What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Les Miles Watch 2015

Our mutual friend from San Diego.
giphy.gif

George said that he has said many times in public that MacIntyre is coming back next season.
Of course he has. That's part of the game. Maybe even the truth. But do you think RG would turn Miles away because he said MM would be back?

All of this was prior to the Miles news leaking.

There is no Miles news leaking. Just a bunch of Mulder and Scully conspiracy theory.

Let's take it on face value that some wealthy CU boosters are interested in getting Miles to coach at CU. That is not news, just smart boosters talking about their wish list. There is not one whiff of credible information that Miles has interest in CU. While we are playing Myth Busters here, let's be clear that the same goes for Richt.

There is no Miles news leaking. Just a bunch of Mulder and Scully conspiracy theory.

Let's take it on face value that some wealthy CU boosters are interested in getting Miles to coach at CU. That is not news, just smart boosters talking about their wish list. There is not one whiff of credible information that Miles has interest in CU. While we are playing Myth Busters here, let's be clear that the same goes for Richt.
No need to get all shrieky about it.

Wasn't it Woody Paige who said that Miles could be lured to CU back when Hawkins was fired?

I highly doubt that anything will happen on this, but there is truth to the talk about Miles having a lot of relationships here and it being a place he likes. And it's fun to talk/dream about because it would be pretty damn allsome.

Wasn't it Woody Paige who said that Miles could be lured to CU back when Hawkins was fired?

I highly doubt that anything will happen on this, but there is truth to the talk about Miles having a lot of relationships here and it being a place he likes. And it's fun to talk/dream about because it would be pretty damn allsome.
Plus it really looks like his run at LSU is over.

I would say the odds of Les coming to CU are minuscule. I would also say the odds of you having any credible information on this or any other topic are comparable.

CU fans spending a few days dreaming about signing Les is like the guy who buys a lottery ticket every few years and spends a couple days dreaming about what could be. Nobody is hurt by it, and it can be kind of cathartic.

The problem is if someone always lives in the dream, thinking they have a real chance of winning, and regularly buys more tickets than they can afford. You know, like the lambs do when they think they have a real chance to get into a P5 conference.

Watch it. He was the OC for that game, petty sure. I could be wrong.
Wow. You are really confused. Gerry DiNardo was the OC from 1984-1990. He left to take the LSU head job before the Jan 1st, 1991 Orange Bowl. Gary Barnett took over as Offensive Coordinator.

Les Miles was the OL coach from 1982-1986.

Wow. You are really confused. Gerry DiNardo was the OC from 1984-1990. He left to take the LSU head job before the Jan 1st, 1991 Orange Bowl. Gary Barnett took over as Offensive Coordinator.

Les Miles was the OL coach from 1982-1986.

That was already covered.

Neat for you, I guess. You kinda got the... er well, you were second in thelling something that we all....

Well, we knew it but....

Cool story, bra!!!

So SD is is now an influential booster or a guy into unique relationships? He's been blowing this smoke since Hawkins was still coaching at CU.

Well, I guess it's better than being a walking cancer, is that what you called me? Then you doubled down on something about me being bald and wearing sex panther cologne? Your obsession isc quite creepy. Told you long ago, I don't swing your way. I haven't been reading/posting on this board since you started up. Have zero need to deal with your stupid and watch you troll these guys pretending to be normal. But of course I get emails alerting me to all your attention seeking insults the last week. So yeah, you win and I am responding.

A first year psychology student could nail your diagnosis. Its a defense mechanism known as projection. Whether you're calling AllBuffs posters racist and idiots, making fun of TC Ostrander or Nate Solder's recruit profile pictures or any number of your own inadequacies - you're text book niKKK.

Is this the type of grade school crap you threatened Adam with if he didn't lift your lifetime ban on rivals?

JTFC - you and your buddy have been on a rampage of unprovoked insults. What the hell is wrong with you guys? Just go away already. Pathetic.

Last edited:
So should we be rooting for LSU to win to further prove that we would be snagging a great coach, or do we want LSU to lose today to ensure he gets let go? I'm so conflicted!!!

So should we be rooting for LSU to win to further prove that we would be snagging a great coach, or do we want LSU to lose today to ensure he gets let go? I'm so conflicted!!!

i dont think today's result matters either way

I know man I just remembered it was somebody's first game as an OC for that bowl game. Just got it wrong, wasn't anything against you at all, really Duff either. I just like to argue with him :sneaky:. That was for FLA btw, I pressed quote but it didn't work for some reason? My internet has been acting up lately though, probably what it is.

Last edited:
They were talking about Jim Bo Fischer possibly to LSU. Have no idea on the validity, I'm sure LSU has an idea of direction if they are gonna get rid of Les.

Same as we won't fire MM without a plan. Neither will fire HC and open up a search. If either happen they are already done with behind the scene hanshakes and commitments.

CU fans spending a few days dreaming about signing Les is like the guy who buys a lottery ticket every few years and spends a couple days dreaming about what could be. Nobody is hurt by it, and it can be kind of cathartic.
And that dreaming can be indication how ****ty his life is now...to complete the metaphor.

It's obvious there are a lot of good HC jobs open this year without a high number of good candidates. It's gonna be a very interesting hiring frenzy. If Miles is leaving, he'll have many choices. One of the tough things about trying to build the Buffs into Top 25 program year in and year out, is the thin local recruiting base. We are in the outback, and that would be a factor if I were an established HC considering a move to CU.

It's obvious there are a lot of good HC jobs open this year without a high number of good candidates. It's gonna be a very interesting hiring frenzy. If Miles is leaving, he'll have many choices. One of the tough things about trying to build the Buffs into Top 25 program year in and year out, is the thin local recruiting base. We are in the outback, and that would be a factor if I were an established HC considering a move to CU.

While I agree that you can't populate an elite D-1 P5 football team comprised entirely of Colorado talent, I also believe that the situation is a lot different today than it was in 1985. We don't have to rely as heavily on out of state talent as we did then. Yes, we need guys from California, Texas and (now) Florida. But look at some of the guys who have gotten away the last few years and you see that we could field a pretty solid team with guys like Kozan, McCaffery, Ballage, etc.

If you cannot effectively recruit California in the Pac-12, you have the wrong coach.

Miles can recruit anywhere. We fix the Cali issue immediately with his hire. IF and that's a huge if he comes here.

Back