What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I am trying to be patient with Sefo

this thread is full of suck. qbs get too much credit and too much blame. team game. we suck across the board but suck less than the last 2 years. we don't have nearly enough athletes or quality upperclassmen to have a chance to win conference games. sefo is what he is, just like the rest of our team right now-- we don't know if he's capped or not yet. look at how much crying was done on this site when p-rich left and no one would have thought nelson spruce would be leading the nation. yet, **** happens in a year. we should have won at least 3 games we lost this year-- that's what ****ty teams do.

we need more athletes. they need to come into the program, stay healthy and eligible and have a chance to mature. with enough raw materials, this staff will win some games. they need to recruit better. sefo is a true frosh and he was hardly a sure thing coming in. he needed work and development. he's doing it under fire right now. a primary difference between a bluechip qb coming out of hs and another guy is readiness to excel at the college level.

we have a holistic problem -- it isn't just about the qb.

this thread is full of suck. qbs get too much credit and too much blame. team game. we suck across the board but suck less than the last 2 years. we don't have nearly enough athletes or quality upperclassmen to have a chance to win conference games. sefo is what he is, just like the rest of our team right now-- we don't know if he's capped or not yet. look at how much crying was done on this site when p-rich left and no one would have thought nelson spruce would be leading the nation. yet, **** happens in a year. we should have won at least 3 games we lost this year-- that's what ****ty teams do.

we need more athletes. they need to come into the program, stay healthy and eligible and have a chance to mature. with enough raw materials, this staff will win some games. they need to recruit better. sefo is a true frosh and he was hardly a sure thing coming in. he needed work and development. he's doing it under fire right now. a primary difference between a bluechip qb coming out of hs and another guy is readiness to excel at the college level.

Yes. The reason Cal has turned it around more quickly is Sykes actually had some athletes. I see our athleticism increasing, and certainly our speed. But we can't recruit 4-5* talent who can make an impact immediately. Kids we get need a year or 2 to mature and get to the point where they can play at the BCS level. Next year, but certainly 2016, I see a team with athletes and upper classmen, who can win games. Sick of waiting...but what choice do we have?

Who/what would you say is the biggest problem with the offense?

I think Sefo has passed the oline for this distinction.

I am a Sefo fan but he is not making plays.

D is a whole different story.

So allbuffs has recruiting experts, offensive experts, defensive experts, and now a qb expert. Why the he'll are we paying these coaches so much we you idots would do it way cheaper.

I'm no expert. I didn't know you had to be to offer an opinion on AllBuffs. We'll find out how good Sefo is as the rest of the team (hopefully) progresses over the next year. Lots of kids played poorly yesterday, but Sefo was the leader of the pack. There is no way around that.

I'm no expert. I didn't know you had to be to offer an opinion on AllBuffs. We'll find out how good Sefo is as the rest of the team (hopefully) progresses over the next year. Lots of kids played poorly yesterday, but Sefo was the leader of the pack. There is no way around that.

To be fair you are the one that started calling other people retards for having an opinion that differed than yours.

To be fair you are the one that started calling other people retards for having an opinion that differed than yours.

To be fair and honest, that isn't what I said at all. What I said was that it would be full retard (a movie reference) to think that Sefo is a better QB than Stewart. Since no one said that, I didn't call anyone anything. I don't mind if you call my opinion idiotic. I think you did somewhere. But don't criticize me for proclaiming myself an expert (I didn't) or for "calling people retards" (I didn't).

For all you "numbers" guys: two records I'm pretty confident Sefo will set at CU are the career interception record and the loss record for a starting QB.

The problem with Sefo is he's just okay. On a team that's rebuilding out of the depths, and has plenty of problems, having an okay QB is really frustrating.

Because if we could find a QB that's better, and maybe even someone special, this whole process would have a light at the end of the tunnel. A QB to win us games vs. one that just doesn't lose us games, or actually just loses games.

The staff comes in, they take Sefo already committed, who doesn't fit their offense very well. They take a lower tier JC QB as a backup, and then an undersized kinda project in Apsay where everyone else in conference fell off on because they found someone better. Now we got Montez, another kid with upside, but isn't gonna be ready next year, and who knows after that.

QB can make or break a program, just like in the NFL, and the staff has kinda taken a laissez faire attitude about it. They needed and do need someone better if they want to this program to get anywhere before they get fired. Sefo's not that guy, I'm hoping Apsay can take over next year at this point.

So? What would that tell us

I'm not sure it tells you much of anything since you have a tough time comprehending words. I think statistics might be hard for you.

