What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Local Media Coverage of firing/hiring - (was: Joel Klatt is having a meltdown)

Buffs4life board was never consulted..(in an official capacity) for who they wanted hired at CU.

Don't try and sneak **** like that past a lawyer Klatty.

Klatt's only hurting himself, the more and more he says the more he damages his job as a color commentator for Fox

Ok.. I can write yesterday off as "emotion" but the continuation today is immature and a complete witch hunt.

Of course we have a serious problem. But sorry if I am annoyed about a clear agenda being carried out right now. If they want to have a honest discussion about the CU athletic department, I think it would be great. But Klatt and others are not interested in doing anything of the sort.

Do I trust Mike Bohn knows what he is doing? Not really. Do I think everyone ripping on him these last two days has a better alternative? Not really.

I agree with your premise and what many here also share....my concern is that a month back people were more upset with this Administration than Embree, and now given the Embree firing it almost feels as if everyone gives them a pass now.

While I agree that the way the media and B4L guys are going at this is entirely inappropriate....I do share their's and your sentiment around questioning if Bohn is actually capable of fixing this. He's failed in most every facet with this Football program to date, and it SCARES THE HELL out of me that he's going to be making the Make or Break Hire for this program

Another failure by Bohn here and we are dead for a very very very long time

He keeps saying he doesn't want to hear excuses from Bohn, but Embree made the same excuses all day.

Local Media Coverage of the firing - (was: Joel Klatt is having a meltdown on Twitter

Can we start an allbuffs donation for a new desk and a ****load of bottled water for the next head coach?

Had I known that those were all that was needed to turn CU back into a powerhouse football team I would have organized this effort long ago.

Buffs4life board was never consulted..(in an official capacity) for who they wanted hired at CU.

Don't try and sneak **** like that past a lawyer Klatty.

Ironically, at no point during the hire did ANYONE go out of their way to disassociate B4L from the Embree hiring. Yet now, Joel is playing damage control

Last edited:
You knew the Jack Graham comparison was going to come up eventually.

Evans and Clough love nothing more than to piss CU fans off by coming us negatively to CSU.

It's so weird that all of these guys are all on the same page. I get Klatt and Al and their sidekicks.... but Sandy?

Wow. Klatt just said that you cannot move forward until you fire Bohn (paraphrase, but accurate). Wow.

I agree with your premise and what many here also share....my concern is that a month back people were more upset with this Administration than Embree, and now given the Embree firing it almost feels as if everyone gives them a pass now.

While I agree that the way the media and B4L guys are going at this is entirely inappropriate....I do share their's and your sentiment around questioning if Bohn is actually capable of fixing this. He's failed in most every facet with this Football program to date, and it SCARES THE HELL out of me that he's going to be making the Make or Break Hire for this program

The stakes couldn't be higher right now for this hire. I think most here would agree with that. Unfortunately the actions of SOME in the media are actually driving people away from their cause.

It's so weird that all of these guys are all on the same page. I get Klatt and Al and their sidekicks.... but Sandy?

Wow. Klatt just said that you cannot move forward until you fire Bohn (paraphrase, but accurate). Wow.

Sandy just loves to rip CU - I'm not surprised at all. Plus he's an ass-kisser to people he works with, so there's that, too.

I don't disagree with anything here.

The stakes couldn't be higher right now for this hire. I think most here would agree with that. Unfortunately the actions of SOME in the media are actually driving people away from their cause.

Exactly. These guys have to be held accountable for that. They are putting their witch hunt against Bohn above the interests of the program.

Camp Embree has been making me think of this since yesterday:

[video=youtube;9gSQg1i_q2g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gSQg1i_q2g[/video]

I stopped listening because I was getting too angry at my desk... What did you say and how did he react?

my text was: "Klatt - you're a joke. Instead of admit you were dead wrong with Embree and that we needed to cut bait, you're condemning the entire CU program. You now sound as though you want CU to fail just to prove a point. Nice pride. What a joke."

He then went on a Diatribe saying that I'm completely out of touch with what is wrong with CU football and then repeatedly said "Grow up! Grow up!".

What a moron.

my text was: "Klatt - you're a joke. Instead of admit you were dead wrong with Embree and that we needed to cut bait, you're condemning the entire CU program. You now sound as though you want CU to fail just to prove a point. Nice pride. What a joke."

He then went on a Diatribe saying that I'm completely out of touch with what is wrong with CU football and then repeatedly said "Grow up! Grow up!".

What a moron.
I see a new nickname, Joke Klatt.

He's just being very neutral. He isn't ripping Bohn, he thinks the problems at CU are structural, and that it doesn't necessarily matter who the AD is. He also thinks that ultimately the head coach is responsible for the performance of the football team.

Back