What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Investigation completed: Meyer suspended three games

Remember when Urban took time away to spend more time with his wife and daughters? Yeah. He's quite the guy. Empathy is his super power.

If Urban had any doubts he was bulletproof, this should erase them. Not that he had any doubts that he was bulletproof.

Remember when Urban took time away to spend more time with his wife and daughters? Yeah. He's quite the guy. Empathy is his super power.

I’m sorry we’re in this situation?! Really How about, I’m sorry for what you endured? I’m sorry that I didn’t act more deliberately earlier. I’m sorry I didn’t ask more questions when I heard rumblings.

What a douche bag.

I feel like either firing him or nothing at all would have been better than this. At least with nothing at all they could have played the innocent/"he notified his superiors" card (albeit extremely questionable total bullsh!t with respect to timeline and other lies about it). Three games essentially admits they know he was in the wrong, but winning is more important than doing the right thing.

Last edited:
So keeping mum about tattoos gets you fired but when it comes to domestic violence.. 3 game suspension. Okay.
Tattoos are a special benefit, which is an NCAA violation. Tressel then lied directly to NCAA investigators, which was much worse than the actual infraction.

Regardless, the most ridiculous thing here is the hoops OSU jumped through to try to explain this away. Their "investigation" report said that Urban's behavior is understandable due to having a blind spot because of his close relationship to Earl Bruce and also suggested that some medication that Urban takes can cause memory issues. Seriously.

Urb looks like an ass-clown and it's hard to picture them not losing recruits over this mess. Recruits have mom's and mom's see what a lying POS this man is. Mom's don't want their boys to be entrusted to lying POS's. Wake up America.

....and also suggested that some medication that Urban takes can cause memory issues. Seriously.
140fhs.jpg

ohio state has been a cesspool of sanctimony, cheating, and lawfulness for decades.

woody ****ing hays.

jim ****ing tressel.

they are the most deplorable team in the big10 and that includes the relatively recent inclusion of the fuskers and it includes pedo-state.

ohio state is everything that is wrong with college sports and that will never, ever change. **** them forever.

So who do we root for in Big Ten East games between Ohio State, Michigan State, Penn State and Maryland?

The judgementalness and sanctimony of you and many in the CU fan base is pathetic. Whether it’s political or college football related, your self righteousness indignation is nothing but an ego trip.

The judgementalness and sanctimony of you and many in the CU fan base is pathetic. Whether it’s political or college football related, your self righteousness indignation is nothing but an ego trip.
I'm notoriously bad with sarcasm. Was your post intentionally ironic? If so, that second sentence was masterful. (y)

And all of that despite Gene Smith having sent Urban a text message just prior to the media days, telling him to be honest about his knowledge of the 2015 assault. Just really tough to reconcile the findings in the report with the punishment imposed.

Back