What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB GAME THREAD - CU @ Wash St. | Feb. 20th @ 8pm | Pac 12 Net

What the hell happened to him? Wasn't he basically leading the country in 3pt % early in the year. I assumed their would be some regression, but he fell off a cliff. CU overall missed double digit wide open 3s, while Wazzu knocked down contested looks.
Kind of like Dom was last year. Overall percentage looked good, but there were games (especially on the road) when he had epically painful shooting nights and there just isn't enough else in their games to not have that turn into a complete horror show.

Everything, except for this

should be erased from memory about that effing game.

That and the Battey dunk will be on the season highlight reel and their career highlight reels. It's a shame that seeing those will bring back a bad memory.

If we have to watch our shortest player inbound the ball under the basket one more ****ing time.....

After the missed free throw with the shot clock off would have been a good time to take a timeout, or at the very least Tad should have been screaming to play for the last shot. #tadball is so bad in certain situations to the point where I just can't get mad or fustrated anymore. it is what it is. 2 straight losses in Pullman to one of the worst teams in a major conference. God ****ing Damn It!!!!!

If we have to watch our shortest player inbound the ball under the basket one more ****ing time.....

After the missed free throw with the shot clock off would have been a good time to take a timeout, or at the very least Tad should have been screaming to play for the last shot. #tadball is so bad in certain situations to the point where I just can't get mad or fustrated anymore. it is what it is. 2 straight losses in Pullman to one of the worst teams in a major conference. God ****ing Damn It!!!!!
Yep that was about the worst shot selection you could have in that situation.

Part of what has me so frustrated is that we just saw a road game where the other team shot 10/19 from 3pt range and the game was still there for the taking. ****

I think the were trying to get Bey on a peel around the screen with something at the basket but Wazzu held him up and there wasn't a good 2nd option on the play.

I think the were trying to get Bey on a peel around the screen with something at the basket but Wazzu held him up and there wasn't a good 2nd option on the play.

Kin would have never been able to get him the ball unless it was a bounce pass, and with .4 seconds left Bey wouldn't have gotten it off.

Kin would have never been able to get him the ball unless it was a bounce pass, and with .4 seconds left Bey wouldn't have gotten it off.
Who would you trust to inbound the ball? Schwartz & Siewert had gone mental, you need Battey as a screener and option, and you like Gatling as a catch-and-shoot option. I agree that you don't want a 6 footer inbounding under the basket with the backboard cutting off almost half the court, but I don't know who I'd trust if the guy I'm wanting to get the ball to is Bey with Gatling as my 2nd option.

Who would you trust to inbound the ball? Schwartz & Siewert had gone mental, you need Battey as a screener and option, and you like Gatling as a catch-and-shoot option. I agree that you don't want a 6 footer inbounding under the basket with the backboard cutting off almost half the court, but I don't know who I'd trust if the guy I'm wanting to get the ball to is Bey with Gatling as my 2nd option.

Someone that WSU would have to put more than a wing on to alter a lob towards the rim, which was the only option we had with .4 seconds left.

It is what is it is with Tad Boyle. Mediocre basketball is the perfectly acceptable low standard that has been set by Rick George. That's why Boyle gets a 20% pay raise in a year when his team will miss the Tourney again for the third year in a row. I would bet it's the same story next year, with new excuses. And, those two short arm shots by Schwartz were beyond embarrassing - charmin soft. He and Siewert were both pussies tonight.

Last edited:
Would loved to have those 2 missed dunks back. Also don't understand why, on their game winning put back, Battey and Bey were nowhere under the basket to rebound. That's why they got 3 shots.

So frustrating cuz we held Franks in check ... damn. That would have put us in the top 4.

Kind of like Dom was last year. Overall percentage looked good, but there were games (especially on the road) when he had epically painful shooting nights and there just isn't enough else in their games to not have that turn into a complete horror show.

If anyone should be compared to Dom, it’s Schwartz. Another underwhelming top 100 Colorado kid. Actually, Schwartz is far more disappointing than Dom considering his physical tools.
Siewert was terrible tonight, no question. But he’s been forced into a role that really doesn’t suit him. He’s still one of the most efficient players of the Tad Boyle era.

If Kin didn’t aggravate that shoulder, I think they would have snuck out with the W.

It is what is it is with Tad Boyle. Mediocre basketball is the perfectly acceptable low standard that has been set by Rick George. That's why Boyle gets a 20% pay raise in a year when his team will miss the Tourney again for the third year in a row. I would bet it's the same story next year, with new excuses. And, those two short arm shots by Schwartz were beyond embarrassing - charmin soft. He and Siewert were both pussies tonight.
I would bet you’re wrong.

Strong disagree on the second one. I want us to go down there, milk the clock and then try to win it. Don't call timeout, don't give Wazzu a chance to set up a defense. Have faith in your guys to not be dumb. Unfortunately, Schwartz didn't get that memo and took that shot with 10 seconds left.

The inbounds, yeah... not my first choice. 'Nik makes a good point that I'm not sure I trust anyone else to inbound it, but that was flashbacks of Anthony Carter.

