What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell officially named Colorado HC

I agree, but does it really matter to them if we all click the link to see what they are saying anyway?

(Yep, I did...)

Just popped over to 247 where posters there admit to emailing football scoop fake news about coaching hires only to see them bite on things like that. Adam M. said earlier in the week he's heard nothing on Calhoun for one.

I hope they don’t, because the two guys they have listed there are entirely underwhelming.

There is no ****ing way RG goes with an I-25 hire.

I personally think BB is a long shot, too.

Maybe someone leaked it so some of the slightly better but still underwhelming candidates will look better when they're introduced.

There is no ****ing way RG goes with an I-25 hire.

I personally think BB is a long shot, too.

Maybe someone leaked it so some of the slightly better but still underwhelming candidates will look better when they're introduced.

Footballscoop isn't that credible. Posters on 247 admit they've sent them fake coaching scoop and they've run with it. Adam has said he's heard very little around Troy Calhoun here. I'll say this with him after being at the Air Force game last year-that guy can flat coach. If RG hires him, I'd get behind it. He'd probably bring the Shanahan/Gary Kubiak offense up here anyway-its not hard to find a bunch of those concepts in what AFA does right now.

Hard no on Wilson or anybody else with player abuse issues in their past-Indiana seems to be doing just fine without him to boot.

Last edited:
If it's Bielema or Calhoun I'd pretty much never have expectations again.

The Calhoun hate (especially given we're doing this search in mid to late February) is odd. Remember what happened last year? That guy's a damn good football coach, and he's a pretty straight shooter too (Again, important to me after Melvin spent the last 14 months bullshitting us on his way to his little payday at Nassar U). I'd be pretty happy if he's the guy. I get questioning his ability to recruit-but if he comes here, he'd be an upgrade over pretty much everyone we've had in the last decade on gameday. We could do a lot worse-Boss Hog for example.

The only way Calhoun would work is if he comes cheap and we have a drastically improved AC budget. Great coach but he probably won't be able to recruit well enough.

Being a good x's and o's coach is less than half the battle. Can Calhoun recruit? Is there anything to suggest that he would be able to bring high level talent to Boulder? If there is any doubt about that, he should be a hard pass.

The Calhoun hate (especially given we're doing this search in mid to late February) is odd. Remember what happened last year? That guy's a damn good football coach, and he's a pretty straight shooter too (Again, important to me after Melvin spent the last 14 months bullshitting us on his way to his little payday at Nassar U). I'd be pretty happy if he's the guy. I get questioning his ability to recruit-but if he comes here, he'd be an upgrade over pretty much everyone we've had in the last decade on gameday. We could do a lot worse-Boss Hog for example.
I completely disagree. I respect Calhoun as a coach but we are constantly discussing here how jimmy’s and joes are more important than X’s and O’s, so hiring a guy who brings zero recruiting chops just because the bad man lied to us is a terrible overreaction to the Tucker situation IMO.

I don't hate Calhoun at all. He's a great coach and a perfect fit at AFA. But service academies are a very unique animal and he's been at AFA so long I am incredibly skeptical he'd translate to the Pac12. He can be a great coach and not be a fit at CU. These aren't mutually exclusive thoughts. Spending 25 years out of 29 coaching the option is not a harbinger of success in the Pac12.

Why all the hate for Calhoun? Seems to be a good coach, always does more with less since his kids has to get into the AFA. He wont run the option here, but I do like the the fact we would be a strong running team.

Back