The reason people are criticizing Sefo's play is because yesterday was not an anomaly. I don't remember seeing Lindsay turn the ball over before (certainly not multiple times). It doesn't mean he gets a pass, it means his poor play isn't a trend. I have to criticize Sefo more than I want to in response to Sefo's fan club calling him the best CU QB since ___ and creaming themselves over his inflated statistics.

I think very few are calling for him to be benched. Some, however, are rightfully concerned that the guy who looks like the starting QB for the next two years turns the ball over 2-3 times a game and leaves plays on the field. Obviously there is a lot wrong with this team. Sefo isn't the only problem and probably not the main one (defensive front 7 IMO). But if you can't understand the concern over his mistakes, I don't know what to tell you.

I'm not sure it tells you much of anything since you have a tough time comprehending words. I think statistics might be hard for you.

The reason people are criticizing Sefo's play is because yesterday was not an anomaly. I don't remember seeing Lindsay turn the ball over before (certainly not multiple times). It doesn't mean he gets a pass, it means his poor play isn't a trend. I have to criticize Sefo more than I want to in response to Sefo's fan club calling him the best CU QB since ___ and creaming themselves over his inflated statistics.

I think very few are calling for him to be benched. Some, however, are rightfully concerned that the guy who looks like the starting QB for the next two years turns the ball over 2-3 times a game and leaves plays on the field. Obviously there is a lot wrong with this team. Sefo isn't the only problem and probably not the main one (defensive front 7 IMO). But if you can't understand the concern over his mistakes, I don't know what to tell you.

great to see that you are consistent with your insults when someone has a differing opinion than you. I don't know why it bothers you so much when someone has an opinion that Sefo is a good quarterback and they also think that we have string of less than good quarterbacks. I also like this non-existent Sefo fan club that you created. Maybe we can just name it the fan of CU football 2014 who supports their current quarterback instead.

I'm not sure that anyone thinks his play is perfect or he can't improve. We know he has limited arm strength and makes poor decisions at times. I don't think his arm is getting stronger, but I hope he cuts down on the INTs as he plays more. So at this point since you don't want him benched, know that we have nobody behind him that is better, aren't you just bitching just to bitch?

Time to open up the QB position, let Gehrke get some play time see what he has. This summer/fall time to open positions and create some competition. The Buffs have to get kids on the field that "can" win. No more practice hero's, no more slotted to position because time in program. Have to find those kids that know how to win and get them on the field.

Get it that the coaches see these kids and are playing the best they see, but maybe there is a gamer sitting on the bench???

Time to open up the QB position, let Gehrke get some play time see what he has. This summer/fall time to open positions and create some competition. The Buffs have to get kids on the field that "can" win. No more practice hero's, no more slotted to position because time in program. Have to find those kids that know how to win and get them on the field.
I assume the coaching staff gives every guy on the team an opportunity to compete for a starting role. Do you not think that is the case at quarterback?

DBT - You said it perfect in one of the threads. CU needs to find the guy/guys that have the "it" factor. Someone that can will a play and eventually will a win when needed. You see that at every level of football from high school to the pros.

Well, I am quite glad I missed this. Sefo had an ok game and we lost, so he gets roasted. Life of the QB. I agree with Duff though, guy needs to get off this plateau sometime soon.

great to see that you are consistent with your insults when someone has a differing opinion than you. I don't know why it bothers you so much when someone has an opinion that Sefo is a good quarterback and they also think that we have string of less than good quarterbacks. I also like this non-existent Sefo fan club that you created. Maybe we can just name it the fan of CU football 2014 who supports their current quarterback instead.

I'm not sure that anyone thinks his play is perfect or he can't improve. We know he has limited arm strength and makes poor decisions at times. I don't think his arm is getting stronger, but I hope he cuts down on the INTs as he plays more. So at this point since you don't want him benched, know that we have nobody behind him that is better, aren't you just bitching just to bitch?

"To be fair," the insult is because you are throwing accusations around that are false. Because you apparently stand by your prior statements, you either (1) lack reading comprehension skills; or (2) don't take personal responsibility. I doubt the former, but whatever man. You got a bunch of guys running around here with the opinion that Sefo is the greatest QB since the McCartney era. I call that a fan club. It's cool how you get to just make **** up, but no one else can use hyperbole.

Like I said several times trying to end this beef you created out of thin air, we'll see how it plays out. I hope Sefo ends up being as great as his fan club thinks he is because it doesn't look like there is a Plan B for 2015.

