What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Les Miles Watch 2015

I'm falling into the trap of getting my hopes up. CU is a better job today than when we hired Mac and it's a MUCH better job than when we hired Embree. We have an AD with a clue, and the administration is at least staying out of the way if not actually helping.

There are a lot of good job openings this cycle, but Boulder is a place familiar to Miles, he hopefully has fond memories of his time here, and getting CU to bowl eligibility isn't a monumental task, but would make him a hero around Boulder. This isn't a bad job for the right coach.

If you cannot effectively recruit California in the Pac-12, you have the wrong coach.

Yep. Same as when we saw the program tank under Hawkins when they stopped being able to recruit Texas in the Big 12. Pac-12 results start with winning recruiting battles in California.

It'd be a very risky career move for Les to go to a doormat program with a toxic perennial loser mentality to try to get it relevant when he could likely make as much money elsewhere with many of the right pieces already in place. Easier to win at a place like VT, for example, that doesn't need much to suddenly be a player.

He has the second ranked recruiting class (although that's likely to change) and the team that is returning will be absolutely stacked for a national championship run.

I'm about to go watch the game with LSU fans who were absolutely convinced as of last night that Les was out, should be a very interesting night on this front.

He has the second ranked recruiting class (although that's likely to change) and the team that is returning will be absolutely stacked for a national championship run.

I'm about to go watch the game with LSU fans who were absolutely convinced as of last night that Les was out, should be a very interesting night on this front.
If they lose Les, and it looks like they will, the next guy is set up to look like a hero. Hiring Neinas could make them look like they made a good decision.

It'd be a very risky career move for Les to go to a doormat program with a toxic perennial loser mentality to try to get it relevant when he could likely make as much money elsewhere with many of the right pieces already in place. Easier to win at a place like VT, for example, that doesn't need much to suddenly be a player.
I'm not so sure a 62 year old is worried about "career moves".

I'm not so sure a 62 year old is worried about "career moves".
They do care about their legacy, however. IF you bring a program like CU "back to prominence", you could make the legacy argument. If t proves harder than you expected, then perhaps it's a risk not worth taking. Trying not to be a pessimist; it would take a unusual outlook for someone with his resume to make a decision to come here though...

They do care about their legacy, however. IF you bring a program like CU "back to prominence", you could make the legacy argument. If t proves harder than you expected, then perhaps it's a risk not worth taking. Trying not to be a pessimist; it would take a unusual outlook for someone with his resume to make a decision to come here though...

It´d definitely look strange on the surface, but I think arguments can be found why some might want to make that move. Miles is 62 and the pressure that comes with holding a high profile SEC job for 10 years will take its toll on your health, so I don´t think it´s completely out of the question that a guy might want to kick it down a notch and go somewhere where the spotlight and pressure isn´t quite as big as in the SEC ... money can hardly be an issue if the alleged buyout is anywhere in the ballpark, so he doesn´t have to chase every last dime ... he has ties to the school. It´s a long shot for sure, but that might appeal to some people.

No. Look at it this way-if you look at the record, CU isn't much better. If you watch this team, they are. Couple that with facilities and you have a fairly good situation. The problem with a full blown search is there are too many openings to do it. If you can get a Miles or a Mark Richt (doesn't he have a colorado connection?) do it. If not, bring MM back for one more year.

Miles is a hall of fame right now IMO. Started the foundation at OSU and then has taken LSU to another level.

He may decide he's out of the career ladder game and take a job where the spotlight isn't as big.

I'm pretty sure he'd bring the spotlight with him in terms of media attention. It's the constant bullsh!t with boosters and people on the street harassing his family that he'd be leaving behind. So I'm not sure he wouldn't see it as a good situation.

Haha. I don't want a coach who wants a semi retirement.But this les saga is hilarious yea or nay

Back