What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Local Media Coverage of firing/hiring - (was: Joel Klatt is having a meltdown)

Klatt and some others will never forgive Bohn for firing Barnett. Bohn's only chance for getting them past that was Embree.

But Klatt and compatriots never started supporting Bohn because Embree was brought in. Rather, they tried to double down on the success of getting Embree hired and the new level of influence by getting Bohn pushed out of having responsibility for the football program. Bohn realized that there was no way he could ever appease this faction. I wish Klatt would be honest about this.

Joel Klatt is having a meltdown on Twitter

After constant rants about D2, Klatt doesn't say **** all year about the worst season in CU history other than some twitter bull**** about the situation being complicated for JE. Only now does that snake come out from under his rock to get back on his soapbox. Such a coward.

does Klatt have any leverage to make anything happen? I think Bohn just played them perfectly and kept the firing of Embree quiet so they couldn't launch a media campaign against it.

Vic Lombardi kicking Klatt's ass on the subject on The Fan right now. Vic "Joel, c'mon we all really know Bohn didn't hire Embree".

This is the thing that gets me. All of these former Buffs that were really the driving force behind Embree being hired in the first place will NEVER take a shred of responsibility for the fact that they had a hand in the complete failure of the last 2 years. They jumped on their soap boxes and used their positions in Denver / Colorado Media to make the Embree hire happen but will happily use Bohn as a scapegoat to hide their mistakes.

Klatt is talking about that right now and he says that Buffs4Life did not push for Jon. The guy didn't talk about CU all season and now he wants to talk about nothing else beside it.

He is prez of Buffs4Life and said he had no meetings with Bohn about the coaching choice, he did say there was pressure.

That's what I was saying earlier, that I don't know how he came up with "Bohn has made 4 HC decisions". If he's counting the decision to fire Barnett, then why is he not counting the decision to fire Hawk and now Embree?
I think if he did go all out, it'd sound too over the top for even the casual fan to believe. If he just slightly inflates it, then the casual fan might believe it and buy in to Joel's argument.

It's sports radio, so it'd never happen, but I'd like him to ask the question of how many ADs get to hire 3 coaches after the first 2 failed and have a reasonable dialog and go through some of those ADs that did and did not get a chance. Of course, Joel also believes that Bohn was 100% responsible for hiring Embree....

Where was he on the topic of CU football during the season as his friend led them to their worst season in history? He was awfully quiet about it for somebody who loves the program so much. I'm sure that the abject failure we all saw on the field this fall was somehow Mike Bohn's fault.

This is so true. This was the same for CJ. He was saying at the beginning of the season how excited he was, but after CSU and Sac State, he wouldn't even talk Buff football. Plus, whenever Nate Kreckman would bring up how bad CU was, CJ would act like it was a personal attack.

I would have at least appreciated honest criticism of the team, while saying they needed more time. All these former Buff media personalities simply clammed up instead to protect their own. I have no sympathy for their point of view at all.

Klatt is talking about that right now and he says that Buffs4Life did not push for Jon. The guy didn't talk about CU all season and now he wants to talk about nothing else beside it.

He is prez of Buffs4Life and said he had no meetings with Bohn about the coaching choice, he did say there was pressure.

Word is Klatt wasn´t even a Buff Club member when they pushed for the Embree hiring.

Bottom line is Klatt just has it in for Bohn and thinks that he knows better because he if a former Buff. As Nik said, he and most of the other B4L have an issue with the fact that Barnett was fired and they have been on a mission to garner more influence and evenually remove Bohn. The firing of Embree stated that there influence is over and it took some nerve to do it. Bohn now has absolutely got his name on the AD and will either succeed or be fired based on this hire. This is the way it should be and I for one am glad it has finally happened.

It also breaks the AD from the Mac line for good. My guess is you will not see coach Mac involved much at all from this point out. He was too vested and involved with Embree too vocal of a supporter. This move said that the program is bigger than one coach and that it is time to move on. I also think this was long over due.

Bottom line is Klatt just has it in for Bohn and thinks that he knows better because he if a former Buff. As Nik said, he and most of the other B4L have an issue with the fact that Barnett was fired and they have been on a mission to garner more influence and evenually remove Bohn. The firing of Embree stated that there influence is over and it took some nerve to do it. Bohn now has absolutely got his name on the AD and will either succeed or be fired based on this hire. This is the way it should be and I for one am glad it has finally happened.

It also breaks the AD from the Mac line for good. My guess is you will not see coach Mac involved much at all from this point out. He was too vested and involved with Embree too vocal of a supporter. This move said that the program is bigger than one coach and that it is time to move on. I also think this was long over due.

I agree with all of this 100%.

This was a bold move for Bohn. There is no question now who is in control of the athletic department. There should be no more discussion of an "AD for football" or any of that gibberish. The department is Bohn's baby now, and what happens in the next several years will seal his fate as a great AD or a terrible one.

Didn't he take control of the AD and put his stamp on it when he hired Hawkins?

Didn't he take control of the AD and put his stamp on it when he hired Hawkins?

Hawkins was not a bad hire at the time either. Since the Hawkins hire, you cannot honestly say that there have not been political forces in play that have kept the AD from operating effectively. If you are going to go that direction, you are mis informed.

Now Sandy is having Terry Frei on to discuss how Embree got a raw deal :lol:

"Apparently he agrees with most of you that Jon Embree got a raw deal. There will be some explaining to do from the Buffs on this one"

:lol:

Sandy Clough would like nothing better than for CU to be dog**** every year so that he never has to spend a second talking about college football. It doesn't surprise me at all that he would want to keep Embree around.

Now he is going to hedge. 'Embree got a raw deal but CU had to do it'

Not a fan of terry frei either, wasnt he right in the middle of the scandal like reilly?.

Frei is talking out of both sides of his mouth, would he feel better if Embree got a 3rd year and won 2 games? Would that be the honorable thing to do? I feel for Embree, but this is a very big business and the product on the field at the end of the season was a national joke with the statistics to back it up. As one pundit (and former coach) has said, there are two types of coaches, those that have been fired and those that will be fired. They will all land other jobs too. There is no downside to this, the program cannot go any lower. This move had to be made and the talking heads all know it.

Hey MODS ??

any chance we could start a new thread from many posts in this one and call it "Denver Talk Radio - The Day After" or something along those lines...

Back