What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Looking forward to the CSU game next year

Graham is working hard on this. Also part of the reasons for the $20million renovations to Moby to increase the game day atmosphere and quality of concessions. For the fans.

I know this isn't basketball but CSU makes a lot of money off volleyball attendance which ranks #13 in the nation. Makes up a lot for the "lack" of bball attendance. I'd venture to say Bball+volleyball attendance is ~ for CSU v CU

attendance does not equal revenue. Would you rather have 6,000 people paying an average of $20 a seat or 10,000 people paying an average of $5 a seat? So far all you talked about is more students getting to the game and that is not going to turn into more dollars for your program.

can you post stats on volleyball attendance and revenue?

speaking of quality of concessions, can we get some beer in the club room for CU basketball? I am tired of paying $6 for the swill they are peddling.

And you'd be wrong - again.

CU volleyball + Basketball attendance 2011-2012 = 8562/Game
CSU volleyball + basketball attendance 2011-2012 = 7664/game.

Even with CU's AWFUL volleyball team, we still average 12% more than you when the two programs are combined.
Oh man, that 12% is impressive!! Really something to hang your hat on and put other programs down for!

First, you make a false statement...

Graham is working hard on this. Also part of the reasons for the $20million renovations to Moby to increase the game day atmosphere and quality of concessions. For the fans.

I know this isn't basketball but CSU makes a lot of money off volleyball attendance which ranks #13 in the nation. Makes up a lot for the "lack" of bball attendance. I'd venture to say Bball+volleyball attendance is ~ for CSU v CU

Then I point out that the statement is false, and I use actual figures to back up the assertion. Not a 'venture'.

Oh man, that 12% is impressive!! Really something to hang your hat on and put other programs down for!

Then you come up with this. Honestly, son - I believe you are fully retarded. You had three choices here - A) ignore the fact that you were just proven wrong and not post anything, B) man up and admit you are wrong, or C) try to turn the conversation into a direction that doesn't show how utterly moronic you are. You chose C. You always choose C.

First, you make a false statement...

Then I point out that the statement is false, and I use actual figures to back up the assertion. Not a 'venture'.

Then you come up with this. Honestly, son - I believe you are fully retarded. You had three choices here - A) ignore the fact that you were just proven wrong and not post anything, B) man up and admit you are wrong, or C) try to turn the conversation into a direction that doesn't show how utterly moronic you are. You chose C. You always choose C.
It wasn't a statement of fact, it was a mere guess on my part. Congrats on CU having less than a thousand more in attendance for the two sports combined. Thats not that big of a deal.

One more thing. uMAD?

It wasn't a statement of fact, it was a mere guess on my part. Congrats on CU having less than a thousand more in attendance for the two sports combined. Thats not that big of a deal.

One more thing. uMAD?

Nah I'm going to thanksgiving this year.

One more thing. uMAD?

Sure seemed like you thought it was a bigger deal when you thought CSU had higher combined attendance... :lol:

One more thing. uMAD?
Then why did you bring it up?

12% is no pretty similar. Do you work with data at all? I would love to report to one of our execs "Well, we were 12% less in revenue this year, but that is pretty similar to last year, so don't worry about it" - then I can start looking for a new job.

12% is no pretty similar. Do you work with data at all? I would love to report to one of our execs "Well, we were 12% less in revenue this year, but that is pretty similar to last year, so don't worry about it" - then I can start looking for a new job.
Well when you guys are putting CSU down for our "lack" of attendance and the combined scores are a whopping 900 different in ticket sales, thats not a big enough difference to be putting other programs down for and acting like you're much better

I happen to think that running some weird smack that aggregates Volleyball and MBB is weird and pointless. That doesn't change the fact that you're an idot

Well when you guys are putting CSU down for our "lack" of attendance and the combined scores are a whopping 900 different in ticket sales, thats not a big enough difference to be putting other programs down for and acting like you're much better
we are much better than you. In every way. Well, except for volleyball.

we are much better than you. In every way. Well, except for volleyball.

Mad respect for CSU women's volleyball. Excellent program with a fantastic coach and strong following. It's why CSU is known as a WVB school and that's the sport people think of first, second and last when you say "CSU sports". It's their signature sport. I hope our program can get to the same level without needing the same focus.

True. When I think "Women's Volleyball", I think CSU. It's the very first thing that comes to mind, in fact.

I didn't even know how awesome CSU volleyball was until I read this thread, now I am a believer. When will the government controlled media start letting the rest of the world know about CSU women's volleyball?

Hey pillowbiter, just for the sake of argument. what is more important to you attendance or revenue?

I didn't even know how awesome CSU volleyball was until I read this thread, now I am a believer. When will the government controlled media start letting the rest of the world know about CSU women's volleyball?

I had no idea how sublime CSU was until OMFGasm started posting here. FOCO is like some kind of holy land, the basketball team is like this...

BasketballTeam_thumb3.jpg

and the football team is like this...

212677_f520.jpg

I think his presence has been enlightening for all of us.

And stables. You can't board your Polo ponies in Boulder.

Good point. As a resident of Colorado, I'm proud to say that if you're looking for a ringer to play on your company's volleyball league team or for someone to give medical care to your pet -- you want that person to have a CSU degree.

Back