What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Les Miles Watch 2015

That was pretty cool at the end of the game tonight with his players carrying him off the field.

Amazing that they kept Curley for five **** seasons, and are even contemplating getting rid of Les after having nothing but winning seasons.

The story behind all this should be entertaining. Has to be similar to the first Saban to Texas drama.

The story behind all this should be entertaining. Has to be similar to the first Saban to Texas drama.

I think Les heard the rumors that they were thinking they were gonna make a change. So he forced their hand so he could move on with his life one way or another. Smart dude.

Nope. Gov Jindal came out in support today. So did the guys on Gameday. Sounds like public sentiment is turning in Les's favor.

This is the other angle in this story-Louisiana as a state is heavily in debt-I don't know the number off the top of my head. It doesn't matter who is buying him out-the optics of this don't look good if they did it. I suspect the politicians told the people who driving the bus on this no.

I think Les heard the rumors that they were thinking they were gonna make a change. So he forced their hand so he could move on with his life one way or another. Smart dude.

Maybe, but I doubt the public sentiment was the deciding factor. More likely that they thought they had Jimbo locked up, until they didn't. If anything the leaks probably tipped off fsu to put the clamps on Jimbo.

Last edited:
Keep hope alive!!!

Ad just gave miles the dreaded vote of confidence!!!

Let's start tracking flights!!!

public sympathy was noted by the ad as a factor.

we can't have nice things.

The Mad Hatter just outmaneuvered the LSU administration and those boosters who wanted to make a change. Good on him.
We could use a man like that ... but it's not in our immediate future, as much as I hate to say it.

I'll drink to that

les-smoothie.png

Maybe, but I doubt the public sentiment was the deciding factor. More likely that they thought they had Jimbo locked up, until they didn't. If anything the leaks probably tipped off fsu to put the clamps on Jimbo.

Either way he altered their schedule.

Wasn't it Woody Paige who said that Miles could be lured to CU back when Hawkins was fired?

And Kiszla this morning too. But nope. Just blowing made up smoke.

Way back in the autumn of 2010, when the dream of joining the Pac-12 was filled with so much promise, the Colorado AD at the time, Mike Bohn, sat me down at a tavern in LoDo and shared a vision of hiring Miles, who served as a CU assistant during the 1980s before going on to success as the head coach at Oklahoma State and LSU. Miles briefly flirted with the Buffs, but negotiations never got truly serious, and when Michigan also wooed him, he leveraged his popularity into a contract extension with the Tigers.

Last edited:
So, there's no chance RG can come up with the $20 million for buyouts and the $6 million per year in salary to swing this? I didn't think so.

So I think we all agree that IF Les Miles had actually left LSU, he would have come here, right?
No doubt about it. As a matter of fact, I think he used us as leverage to stay at LSU. He'll prolly even get a raise.

They said they decided to keep him in the 3rd quarter is what I heard. Some really strange **** with that situation.

They said they decided to keep him in the 3rd quarter is what I heard. Some really strange **** with that situation.

Either having it in the press for so long backfired and the money dried up because of the optics of the situation, or more likely Jimbo told them he wasn't coming and it was Jimbo or bust and the AD didn't have an effective backup plan.

Either having it in the press for so long backfired and the money dried up because of the optics of the situation, or more likely Jimbo told them he wasn't coming and it was Jimbo or bust and the AD didn't have an effective backup plan.
Yeah you have to think they had someone in place and they got cold feet. Either way, it was handled like ****. I think he deserved better than that. If it was me, I would've told them to go **** themselves. I wouldn't wanna work for those jackoffs. If they did this once, they will probably do it again. Les needs to find a qb and tinker with his offense. Even Stanford uses some spread concepts, you can still be run oriented.

Everything turned out exactly how The Mad Hatter wanted it to. He orchestrated the entire thing, even the lost games. If he wanted to be undefeated, he would be. No one but him will ever know the reasoning because he lives on a different level than us. God-tier. Eat grass, it's obviously beneficial.

Back