What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Investigation completed: Meyer suspended three games

I've always believed that Michigan was the model. Public university with high academic standards, low tolerance for behavioral issues, and an expectation that coaches do not commit serious NCAA infractions.

That is not a pipe dream.

Disagree-they had Steve Fisher get in trouble with the NCAA when he coached there.

Yep. And Michigan fired him despite 3 Final Four appearances with a national championship.

Yeah-the odd thing with this is this same school (same AD-I don't know how long their president has been there) fired a national championship winning coach in Tressel for much less than this.

It comes up enough in this forum and the recruiting forum to make me think some CU fans do think it is not possible. I hope most do not think that way.
Consistent top 25 is one thing, but do you think CU has to cheat to get to a National Championship caliber?

A false choice is being presented in this thread. You do not need to cheat like crazy to be a consistent top 25 team.
Well, if the claim was that you needed to cheat to be a top 25 team, then you might have a point. Nobody ever said that, though.

tenor.gif

A couple of tsk tsks, followed with an almost perceptible shake of the head and momentary look of disapproval.

Followed up with a contract extension doubling his base pay and incentive package.

Actually suspended him for the TCU game.

Gene Smith suspended for 2.5 weeks? Huh?

I said 2 games, quite shocked they included TCU. They probably did a statistical analysis (that’s what took so long) to see if the team could beat TCU without his help before the real games.

Lmao wait. He’s only suspended through September 2nd?? So he gets to coach and game plan but not be on the sideline or in the locker room? Lmao that’s weak OSU. That’s not a suspension.

Back