"To be fair," the insult is because you are throwing accusations around that are false. Because you apparently stand by your prior statements, you either (1) lack reading comprehension skills; or (2) don't take personal responsibility. I doubt the former, but whatever man. You got a bunch of guys running around here with the opinion that Sefo is the greatest QB since the McCartney era. I call that a fan club. It's cool how you get to just make **** up, but no one else can use hyperbole.

Like I said several times trying to end this beef you created out of thin air, we'll see how it plays out. I hope Sefo ends up being as great as his fan club thinks he is because it doesn't look like there is a Plan B for 2015.

you did say this "fan club" are a bunch of neanderthals...

Why does what offense we ran 25 years ago matter at all? Time to come to 2014. So tied of hearing that we should switch the offense because that's what we ran 25 years ago.

Lots of teams today opt for the power running game. In my opinion, it's not a question of what you run, it's HOW you run it, whatever it is. What is certain is that switching strategies frequently is a recipe for current failure and future failure.

That said, I do believe there is an optimal style for CU. In my opinion, I think the best style for CU, given the CU program's strengths and weaknesses, would be a style similar to KSU. I like the risk reward trade-off of a power run game featuring a running QB. I think having an effective running QB is like having 12 guys playing on offense. There are too many things that have to go right when you pass so much. Sefo has 420 attempted passes now. That's #2 in the ENTIRE NATION, only behind the Leach's QB at WSU, of course. And Sefo has thrown 12 interceptions, 6th in the nation.

I think a run first strategy is easier to sustain as personnel changes year to year. It's easier to plug and play.

I think a run first strategy is the best way to take advantage of altitude. I think run first is the best for CU's frequently tough weather conditions in the last third of the season.

I like the idea of being rock solid. Rock solid fundamentals. The best teams with the superstar athletes can beat us, but you're going to have to earn it and come and take it from us. We won't beat ourselves.

you did say this "fan club" are a bunch of neanderthals...

Yeah, and that is what I think of the opinion that Sefo is the best CU QB since Stewart. Was my opinion poorly stated in the wake of another **** performance by CU and our QB? Yes. Next time I'll go after the opinion and not the person(s). It doesn't change the fact that Tante just made some **** up to fit his misguided rants.

:lol: AZ is going full meltdown. This is getting interesting.

Wait, I'm confused what the meltdown is? I'm going full meltdown because I pointed out you were putting words in my mouth? How so? Or is it really that you just don't have anything else to say?

You're the one who freaked out because I was critical of some other group's opinion. I guess I should have initially responded "Tante is going full meltdown. This is getting interesting" and added a cute emoticon. Live and learn.

Wait, I'm confused what the meltdown is? I'm going full meltdown because I pointed out you were putting words in my mouth? How so? Or is it really that you just don't have anything else to say?

You're the one who freaked out because I was critical of some other group's opinion. I guess I should have initially responded "Tante is going full meltdown. This is getting interesting" and added a cute emoticon. Live and learn.

wow you really hate being called out. This is almost getting comical how upset you are.

Lots of teams today opt for the power running game. In my opinion, it's not a question of what you run, it's HOW you run it, whatever it is. What is certain is that switching strategies frequently is a recipe for current failure and future failure.

That said, I do believe there is an optimal style for CU. In my opinion, I think the best style for CU, given the CU program's strengths and weaknesses, would be a style similar to KSU. I like the risk reward trade-off of a power run game featuring a running QB. I think having an effective running QB is like having 12 guys playing on offense. There are too many things that have to go right when you pass so much. Sefo has 420 attempted passes now. That's #2 in the ENTIRE NATION, only behind the Leach's QB at WSU, of course. And Sefo has thrown 12 interceptions, 6th in the nation.

I think a run first strategy is easier to sustain as personnel changes year to year. It's easier to plug and play.

I think a run first strategy is the best way to take advantage of altitude. I think run first is the best for CU's frequently tough weather conditions in the last third of the season.

I like the idea of being rock solid. Rock solid fundamentals. The best teams with the superstar athletes can beat us, but you're going to have to earn it and come and take it from us. We won't beat ourselves.

I have to agree with you on this. I think our offense is far more effective when we have a 50/50 run/pass split versus a 40/60 run/pass split. Sefo has some mobility and has the read option has worked. I think that style of football is more conducive for a team in rebuilding because you aren't relying on athleticism alone - it's more about scheme and situation match-ups. I really appreciate the dynamic offense we have, and not sure we'd need to blow anything up. Just need to stay committed to being balanced.

This is all true, but it's also the exact same story for every team on the bottom. Unfortunately, the tendency is to stay on the bottom. It's the negative snowball. The more you lose the harder it is to recruit. Without the recruits you continue to lose, making it even harder to recruit. The rich stay rich and the poor stay poor.

Back