What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Leavitt to Oregon

I've been snickering at the implications since reading of Snyder's hospitalization. Certainly don't wish Snyder anything but improved health but realize it may be the right time to take a step back from HC.

It will be a full gut busting laughter when JL interviews. Wonder if it will be full on meltdown on whOregon boards as it was here.

Holy **** that would be hysterical. Is that seriously a clause in his contract?!?! Oh please, please, please happen!! I would die laughing hysterically at Oregon. ****ing douche bags.

Out of curiosity where are you seeing this info? All I can find through google is that he may have been hospitalized, is receiving treatment and "responding well and hopes to be back for spring practice."

Reportedly was a clause in his contract.

How could jKSU NOT put him at the top of the list. With his storied history at jKSU and on Snyder's staff? Coming off a season wher he was credited with a remarkable CU defensive turnaround; a Broyles Finalist. According to whOregon accounts he is a five-star recruiter and ......... NO BUYOUT

Ahaahaahhaaa........ maybe Brady Hoke could be talked into a promotion to return to whOregon ...... ahaahaahhaaa.... would meet the criteria of overpaying and poaching from another staff, SEC no less ...... ahaahaahhaaaa

Out of curiosity where are you seeing this info? All I can find through google is that he may have been hospitalized, is receiving treatment and "responding well and hopes to be back for spring practice."

That's all I have seen too. He is, what 75. I think this is optimistic speculation but if he is to consider stepping down......

That's all I have seen too. He is, what 75. I think this is optimistic speculation but if he is to consider stepping down......

If he is stepping down, I suspect that he will wait until fall camp so that he can avoid the AD making the hire. This will force Snyder's son to be the interim HC for 2017 and give him a chance to cement himself as HC if they have a good season. And since KSU is expected to have a good team this year, it's good timing for him to be successful enough to get the job.

It was a rumor posted to RedditCFB.

Oregon: Defensive coordinator Jim Leavitt will make $1.15 million per year in a four year contract reports Andrew Greif of the Oregonian. No current Pac-12 assistants make over $1 million per year. Leavitt would owe Oregon a small buyout should he leave to accept any position other than as head coach at Kansas State which he could freely leave for.

Footballscoop.com Dec 29th 2016.

If he is stepping down, I suspect that he will wait until fall camp so that he can avoid the AD making the hire. This will force Snyder's son to be the interim HC for 2017 and give him a chance to cement himself as HC if they have a good season. And since KSU is expected to have a good team this year, it's good timing for him to be successful enough to get the job.
To follow on to what Buffnik is saying, all I have seen via a google search is that he is being treated for "a health issue". It would be easy for him to draw this out until the fall, making this scenario likely. It would also prove Snyder was in it for himself and not the university of it did unfold that way.

Bill Snyder has said that he would like his son Sean Snyder to be the next head coach, but I do not think the AD would be that receptive to that move. Sean Snyder is a former punter for KSU, and current special teams coach and associate HC, but basically coached under the old man forever.

I think Brent Venables, DC at Clemson and former KSU player, would be the #1 choice.

Leavitt would be fall back option.

Basically the move Bo Ryan decided to make after his initial retirement tease, right? Get his guy already on staff to assume the interim role and be kept after the season for consistency.

Gee Wally, why's that?

To see him bail for KSU would be great.
L9YVy.gif

Depending on the cancer stage (size) and location, he can have a portion of the larynx excised, usually with a laser, or 35 sessions of radiation therapy, or both. Radiation therapy is pretty brutal, but afterward he would likely have energy enough to coach by August. With the surgery alone, he could be on the sideline for Spring ball. Best wishes to him.

Hope the best for him. Sometimes it starts out fine and then it changes quickly. That's the way it was with my dad. I hope that doesn't happen to him.

First off have a ton of respect for Snyder. He took a program that was a black hole and figured out how to make it a winner, and has done so over a long period of time.

It is also logical that he would not make a decision about continuing to coach until he has had time to undergo the first stages of treatment and see how he reacts.

I would love to see the meltdown on the Ducks boards if Snyder were to wait until right before the start of fall camp to decide that he needs to step down to focus on his recovery and time with his family, that timing would fit with him trying to pass the job to his son. Instead KjSU decides to hire Leavitt not only taking him from the Ducks but forcing them to find a new DC right before starting camp, and also disrupting the recruiting that JL is involved with.

From what I got to see from the Mrs Leavitt, she won't let him be taking a job in Manhattan anytime soon. Perhaps UCLA.

Could really care less what happens to the leavitt's at this point. **** them. He could care less about me/us.

Back