What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Looking forward to the CSU game next year

why did you guys name your arena after this guy?

600full-moby.jpg

or was it named after fans?

nom nom

681318366572ram.jpg

Ram_Ruckus_275.jpg

I believe that the feasibility report revealed that CSU will be drawing over 10k to its home games once it does a facility remodel. :wink2:
Well considering CSU students get free tickets, enrollment is increasing by 7k and the stadium will be moved on campus I think its fair to say a large increase in attendance will be seen.

CSU has sold out its 10k student tickets multiple times each year. I could easily see 15k+ students going to the games once enrollment hits 35k

Well considering CSU students get free tickets, enrollment is increasing by 7k and the stadium will be moved on campus I think its fair to say a large increase in attendance will be seen.

CSU has sold out its 10k student tickets multiple times each year. I could easily see 15k+ students going to the games once enrollment hits 35k
How. Dumb. Can. One. Person. Be. Here is a hint Gasm: He wasn't talking about football.

We're talking about basketball, OMFG. :lol:

is it still considered an arena if nobody shows up? You guys need to focus on getting people who pay money to go to the games.

How. Dumb. Can. One. Person. Be. Here is a hint Gasm: He wasn't talking about football.
Yes, but that rule applies to basketball as well.

Students get free tickets for bball and 7k extra students will definitely increase that attendance. Ignore facts much?

Isn't the Moby dump on campus? Interesting that you still can't get people to go the games - i thought that solved everything

Yes, but that rule applies to basketball as well.

Students get free tickets for bball and 7k extra students will definitely increase that attendance. Ignore facts much?

The only issue is they have to cap the student tickets at a certain number. If they didn't the stadium would be full but CSU would make no money.

is it still considered an arena if nobody shows up? You guys need to focus on getting people who pay money to go to the games.
Probably, but 2,000 paying fans and 5k students is better than 2,000 paying fans and 3k students. More people in the stands the better.

Isn't the Moby dump on campus? Interesting that you still can't get people to go the games - i thought that solved everything
That isn't the only factor but it does help. Are you really trying to argue an on campus venue doesn't help with attendance? Fail

CSU is trying to increase enrollment by a 7k? How quickly? Where the **** are the kids going to come from? No way you can maintain current standards and increase enrollment by 7k. CSU currently accepts
85.5%
of applicants. I wonder how close to 100% they will have to go.

He is right on this but not in the way he thinks. CSU is going the University of Phoenix/Arizona State model and going more for online adult type students. This won't help attendance too much.

CSU is trying to increase enrollment by a 7k? How quickly? Where the **** are the kids going to come from? No way you can maintain current standards and increase enrollment by 7k. CSU currently accepts
85.5%
of applicants. I wonder how close to 100% they will have to go.
I don't recall the timeline, but it's obviously not going to happen in one year.

Also last I checked CSU's acceptance rate is at 71%, and academic standards have increased each year over the last couple years

He is right on this but not in the way he thinks. CSU is going the University of Phoenix/Arizona State model and going more for online adult type students. This won't help attendance too much.
LMFAO. No. We. Are. Not. The 35k doesn't include online students, and the past 3 years and years moving forward has been catering campus to 35k students.

Adding dorms, lecture halls etc

CSU is trying to increase enrollment by a 7k? How quickly? Where the **** are the kids going to come from? No way you can maintain current standards and increase enrollment by 7k. CSU currently accepts 85.5% of applicants. I wonder how close to 100% they will have to go.
http://www.parchment.com/c/college/college-310-Colorado-State-University.html

I have no doubt they will be able to increase enrollment by that amount. Word on teh street is that Fibers is one of the fastest growing majors around.
:lol:

The students showed up fine last year. It's the alumni who don't.

Fail
It really does sound like a fail if you can't get alumni to show up for one of CSU's best ever bball seasons even with an on campus arena. Wonder what that means for football...

This kid is really starting to be annoying. This thread went from mildly entertaining to irritating very quickly.

Here for some comparison

moby.jpg
coors.jpg

CU has two brand new video boards in the corners of the stadium, CSU has the video thing in the middle. CU fans would love to have it over the court however the way our roof was built we could not do it without starting over.

Moby sits 8745 fans
Coors sits 11064 fans

Moby averaged 5,513 fans during conference play
Coors averaged 7,804 fans over the whole season (could not find conference game numbers but I am sure they would be closer to 8500)

Both decent arenas, and trying to take my bias out of the equation I do prefer the classic old school look of the CEC to the modern feel inside Moby. I do like the rams horns in the court, I think that was a unique touch to your court that was a good idea.

They need to bring back the standard hoops instead of the fly away ones they use now. Also they need to paint the ceiling black and give us a new lighting system. The CEC should attempt to mimick some aspects of The Pit, since the overall set up of the arena is very similar.

Last edited:
Nope. Increasing enrollment to 35k for actual students on campus

Actually you are partially correct. I just looked at my email from May and they expect it to be 35k by 2020. These numbers reflect population growth and a growing number of students coming out of high school that continue on to higher education vs previous years.

They are currently increasing enrollment by offering a more adult friendly combination of online/classroom pods though. I do believe that will help but I am sick of schools doing it. The education quality is not the same yet they receive the same transcripts. My girlfriend, fiance now but I hate the French :lol:, went to Regis as a traditional student and her sister in law went to the adult program and they have the same degree.

CSU is trying to increase enrollment by a 7k? How quickly? Where the **** are the kids going to come from? No way you can maintain current standards and increase enrollment by 7k. CSU currently accepts 85.5% of applicants. I wonder how close to 100% they will have to go.
http://www.parchment.com/c/college/college-310-Colorado-State-University.html

I did see that with the growth of the in-state population and the enrollment impact that is being projected out of the state capitol, a big reason Benson is doing so much expansion of CU's dorm room and classroom capacity is that we could see as much as a 50% increase in student population in the next 20 years.

I did see that with the growth of the in-state population and the enrollment impact that is being projected out of the state capitol, a big reason Benson is doing so much expansion of CU's dorm room and classroom capacity is that we could see as much as a 50% increase in student population in the next 20 years.

Yeah that was my bad. I haven't eaten lunch yet so I'm a little off.

Well I'm always a little off but even more when I don't have food.

Probably, but 2,000 paying fans and 5k students is better than 2,000 paying fans and 3k students. More people in the stands the better.

It just costs you guys more. More money for cooling, more security, more facilities (toilets flushing) etc. You need to get more paying fans, but I do think students are important to the atmosphere.

It just costs you guys more. More money for cooling, more security, more facilities (toilets flushing) etc. You need to get more paying fans, but I do think students are important to the atmosphere.
Graham is working hard on this. Also part of the reasons for the $20million renovations to Moby to increase the game day atmosphere and quality of concessions. For the fans.

I know this isn't basketball but CSU makes a lot of money off volleyball attendance which ranks #13 in the nation. Makes up a lot for the "lack" of bball attendance. I'd venture to say Bball+volleyball attendance is ~ for CSU v CU

Last edited:
Graham is working hard on this. Also part of the reasons for the $20million renovations to Moby to increase the game day atmosphere and quality of concessions. For the fans

I hate concession stands at basketball games, just distracts people. Give them a water bottle on the way in. But, then again, I sit in the student section. No one can afford that ****.

I'd venture to say Bball+volleyball attendance is ~ for CSU v CU

And you'd be wrong - again.

CU volleyball + Basketball attendance 2011-2012 = 8562/Game
CSU volleyball + basketball attendance 2011-2012 = 7664/game.

Even with CU's AWFUL volleyball team, we still average 12% more than you when the two programs are combined.

Back