

No, I agree with you all the way. Just the assessment is spot on in its simplicity. Made me chuckle that's all. He is a serviceable QB who is capable of making most of the throws, but not good enough to pick a team apart down the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back