What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lookin ahead to 2021-22

Key took a big step forward last night in my mind. I think Tad challenges him this summer to remove any doubt about whether he's the starting Buffs' PG next year, and he responds and makes some improvements. He's replacing one of the top 3 CU players ever ... tall order. But I like his game.

Aside from J-Hop being recruited as a pure PG, I want to disagree with you but can’t find solid ground to stand on.

I guess my point is, for someone who has put a few NBA point guards into the league, Tad is puzzling inconsistent with how he recruits for that position — it’s been feast or famine.

I respect what they brought to the program, but I hope the days of recruiting Taltons, J-Hops, and Colliers to fill PG starter depth are behind us. After getting so spoiled with Kin, we can’t go back to the days of guys not really contributing in any significant manner until their Senior year.

Also important to note that both Kin and Key were lucky late adds.

I trust Tad’s consistent evaluations of 3-4s all day long. Looking for improvement in 1-2s. Or at least guards that can break a damn press.
PGs are like Pro QBs = It's all heart, brains and character on the floor, under pressure!
They all look great on film or against uneven AAU/HS-level competition, but D-1 ain't "Uneven"!
If a Billion dollar Pro FB organization can miss badly on any QB (I'm looking at GOAT Brady, but-for NE, all 29 others missed, 4 times?),
Why expect Tad to always beat the odds? Askia looked much the part....until he didn't!

PGs are like Pro QBs = It's all heart, brains and character on the floor, under pressure!
They all look great on film or against uneven AAU/HS-level competition, but D-1 ain't "Uneven"!
If a Billion dollar Pro FB organization can miss badly on any QB (I'm looking at GOAT Brady, but-for NE, all 29 others missed, 4 times?),
Why expect Tad to always beat the odds? Askia looked much the part....until he didn't!
Finding a great leader type PG is hard, there aren't many of them.

You are best off if you have one (or even better two) but reality is that most teams won't.

Certainly a coach should try to find and recruit them but the good coaches will also have a plan if they don't pan out. Tad has been pretty good at this.

People always bring up Brady but how many draft choices over the years have been spent without positive results looking for the next Brady. You only have a limited number of scholarships you can give out. Try to find a quality PG and recruit him but everyone else will be doing so as well. If you get him you then work with him and hope he turns out to be what you saw in the recruiting process.

You normally can't bring in multiple guys because you need to fill other positions as well and generally guys who are PGs are not going to fill other spots if the don't work at PG.

Tad hasn't always beaten the odds but his record is pretty good He took the opportunity to get Kin when it came up. A whole bunch of top 25 type programs would love to have him right now.. He took White when he got the chance who was only good enough to become an NBA player. Spencer was a combo guy, a combo guy again good enough to play PG in the league.

No Tad isn't always right, nobody is. I'd say though that based on his track record being critical of his PG recruiting is not a place I want to go.

The straw that stirs the drink.

"Cupcakes" that put up a good struggle for a half before succumbing to an "away game, thin-air" atmosphere!
Where does CSEwe fit?

Multi-quote is your friend. Learn to use it.

Attachments

• EB12B0A4-3E09-4385-A425-3F672EC67BC9.jpeg
    EB12B0A4-3E09-4385-A425-3F672EC67BC9.jpeg
    215.1 KB · Views: 13
I'm an old man! I'm confused!

uncle leo drawn on eyebrows GIF by HULU

With Larry K leaving (thank goodness always banked on one Utah loss a year) and Bobby Hurley losing two players to this point (Taeshon Cherry) which was expected but Jaelon House who was a legacy and Eddie House's son and supposed to be their lead guard next year with Remy and everyone gone I've also seen Hurley connected to the Depaul opening. Could be an interesting offseason in the PAC.

With Larry K leaving (thank goodness always banked on one Utah loss a year) and Bobby Hurley losing two players to this point (Taeshon Cherry) which was expected but Jaelon House who was a legacy and Eddie House's son and supposed to be their lead guard next year with Remy and everyone gone I've also seen Hurley connected to the Depaul opening. Could be an interesting offseason in the PAC.
Hurley would rebuild DePaul's talent. He'd be a great hire for them.

In case anyone still thinks Kee is enough for next year. You need to 2-3 guards as good as Kin to be competitive in the Tourney.

If Tad's recruiting stays hot, this year can only help. I hope we can swim in some deep waters to grab a great transfer or a great prep guard

That's a vast overstatement.

But we need more shooters at PG & SG.
I'm really interested to see what Parquet does on offense next year.

He's shown a definite ability to slash and elevate, and to knock down open 3's and some mid range pull-ups, but did not have a ton of time with the ball in his hands relative to how much he played.

I think that was a very appropriate division of labor with him going all out on defense and the offense running through Kin.

I imagine a good part of his offseason is going to be focused on making his solid shot into a potential weapon.

A nice feature of this season with the eligibility rules is that LOB and Nique got to get their feet wet; I expect they may have been redshirted otherwise. Hopefully they can offset the loss of the shooting from Maddox, Jeriah, and D'Shawn.

I'm really interested to see what Parquet does on offense next year.

He's shown a definite ability to slash and elevate, and to knock down open 3's and some mid range pull-ups, but did not have a ton of time with the ball in his hands relative to how much he played.

I think that was a very appropriate division of labor with him going all out on defense and the offense running through Kin.

I imagine a good part of his offseason is going to be focused on making his solid shot into a potential weapon.

A nice feature of this season with the eligibility rules is that LOB and Nique got to get their feet wet; I expect they may have been redshirted otherwise. Hopefully they can offset the loss of the shooting from Maddox, Jeriah, and D'Shawn.
Parquet has a ton to offer, Evan and him MUST LEAD the team into next year. He has top PAC potential beyond just all-defense.

We will definitely need to bring in another guard from the portal, right? Or will Nique be ready to go?

We will definitely need to bring in another guard from the portal, right? Or will Nique be ready to go?
That is a question that Tad will have to answer.

He knows how good this team can be. Hard to imagine him going into next year without having someone to lead the team on the floor.

I don't see kee and nique leading us to much of anything next year.

Kee was ok in place of Kin at times, a severe liability at others. Nique barely beat the walk-ons to the floor, even in blow outs.

Without a transfer, next year is going to hurt. A LOT.

I don't see kee and nique leading us to much of anything next year.

Kee was ok in place of Kin at times, a severe liability at others. Nique barely beat the walk-ons to the floor, even in blow outs.

Without a transfer, next year is going to hurt. A LOT.

Meh. McKinley Wrights and Tyger Campbells don't just fall in your lap (except for maybe once in a lifetime). Tad will sign a PG if one good enough becomes available to him. If not, we roll with who we have--who aren't too different from what USC and the Oregon schools are putting out there in the sweet sixteen.

Key gave me hope the last few weeks. I feel decent about him being PG1 now.

We still need another PG. or two.

Both of these things can be, and are, true.
I fully expect Jessup to score 18+ PPG next year and render all concerns moot.

Is it correct that everyone in college ball has an extra year of eligibility this year?

Not really CU-specific, but how does that work with scholarships?

Going to miss Kin but I probably said the same thing about past PGs such as Ski and Dinwiddle so there can be someone better waiting in the wings.

Back