What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Local Media Coverage of firing/hiring - (was: Joel Klatt is having a meltdown)

He's just being very neutral. He isn't ripping Bohn, he thinks the problems at CU are structural, and that it doesn't necessarily matter who the AD is. He also thinks that ultimately the head coach is responsible for the performance of the football team.
Strange times when Sandy Clough is the voice of reason.

He's just being very neutral. He isn't ripping Bohn, he thinks the problems at CU are structural, and that it doesn't necessarily matter who the AD is. He also thinks that ultimately the head coach is responsible for the performance of the football team.

Pretty much the same thing a lot of the folks on this board have been complaining about for years.

Local Media Coverage of the firing - (was: Joel Klatt is having a meltdown on Twitter

I don't understand the Mike Bohn witch hunt. Go ahead and fire him. Fire the chancellor and the president. Kick out all the Regents.

None of that changes the fact that a coaching change was needed, and Embree and his cronies still aren't coming back to coach at CU.

If Mike Bohn was fired mid-season (let's say half way through the 2nd quarter of the Oregon game after Oregon has their third stringers in the game running three plays) and a new AD was hired, what is the FIRST thing he does after the clock hits zero last Friday? He fires Embree and every coach on the staff. It's that simple.

The attacks on Bohn are nothing more than personal vendettas being played out in the media. Don't get me wrong, there is a lot more that needs to be fixed than firing Embree and hiring someone new. NO ONE disputes that. But, the trumped up Embree v. Bohn message we're hearing is a complete red herring. It distracts from the real issues that still remain and needlessly divides the Buff community along artificial lines.

Klatt will never admit he is wrong, he just doesn't do it.

Sandy is one of those guys who only cares about how much reaction he can get to keep listeners interest. If things are slow he will say things that he knows to be unpopular just to get response. Today he probably figures that he will have callers all day either way so he can be a bit more balanced.

First ever post... I'm the guy that got Ringo to Twitter mention the desk, bottled water, admissions calls from Africa.

FYI - Fred Tesone (former Cherry Creek Bruins coach - of Embree's) is the guy that rides around in a cart checking on whom makes it to class. He is NOT an assistant coach and as far as I know, he is not involved in game planning for CU Football. Klatt bringing this up is just another misdirection play by all of these guys. None of them (Embree included) has been contrite or dead honest about the ineptitude and complete mismanagement of Colorado Football the last two years. Every excuse is directed at the "Administration". I have lost respect for some of my very favorite Buffs this week...

First ever post... I'm the guy that got Ringo to Twitter mention the desk, bottled water, admissions calls from Africa.

FYI - Fred Tesone (former Cherry Creek Bruins coach - of Embree's) is the guy that rides around in a cart checking on whom makes it to class. He is NOT an assistant coach and as far as I know, he is not involved in game planning for CU Football. Klatt bringing this up is just another misdirection play by all of these guys. None of them (Embree included) has been contrite or dead honest about the ineptitude and complete mismanagement of Colorado Football the last two years. Every excuse is directed at the "Administration". I have lost respect for some of my very favorite Buffs this week...

Somebody rep the new guy--I'm out.

Welcome.

welcome Thomas.

Really enjoying Sandy's show today. I think he is handling the entire topic appropriately.

Didn't get to listen to much of Sandy today, but I liked what I heard - especially the part about the fact that while the "specific challenges" at CU predate Embree, they also also predate Bohn.

Personally, I think Bohn has tried much harder than his predecessor at trying to make it easier to overcome the challenges that CU faces. Maybe that was because things changed very fast from the beginning of Tharp's tenure to the end, but I like the energy that Bohn has brought.

There's no denying that football at CU is a different animal than any other sport, and football at CU is different than many other schools around the country. Some of that you can lay at the feet of the AD, but a lot of the blame lies higher up than Bohn. We can hope that what we've heard over the past 24 hours is legit and there are in fact changes ahead that will make it easier to compete in Boulder, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Wow. lots of rep to noobs lately.

He identified the cart-clipboard-guy by name. Anybody would have earned rep for that. But by doing it in his first post, with an avatar already in place? That's the stuff of legend right now.

Even if Thomas doesn't post again, he deserves a Rookie of the Year Stoudt.

This Wilcots interview is fantastic. "You've got to build on what's already there. As a coach, a manager of assets and resources, you have to take what you've got and get the best out of it."

Versus imposing the west coast offense on them... :rolling_eyes:

strong first post... rep

Last edited:
Wait was Klatt saying Embree was personally checking on guys going to class?

He said that initially, then Bohn told him that wasn't true. After the call Klatt called him a liar, but then twisted the words around to clarify that the coaches weren't checking on kids in class, but that AD staff had to check on the kids, rather than SCHOOL staff. It was pathetic

He said that initially, then Bohn told him that wasn't true. After the call Klatt called him a liar, but then twisted the words around to clarify that the coaches weren't checking on kids in class, but that AD staff had to check on the kids, rather than SCHOOL staff. It was pathetic

Why would school staff check on student athletes going to class. That's just stupid. I see those guys checking everyday, Hagan does it too

Welcome - seriously, Coach Tesone was doing this?

Local Media Coverage of the firing - (was: Joel Klatt is having a meltdown on Twitter

Why would school staff check on student athletes going to class. That's just stupid. I see those guys checking everyday, Hagan does it too

They have a number of retired volunteers that confirm class attendance for student athletes that have GPA's under a specified minimum. During the time they have the low GPA, the athletic department volunteer staff confirm class attendance. When they get the GPA above the minimum, they are not subject to this. At least that is the info I got from a family member of one of the volunteers.

They have a number of retired volunteers that confirm class attendance for student athletes that have GPA's under a specified minimum. During the time they have the low GPA, the athletic department volunteer staff confirm class attendance. When they get the GPA above the minimum, they are not subject to this. At least that is the info I got from a family member of one of the volunteers.

That sounds reasonable and proper.

Doesn't look like there's an issue on this front and this line of discussion should be closed.

Back