Strong disagree on the second one. I want us to go down there, milk the clock and then try to win it. Don't call timeout, don't give Wazzu a chance to set up a defense. Have faith in your guys to not be dumb. Unfortunately, Schwartz didn't get that memo and took that shot with 10 seconds left.

The inbounds, yeah... not my first choice. 'Nik makes a good point that I'm not sure I trust anyone else to inbound it, but that was flashbacks of Anthony Carter.

I would have preferred a timeout. Draw up a play and kill the clock. He had two opportunities to do that and both times came up empty handed with bad shots from Schwartz and Wright, although Wright had to take that 3-ball and it damn near went in. Just a frustrating loss.

If you lose to Ernie Kent, your decisions should be questioned. Of course, not a fire-able offense, but Ernie Kent is flat out terrible as a coach.

I would have preferred a timeout. Draw up a play and kill the clock. He had two opportunities to do that and both times came up empty handed with bad shots from Schwartz and Wright, although Wright had to take that 3-ball and it damn near went in. Just a frustrating loss.

Both of Schwartz's shots down the stretch were good looks, he just choked. I don't mind him taking an uncontested three with 13 seconds left that would have put us up two. He had already hit a couple of threes earlier in the game and that is likely the best look we get on that possession. Better than running the clock down and jacking up a fade-away contested three with no time left. It also gave us time for an offensive rebound or to foul and get another opportunity, which we did with Wright's three at the end.

Also, it looked like when Tad drew up the play at the very end (with half a second left) he was expecting we were inbounding from the sideline not under the basket. When the huddle broke and Tad realized it was being inbounded under the basket there was some noticeable confusion and it appeared he just started yelling a number for one of our normal inbound sets. The jump ball happened right around the free throw line so I'm not sure how the refs decide where the inbound happens, but Tad probably should have checked before drawing up the play.

Tough loss!!!

That game sucked, for all the same reasons.

Can't make a 3. Tad SUCKS at using timeouts. Can't guard their hot shooter. In a game where we held Franks well below his average, we allowed Elleby to school us.

No one wanted to take it over at the end, and it was there. No defense in the last 3-4 minutes. Just trading baskets, more often than not a 2 for a 3.

Team and coach don't deserve a bye in Vegas. Not with this game and the O St game.

KenPom is projecting us 9-9, tied for 5th in the P12 with 3 other teams. OSU & ASU 2nd & 3rd at 11-7 and Utah 4th at 10-8. UCLA and Arizona projected 9th and 10th at 8-10.

This conference is a cluster****.

KenPom is projecting us 9-9, tied for 5th in the P12 with 3 other teams. OSU & ASU 2nd & 3rd at 11-7 and Utah 4th at 10-8. UCLA and Arizona projected 9th and 10th at 8-10.

The more I look at the bracket, I think I want to be 6th if we can't get a top 4 seed.

Currently that would look like #6 CU vs #11 WSU (ya ya we just lost to them, but we shouldn't have), winner vs #3 ASU, winner vs #2 OSU / #7 Stanford / #10 Zona.

I finally got a KenPom sub last weekend and am loving that wonderfully deep rabbit hole.

Some of it is on the coach, as it almost always is after a loss. Particularly concerning for me is if we really didn't know until we broke the huddle where the inbound spot was. That is something that a middle school coach should know when drawing up a play. I don't know if he was mistaken/unaware about that, but if yes that is a huge problem at this stage of his career (or one of his assistants just signed a pink slip).

Otherwise I don't have an issue with his coaching. Down the stretch the players failed to execute. I suppose you could hang that on Tad bc he chose those players. But we had 5-6 wide open looks at threes in the last two minutes and missed all of them. And WSU hit several contested shots, and battled for several rebounds, and the eventual winning basket. From my perspective that ending has more to do with failed execution than coaching. Either way it is a rough loss. Maybe the team will be white hot against UW and come up with an unexpected win?

Did anyone ask Tad about the final inbound and if there was any confusion about location in the postgame?

If you had to put honest odds of CU winning the PAC 12 tourney, what would you say? 14-1? 12-1? 20-1? Lower? Higher?

Which means if we had managed to win this one and beat a bad Oregon State at home, everything else equal we are 11-7 and looking at a first round bye.

Opportunity lost (again.)

If you had to put honest odds of CU winning the PAC 12 tourney, what would you say? 14-1? 12-1? 20-1? Lower? Higher?

Right now the only team most project to make the tournament is udub. They’re 100/1 to win the NCAA tournament. I can’t find Colorado listed on most sites.

CU is one of the best 6-7 teams in the conference and likely underdogs against everybody from the quarters onward. You’re looking at CU as 25/1 or 30/1 to win the P12 tournament.

Which means if we had managed to win this one and beat a bad Oregon State at home, everything else equal we are 11-7 and looking at a first round bye.

Opportunity lost (again.)

It has been repeated multiple times on this board, and it's simply not true: OREGON STATE IS NOT BAD. Basketball is not football. They're in 2nd place in the conference. The loss was frustrating because the game was very winnable. They are not bad.

Back