What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Leavitt to Oregon

Unfortunately, he knew exactly what he was doing and it is incredibly unlikely that it wasn't directed by Taggart. "We need to find out who really wants to be here. Work em til they drop."
Being Mr. Toughguy is such a stupid ****ing way of "changing the culture". It's one thing to use it to weed out guys in elite military training programs who might eventually be a life or death liability in a firefight, but it's something completely different to subject college athletes to that style of training (punishment) for football games.

they didn't bring him in to recruit. they brought in a mercenary to help them get better on defense, just like we did when we hired him. he's gone as soon as he gets an hc job or someone throws even more money at him. while it is also viscerally satisfying that none of our commits flipped to the ducks, he didn't recruit worth a **** when he was here, either.

he's a defensive genius. he helped us. he went laterally to the a in-conference opponent so he's the enemy now. **** him and his pepsi. i hope he fails miserably at oregon. taggart certainly is off to a great start in that direction.

Leavitt is like a crazy, loud, schizophrenic guy you run into on Colfax who also happens to be a defensive savant. He speaks a lot of gibberish but puts together a great game plan.

What's there really to say?

If Oregon believes it can make big recruiting inroads into Florida and Georgia, Clark and Leavitt can open doors. Taken together with Taggert and other coaches brought in, they've got a good staff for recruiting that geography.

Clark does a little with LA area. Leavitt does a little with KS JUCOs and Utah.

At the end of the day, Clark was brought in to teach the MacIntyre approach to playing cornerback. Leavitt was brought in as a mercenary to work his magic as a defensive coordinator. Neither was hired for his recruiting.

Loved when he was here, reviled when he leaves for a rival. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

If they beat us with their defense at the next meeting me thinks things here could get ugly... :cry::cry::cry:

Leavitt recruiting KS's JUCO's, maybe. I've spoken with him several times. He has no idea how to recruit Utah. With Mac's values, Utah recruits should make CU a prime location. Right now, the prime recruits head to Stanford (LDS assistant coach) and USC (championship heritage). Not Utah, and definitely not BYU.

Loved when he was here, reviled when he leaves for a rival. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

If they beat us with their defense at the next meeting me thinks things here could get ugly... :cry::cry::cry:
Won't play them again until 2019 at the earliest (save for a Pac 12 CG), and by that time I don't see Leavitt being there.

I don't give a **** about Leavitt, he's gone. I'm developing a real hatred for Oregon, not the Nebraska level yet but getting closer all the time.

The whole Leavitt discussion is starting to feel like one of your friends who gets dumped by his girlfriend and continues to talk about her for months after she started banging some other dude and moved in with him. Who cares? Yes, you're right Randy, she'll never find another dude as good as you...

The whole Leavitt discussion is starting to feel like one of your friends who gets dumped by his girlfriend and continues to talk about her for months after she started banging some other dude and moved in with him. Who cares? Yes, you're right Randy, she'll never find another dude as good as you...
Diet Coke FTW!

Back